• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Only now getting into TheSw1tcher, can anyone recommend the best videos/series I should watch?

Deadly Premonition, Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden, and Heavy Rain are good LPs to start with. Some good oneoffs include Persona 4, FF8, and any of the Xbox Live indie games videos. They also have a podcast where they talk about their weeks and cover video game news. I think that's enough to get you started. If you want more recommendations then check the OP.

Deadly Premonition, Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden, and Heavy Rain are good LPs to start with. Some good oneoffs include Persona 4, FF8, and any of the Xbox Live indie games videos. They also have a podcast where they talk about their weeks and cover video game news. I think that's enough to get you started. If you want more recommendations then check the OP.

My recommendation for LPs:
Metal Gear Rising Revengance
The Walking Dead
Ride to Hell
Deadly Premonition
Resident Evil Revelations 2

Checked out Walking Dead and Heavy Rain already. Walking Dead S1 and S2 spoilers:
They sure did hate Kenny! While it made for a pretty funny series, it becomes a writing failure that they weren't able to make him feel like a balanced, nuanced character. It at least made his return in season 2 illicit a pretty amazing reaction.
I'll be sure to check out the others that you two recommended.

Brothers! We have a new thread!
About time too, Rustlemania discussions should provide us with things to rant about.
Blessed are the Best Friends, for they shall inherit the salt. -Zubaz 4:20

Skrams

Listened fully to the podcast today and I'm glad Pat didn't shit on Steven Universe for being similar to DBZ. I was afraid that's what might of happened considering his salt going in and his twitter DBZ fanfiction shit on twitter. Woolie's the only one left and he's probably going to enjoy it as well. Too bad about him getting spoiled on some shit though.

Only now getting into TheSw1tcher, can anyone recommend the best videos/series I should watch?

Revelaitons 2
Silent Hill Downpour
Silent Hill Homecoming
Shitstorms
Barkley
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill 2

Maybe Donkey Kong Country to get use to Woolie's voice if you need to. Barkley should help you get use to Liam's voice.

ATM, I've got the voices of Woolie, Matt, and Pat down, and I suppose Liam by process of elimination. :v

Woolie's my fav tho

That good taste.

latest

Make sure you check out Def Jam: Fight for NY with Woolie and Matt to see the legend of COMP

Numb

That good taste.

latest

Make sure you check out Def Jam: Fight for NY with Woolie and Matt to see the legend of COMP

Wrong again. Don't think you will get Ultimax by pretending to like him. We all know Pat is the best.

The sadness trilogy is good too Snitch.

Messed around in the training mode of Rising Thunder for a bit yesterday (Thanks RecursiveFault!) and although the rest of the game is still bare bones in a lot of ways, the combat already feels solid.

Takes some getting used to tho, I keep doing Fireball and DP motions even though I don't have to.

Edit: Movement also seems a bit sluggish but that might just be me.

Also I demand* that Astro Boy: Omega Factor be added to the must-see list!! I may be biased in the fact that I love watching people play through this game for the first time, but it was a great watch.

*not an actual demand

Dammit Pat. Steven Universe is great.
What is next for poor and susceptible me? I don't wanna go on that FFXIV crack.

Also what I think are the must watch LPs:
Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden
Ride to Hell
Final Fight Streetwise

Pretty much can recommend all the themed month/week stuff. They're a great collection of one offs.

I realised I forgotten most of the old stuff. I'm gonna rewatch the Chrono Trigger LP as background noise (after Steven Universe).

Guys, please. We all know who the real best best friend is.

LmAScDy.gif

Liam is my spirit animal. Easily has the best comedic timing out of all of the Zaibatsu members.

Also, DAT RIC FLAIR MATCH! THE EGYPTIAN KING RULES US ALL!

anigif_enhanced-31861-1426272575-5.gif

flair-strut-o.gif

Reading my own recommendation list, I just realized my very clear bias for the Matt+Pat combo.

They talk about it on the RE 3 LP. They're aware of how awesome they are as a comedic duo.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Sup BestGAF? So I've been led to believe this thread is safe to be on now? Is it safe to return to the coolest GAF without worrying about my boss seeing it?

I miss this place, tell me its safe!

Edit: Also is anyone in the FFXIV FC? I have a character on a different server and would be willing to transfer if I could join the Storm Feelers?

Sup BestGAF? So I've been led to believe this thread is safe to be on now? Is it safe to return to the coolest GAF without worrying about my boss seeing it?

