• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scanline screenshot thread. Because 240p is all the p's I need.

TeaJay

I was playing Panzer Bandit on PSX, never knew about this game but decided to try based on the recommendations from this boards' PSX import lists. It seems like a real fun game, kinda similar to Guardian Heroes.

6PouSb3.jpg

BTails

I was playing Panzer Bandit on PSX, never knew about this game but decided to try based on the recommendations from this boards' PSX import lists. It seems like a real fun game, kinda similar to Guardian Heroes.

Looking good! I also like Mr Gimmick hanging out too :)

Coda

It's a cool game with a fun combat system. In my opinion the game kind of gets boring after a while though.

It's also creeping up beyond the 100 euros tier. Not a game to wait over too much, if you want to get a copy of.

Not that interested. :)

Unless it's a game I must have immediately or I see it for an exceptionally low price, I prefer to just pick up Japanese games that look interesting while I am there. I'll keep an eye out but I probably won't get it until I get to the point in my sickness where I've decided to buy every Mega Drive game ever released.

cj_iwakura

Phenomenal. Love the polygonal work in the animated gif. Simple polygonal characters can be very charming.

Shining Force III is a wonderful game.
(now bear my arctic blast)

I never played Scenario 2 or 3. :( How hard is that to get going on official hardware?

Shining Force III is a wonderful game.
(now bear my arctic blast)

I never played Scenario 2 or 3. :( How hard is that to get going on official hardware?

If you want the fan-translations, you will need some kind of mod. I am currently using a Rhea but I have one with an old school mod chip as well. I don't know if those are even still sold. I think there's also a way to hot swap games but that's not a risk I'm willing to take.

cj_iwakura

If you want the fan-translations, you will need some kind of mod. I am currently using a Rhea but I have one with an old school mod chip as well. I don't know if those are even still sold. I think there's also a way to hot swap games but that's not a risk I'm willing to take.

I have an Action Replay if that'd help. Would I have to rip the discs and burn them or something?

Galdelico

Just realized they screwed things up big time. Moving all over Imgur, for now. I'll update in a bit. Apologies. -__-;

Edit - And done, sorry again guys (with one more, so I don't waste this post):

(Hokuto no Ken - Mega Drive J)

Galdelico

Thanks! ^_-
As for myself, I literally discovered the game again in more recent times.

Back then, I used to have - incoming blasphemy - my PAL Mega Drive hooked up to my Commodore Amiga's monitor... Through composite. In my opinion, SSFII isn't as visually impressive as SFII Plus, on the MD, but with that configuration it just looked garish and horrible, so I dismissed it pretty quick. Until I got back at it ages later - after I started collecting again - and had the chance to appreciate its aesthetics with a more appropriate setup.
The port shows obvious limits, but it can also look very pretty.

TeaJay

Somehow it seems to me that Streets of Rage 2 is our go-to title when we want to showcase the scanlines on the Megadrive/Genesis...

Some time ago I wrote about the various color hacks and this is one of them, it adds more "neon" type of color scheme to the whole game which IMO really fits its theme well.

e: slightly smaller picture

TeaJay

Here's just a quick pic of Ninja Ryukenden II running on my RGB AV Famicom. I don't actually remember if I've shared this photo already, but it's one of the rare good shots I've taken with my current cellphone where you can see the whole monitor and the game image well so here it is.

also, this is the pic I post when I want to describe the NES RGB in action

AmyS

As in Life Force Salamander, that I had on the NES? I had no idea there was a second one. Welp, I know what I need to track down now!

Yep, the sequel to Salamander / Life Force. It was a 1996 arcade game, and released on Japanese PlayStation, Saturn (Salamander Deluxe Pack) and later the PSP (Salamander Portable).

Any chance you can tell us the model number of that CRT?

I'll try later, it's not easy to get a look at the back.

Just a few quickie mobile photos from my Saturn using RGB through Framemeister:

X-men vs SF
This belongs in an old thread about awesome 16bit skylines!

Random Cammy abuse

Layer Section
Just the first boss.. turns out it's hard to play this game well while looking for photo ops!

Also one from Rondo of Blood through the Wii using D-Terminal. I can't seem to get very good photos of this game for some reason, it looks fantastic in person though.

And finally, testing out a DS Lite i picked up for just 1400Y. It's a pink one... but it was basically brand new, no marks and not even a cracked hinge!
Very pleased with it since my original one is shall we say "aged" and my other options for playing GBA are all quite dim.

Vespa

Beautiful shot! One of the best fighting backgrounds ever created. I forget but is the kid playing on a Famicom?

I just finished Valis II for the X68000. It took a bit to get into (basically finishing the first stage which was terrible) but I ended up loving it. It's a lot simpler than Valis 3 and is a cross between an action platformer and a shmup.

It also has great Engrish.

voTcCfcl.png

UE4sDfXl.png

zMTApYrl.png

uhmm.... it also has this...
8K2dCG2l.png

The best part is the "45 minutes of visual story"

rKC3D59l.png

U35qFMBl.png

ZtRfTKzl.png

kft6mmbl.png

hHodLW7l.png

6pS7MfRl.png

cfHV59zl.jpg

nueXjeVl.png

xB2L8HLl.png

hO3e7PPl.png

LKx29Mgl.png

8NzVLAPl.png

Harlock

TecToy just release a new cartridge with the original Wonder Boy in Monster World converted to Monica comic book characters.

I take some screenshots from the game running in my original Mega Drive with a 14" CRT TV vs the same game running in Retropie default configuration in a LCD TV. (yeah, the default Retropie aspect ratio looks wrong).

FezQHm5.jpg

Tl9N8hL.jpg

QcAAmRO.jpg

8YrlfRX.jpg

ASThEGa.jpg

NUe5MDE.jpg

I91OxEd.jpg

6ITZyx6.jpg

Top Bottom