• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sandy Wexler, starring Adam Sandler. Now on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

Sandler has good movies, so I read the synopsis and decided to watch it. The synopsis made me think maybe it was one of the endearing Sandler movies and not over the top with a stupid premise Sandler. Opens with a bunch of cameos, mostly snl alum, then after a few moments we get to Sandlers first lines. He's fucking doing one of his voices. The whole movie has him doing a stupid ass voice! I should have turned it off right then, but I ain't no quitter.

It actually could have been a pretty decent movie. It was the classic talent manager falls in love with his talent story trying to be a comedy, only it wasn't very funny. I would say Sandler just don't care anymore but him calling in all those cameos, from Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel, to Chris Rock and Aaron Neville, makes me think he's really trying and doesn't think this is garbage.

Kart94

Banned
As a gamer, Pixels offended me more than Adam Sandler's other trash...and dude made Jack and Jill. No thank you.

SexyFish

Banned
Another meh Adam Sandler movie? I'm really wondering what Netflix was on when they funded his new films.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...lous-breaks-records-netflix/story?id=36142746
Netflix's Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos revealed that Sandler's western-comedy film "The Ridiculous 6," which was released on Netflix in December, is the most-watched movie opening in the company's history. Netflix did not reveal how many subscribers watched "The Ridiculous 6."

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The general audience fucking loves Adam Sandler. That's why Netflix made the deal for all these Sandler flicks.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
i generally enjoy his comedies.

i even thought the do over had just enough to make it not bad. if this one isn't what youd call a "stupid" comedy then im pretty wary

i generally enjoy his comedies.

i even thought the do over had just enough to make it not bad. if this one isn't what youd call a "stupid" comedy then im pretty wary

The do over reminded me of hisnolder stuff pre 50 first dates. All his stuff is stupid but that is part of the fun.

what_year_is_it.jpg

People still watch Adam Sandler in 2017?
He has produced nothing of value in over 10 years.

Matty77

I miss old Adam Sandler when it was stupid junk that was okay because you laughed for an hour an a half even if you felt bad about it.

Now it's just unfunny stupid junk that is a waste of time.

I thought for awhile it was rose colored glasses but nope just recently rewatched happy gilmore and I still laughed the whole time.

The only thing that has me remotely interested in watching it is Jennifer Hudson and her singing in the film. And even then that's not enough.

Them automatically playing an ad for that when I signed into Netflix sold me on never seeing it. Just awful. And fuck those ads that start too. Gotta see if there's a way to shut that shit off.

StillEdge

I went to the red carpet premiere for this movie a few weeks ago. The only good part of the movie is the end with Mike Judge.

Dali

I went to the red carpet premiere for this movie a few weeks ago. The only good part of the movie is the end with Mike Judge.
Sorry, but i have to disagree. Sandler's stupid voice and character ruins it. It was cool hearing them again, but I wouldn't call it a "good" part.

bunbun777

Adam was interviewed on Howard stern and they mentioned that his movies are the most watched on Netflix, and that another 4 movie deal was signed.

louiedog

NetFlix actually is really fucking smart about grabbing content that allows them to cater to all audiences.

Yeah. They have so much content of lots of types now. I don't have to watch everything with their logo on it. As long as they keep making lots of things I like and want to see I'm happy.

Hjod

Banned
I watched the trailer earlier this week, as soon as he opened his mouth and that stupid ass voice came out, what the fuck. Didn't anyone tell him how stupid he sounds? Or I'm guessing that he knows exactly how stupid he sound and he just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

I just saw Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Nick Swardson two nights ago. It was actually pretty good, and good god the place was PACKED OUT.

You may not like his movies, but he still draws huge crowds and numbers, which is why these movies keep coming out. People like em.

HStallion

I just saw Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Nick Swardson two nights ago. It was actually pretty good, and good god the place was PACKED OUT.

You may not like his movies, but he still draws huge crowds and numbers, which is why these movies keep coming out. People like em.

I agree but the movies still fucking suck. He isn't even trying anymore. At one point he was making films Like Punch Drunk Love and Reign Over Me.

Fat4all

Banned
I agree but the movies still fucking suck. He isn't even trying anymore. At one point he was making films Like Punch Drunk Love and Reign Over Me.

neither of those are really AS 'made' movies, more they just cast AS and in a few he had production credits.

happy madison is his stamp of quality

HStallion

neither of those are really AS 'made' movies, more they just cast AS and in a few he had production credits.

happy madison is his stamp of quality

I didn't mean he produced them personally but was involved and acted in them. He was at least attempting to make some art in between poop jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom