• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound cancelled [Platinum Games and Kamiya have commented]

Status
Not open for further replies.
God fucking dammit.
So many games I've looked forward to have been cancelled by Microsoft.

Sort out your shit guys, the 1st and 2nd party portfolio is awful nowadays.

It's just Halo, Gears or Forza

level1

Man this is bullshit. One of the main reasons I had gotten myself an xbox one
PoisedMagnificentDobermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

For real? It never looked more than a ''paying the rent'' game by Platinum but this sucks.

Microsoft needs to stop canning everything.

Really? Scalebound looked like the 'paying the rent' game? Not all the licensed mediocre games?

At any rate, this would be terrible, especially meaning it'll be that much longer until we get another Kamiya directed game. Tragic.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Time for Nintendo moneyhat?

My first thought was Nintendo should make an effort to just buy Platinum now if this is true.

They need to add some variety to their exclusives. I guess it may not be worth it sense they've already gotten exclusive games from Platinum in the past though.

Plasma

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me I don't think it looked all that fun when they showed it off at E3. Still a shame though mainly because Microsoft seem to be having real difficulty this gen starting new franchises the only non-sequel game they've put out this gen that I enjoyed was Sunset Overdrive.

Feel bad for the game. It's a pretty big and important title for the studio but there doesn't seem to be the hook that PG's other titles have just by looking at them and showing it off too early didn't seem to help.
I know Kamiya really wanted to make this game so I hope it works out.

LordKano

I made on of those threads and i was really hyped Scalebound.
Gutted.

Same. It was the only Xbox game I was looking forward and legitimately thought it could be a better Final Fantasy XV than the actual one.

Guess I'll never have the answer.

Trago

Yea, heard it's been canned. Super rough development, milestones missed, payments stopped. Kamiya stressed as hell.

Probably a ton of factors to consider. Won't stop people from aiming their muskets squarely hat Microsoft though.

I'm bummed by this.

Jarmel

Banned
God fucking dammit.
So many games I've looked forward to have been cancelled by Microsoft.

Sort out your shit guys, the 1st and 2nd party portfolio is awful nowadays.

It's just Halo, Gears or Forza

This wasn't Microsoft's fault seemingly but Platinum fucking up.

Zhao_Yun

I didn't like what was shown thus far although I love Platinum's games, but a cancellation would be sad nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom