• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound cancelled [Platinum Games and Kamiya have commented]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHF

I wasn't impressed by the few showings it has had but it's a shame to see years of work be potentially thrown away.

Noooo

I mean I guess it shouldn't be a surprise given that it was looking kind of rough in the demos, but I really do hope they can turn things around.

Salebound or Scalebinned?

BooThisMan.gif

directed by iconic Twitter blocker and Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya

lol

Coda

Wow but why? Game seemed so far in development and was one of Kamiya's dream game to make.

Maybe it will be a Scorpio exclusive instead?

Duxxy3

I thought the E3 demo was total shit. Hated the gameplay and the character. I like the name. That's about it.

GHG

Another one bites the
phantom
dust.

Its a shame because the premise looked like it could have been an interesting game. But it wasn't to be.

Oh man, this is probably true. Jason has several sources and wouldn't post this if he wasn't pretty confident.

Huge bummer as a longtime Kamiya fan. And yes, the presentations have sucked, but he's never put out a bad game in the past, so I remained optimistic.

I don't think the game ever really looked super good tbh. Kamiya seemed really invested in it though, and it sucks if it is getting shelved because I would've played it regardless because of him.

I am beyond surprised WTF is going on with MS!

They have so many great IPS in their back catalog and other possible great games (Scalebound, Possible LEGO HALO, etc) are being canceled.

Why should I invest in a Scorpio when there are literally no titles besides the obvious Forza, Gears, or Halo sequels? Wait, I can also play these on the PC. Never mind. :(

ezekial45

Banned
Just gonna be straight up. It never looked like anything more than a budget title. But I wonder what's troubling development.

Are you serious? Scalebound looked very ambitious. The environments were massive, and the detail of it all was incredibly rich. Also, that online mode must've been incredibly taxing for them.

TMNT from Platinum is a budget title.

Gaspard

I feel so bad for Kamiya because I feel like he's been tugged left and right for creative decisions he wasn't favorable of.

God dammit. The game seemed like there was some trouble going on, but being cancelled... Damn :(

At least it'd free up Kamiya to work on a new Bayonetta or Okami... I can dream...

I feel so bad for Kamiya because I feel like he's been tugged left and right for creative decisions he wasn't favorable of.

To be honest I did kind of get that vibe sometimes. It still sucks though.

I feel really bad for him. Despite those vibes, it really was his dream to do a game about dragons. Being robbed of a Kamiya game is just plain criminal. Such a shame if the game couldn't come together in the way he wanted.

Wow.

This leaves me with many conflicting thoughts. If this really was a dream game for Kamiya, one of my favorite devs, I really feel for him.

On the other hand, it never looked very good or exciting. Plus, I don't own an Xbox One and probably never would have been able to play in the first place. Maybe it's for the best. If it's not up to his standards, then it's the right thing to do.

Wasn't the original vision gonna have baby ninja dinosaurs or something? Maybe we'll get that instead.

Majukun

strange,last time we saw it it seemed coming up nicely
i wasn't particuarly hyped for what i saw, but it is/was a kamiya game,so at least it had my attention.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Man that sucks this was quite literally Kamiya's dream game. :/

Doesn't sound like the kind of game Kamiya's interested in making, anyway.
He was more invested in this project personally than the last few games he was involved with. Stop projecting.

Dabanton

Hmm wonder if it is canceled, what pushed it?
Seeing as it was due for release late this year?

Maybe it wasn't coming together. Would suck though the idea looked fun, although showing that early video last year didn't help things.

Maniel

Banned
This was the only project I was interested in getting an Xbox One for. I guess I can just get a cheap 360 to play the Mistwalker games that I missed now

This is crazy! Wow, never thought it would be cancelled. I didn't necessarily think it would be a hit, but something that would be enjoyed by many.

They just pulled the cover off this game to reveal it way too soon because it is a game that has come up for several years now and may not ever see a release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom