• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE confirms three-hour press conference for GamesCom

Nuke2.jpg

PS3 slim, price cut, GT5 release date, taster/release date for firmware 3.0.

No less.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How to make the perfect game conference:
1-Show 1 minute of gameplay from GT5.
2-Perfect game conference.

Its not that hard isnt ?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
May I suggest bringing two laptop batteries for anyone liveblogging this.

Considering that press conferences almost always run over, this could be concentrated laptop death.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Like I said in the other thread, it's in the evening. So I think this 3 hours includes an-after conference drinks and reception thingie.

3 hours for a conference would be way too long. The 2 hour E3 conference was pushing it.

Note:

The last few years the conference has been an hour or around there, and the rest of the time is food eating and drinking after the conference.

Edit: Beaten by gofreak.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
If the rumours are true and GT5 were to come at the tail-end of this year, expect it to be blown up here on a continent where it is adored.

gofreak said:
Like I said in the other thread, it's in the evening. So I think this 3 hours includes an-after conference drinks and reception thingie.

3 hours for a conference would be way too long. The 2 hour E3 conference was pushing it.

Only because they started to show videos which they should have just cut it down to 1 hour :lol.

gcubed

what timezone is that? Looking for EST times, I always freaking forget, i'll be on vacation that week, this could be the first conference where i'm not huddled around my laptop at working trying to follow this forum

Angst

gcubed said:
what timezone is that? Looking for EST times, I always freaking forget, i'll be on vacation that week, this could be the first conference where i'm not huddled around my laptop at working trying to follow this forum
GMT+1

If you're in the east coast I presume you're 7 hours behind (?)

Anyone think the video store will finally be announced for Europe?

They did say 2009 when it was first unveiled, and at this event in past years media focussed things like PlayTV have been shown off.

Burnst

"When does it start?"
"It's on! OMG!!"
"thisis going t b awesome1"
"Zzzz"
"This is boring.."
"When does it start?"
"It's over"
"Is this it?"
"WTF"
"This is it?"
"When does it start?"
"I want three hours of my life back"
"When does it start?"

mbmonk

Did they hire the same guy that set the format of the Ubisoft E3 press conference? If so... hold on to your pillows.

gcubed said:

1+ GMT.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They dont need 3 hours, just 1 minute of GT5 Gameplay.
1 Minute of GT5 Gameplay
2.59 hours of : ZOMG!

beast786

gofreak said:

But in invitations dont they break down if drinks/reception time is included.?

Burnst said:
"When does it start?"
"It's on! OMG!!"
"thisis going t b awesome1"
"Zzzz"
"This is boring.."
"When does it start?"
"It's over"
"Is this it?"
"WTF"
"This is it?"
"When does it start?"
"I want three hours of my life back"
"When does it start?"

I laughed way harder than I should have at this. I need some sleep.

El-Suave

Heavy Rain will introduce another character at Gamescom, whether or not that's part of the conference, we'll see. I think they'll be there after last year's success. Eyepet will probably be big as well.
I my opinion, it's imperative that they'll have their motion wands there as well - and a name for those things.

ram

DevilWillcry said:
If Jaffe's Twitter (lulz) is any indication, we may get a Twisted Metal PS3 announcement out of this thing :D.

wont happen - at least not in europe :D my bet - comic con :D

@scee press

they will be introducing the psp go, videostore, maybe one new game, gt 5 and slides over slides. i dont expect a price cut, but you can count for a few bundles.

Dra-Q

Banned
Well, i can imagine Sony will beat up that philippine shop owner on stage for 30 minutes and then introduce the PS3 slim.

beast786 said:
But in invitations dont they break down if drinks/reception time is included.?

The previous years, it has just shown a time slot for the event and then you go there and sit and watch the conference untill they ask you to eat and have fun. The conference has for the last years run between and 60 and 90 minutes.

Top Bottom