I miss this place, tell me its safe!

Edit: Also is anyone in the FFXIV FC? I have a character on a different server and would be willing to transfer if I could join the Storm Feelers?
Yeah its super safe now. Just talk about the SbFs tho. We can't go offtopic here.

I am, but they're super full, so its probably better to just stay at your server.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Yeah its super safe now. Just talk about the SbFs tho. We can't go offtopic here.

I am, but they're super full, so its probably better to just stay at your server.

Alright cool. Was a little worried about visiting GAF in class or at work because certain teams that may or may not have been lacking shame.

Aww bummer. I really like the game, but I want to play the game with other people, because I'm newish/randoms are not always very good.

Alright cool. Was a little worried about visiting GAF in class or at work because certain teams that may or may not have been lacking shame.

Aww bummer. I really like the game, but I want to play the game with other people, because I'm newish/randoms are not always very good.

Last i was on there were a few spaces open, and in fact at least one new person joined the fc last night. I can't really say for sure if you will be able to get in though, might wanna ask on the reddit since i think that is were most of the FC hangs out, so you are more likely to find a higher up who can more accurately let you know if there is space.

Actually I just checked the lodestone page, and the FC is currently at 503/512(i think that is the max). So if you hurry you might have a good shot of getting in(i'm making no promises though, i'm just a scrub in the FC).

You'll be kicked out of the FC though if you ever take a break tho so good luck with that.

It's the reason i haven't joined an FC since come September 1st, FFXIV may as well be dead to me.

The FC now has a rank for people how expect to be gone for a week or more, specifically so they don't get kicked out. As long as you aren't planning to be gone for like a year or something you should be fine.

The FC now has a rank for people how expect to be gone for a week or more, specifically so they don't get kicked out. As long as you aren't planning to be gone for like a year or something you should be fine.

They got rid of the two week rule? That's cool. I guess if you care enough about the game and joining FCs you're probably not gonna lapse on your sub that long anyway.

mrmyhthef

Sadness Trilogy (Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls)
Yakuza 4
Final Fight Streetwise
Chrono Trigger
Disaster Day of Crisis

Kind of an atypical list but I'd recommend checking those out somewhere down the line.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Last i was on there were a few spaces open, and in fact at least one new person joined the fc last night. I can't really say for sure if you will be able to get in though, might wanna ask on the reddit since i think that is were most of the FC hangs out, so you are more likely to find a higher up who can more accurately let you know if there is space.

Actually I just checked the lodestone page, and the FC is currently at 503/512(i think that is the max). So if you hurry you might have a good shot of getting in(i'm making no promises though, i'm just a scrub in the FC).

I'll see if I can get a hold of someone from there when I get home. Thanks for the help man.

You'll be kicked out of the FC though if you ever take a break tho so good luck with that.

It's the reason i haven't joined an FC since come September 1st, FFXIV may as well be dead to me.

I try and play for at least an hour a day, considering I spent the money on it I like playing a decent amount.

Squishy3

They got rid of the two week rule? That's cool. I guess if you care enough about the game and joining FCs you're probably not gonna lapse on your sub that long anyway.
two week rule is still in effect afaik, if we're full we just kick inactive people as needed, don't think we're currently full-up since we needed to kick people who didn't log in and unstable their chocobos and/or demolish their rooms

it's not like "oh you haven't logged in for 2 weeks, you're booted" it's as space is needed versus preemptively kicking people to make space for people to join

people can make applications regardless of if the FC is full or not

Anung

Un Rama

So good. I hope we get some LP resets soon as apart from This and Rustlemania I've got nothing to watch D:

Super pissed as well. I replayed Resident Evil 2 because of hype and this LP got me in the mood to play 3. I got my gamecube copy back off a friend and god knows what he did but its broke and the GC won't read it. Copies are like 30 quid on ebay D:

ksdixon

So good. I hope we get some LP resets soon as apart from This and Rustlemania I've got nothing to watch D:

Super pissed as well. I replayed Resident Evil 2 because of hype and this LP got me in the mood to play 3. I got my gamecube copy back off a friend and god knows what he did but its broke and the GC won't read it. Copies are like 30 quid on ebay D:

How much are you willing to pay? I beleive I still have my GC version that I'm looking to sell.

Don't worry, Hella Awesomesauce is starting agsin tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your RE3 disc.

Top Bottom