• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE confirms three-hour press conference for GamesCom

H_Prestige said:
Couldn't they at least keep the touch sensitive buttons? Those things were cool.
aren't they even cooler and they don't actually measure your touch/pressure but your body current?
I thought that's why they won't activate if you try to press them with something (non-conducting) else than your skin.

Carl

SolidusDave said:
aren't they even cooler and they don't actually measure your touch/pressure but your body current?
I thought that's why they won't activate if you try to press them with something (non-conducting) else than your skin.

Always wondered why the hell that was.

Technology eh? :D

Erebus

H_Prestige said:
Couldn't they at least keep the touch sensitive buttons? Those things were cool.
They're cool but I never use them since I can turn on/off the console from the DualShock.

slider

Piggus said:
Do you eject disks via the XMB as well? :p

I know I do... even though eventually I have to get up.

I wonder what's happening with PSLife. I only mention it as I noticed the schools channel disappeared for a few days but tonight it was back along with a World Heritage thing (which is pretty bare). PSLife could be very, very good but so far it hasn't been quite what I expected. I reckon they need lots of partnerships for it.

RavenFox

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
How dare Sony make a free to use service for their fanbase that they are also making a ton of money from because of optional user purchases and 3rd party advertisements. How dare they regularly update it with new content. How dare they upload the Gamescom conference into their largely free to use service so that people who aren't going can see it. What complete idiots.
My tag say junior but Im not. You have a friend with one of the elders now.

Also in the Patcher thread that just went up he mentions GT5 and gamescon. Gameover GAF.

Piggus said:
Do you eject disks via the XMB as well? :p

i almost always eject from the controller. especially if i know that when my ps3 returns to the xmb it will blast the music from whatever game disc is loaded. that and by the time i get up and get to my ps3 it will already be ejected for me to pop in a bd or something.

Freestyler said:
You shouldn't doubt! I'm looking at the official images as we speak. I value my job far too much to post the images though :lol

I doubt you value your job that much or you wouldn't even post here.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
DevilWillcry said:
He's probably worried for his job. I don't think Sony appreciates the cockteasing after the way E3 went.

If that was the case he should have stfu in the first place instead of being a cock tease. I want some real damn evidence, I'm tried of this other shit :lol

Hanmik

hmmm... just recieved this email to my Hong Kong Account.

Dear PlayStation®Network Member,

Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong Limited shall launch a new upgraded PlayStation®Network Membership service on 18th August, 2009.Now you can enjoy more value-added services such as online gaming, PlayStation®Home and exclusive membership offers.

Login the PlayStation®Network’s “My Page”, you can quickly and easily check your trophy lists and friend list with your PC. What’s More! You can also get 90-day free warranty extension* by registering your purchased products* in your PlayStation®Network account. Don’t miss it.

Sign in the below page with your PlayStation®Network account and register your PlayStation® consoles.
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/support/p/productreg
(this link will be effective from 18th August, 2009)

For any enquiry, please call the Customer Service Center
Service hour:Mon – Sun: 9am – 8 pm
Hong Kong : 852-2341-2356

Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong Limited

* Only available on in-warranty official PLAYSTATION®3, PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®2 consoles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong Limited
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

關於條款及細則和私隱政策,請至:
For Terms of Service / User Agreement and Privacy Policy, please visit:
http://www.scei.co.jp/ps3-eula/

此電子信箱為專屬送信系統,故無法回覆解答您所寄來的疑問。請勿直接回覆此郵件。如果您有任何問題,請聯絡我們的客戶支援。
Please do not directly reply to this email account. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service hotline.

客戶熱線電話/Customer Service Hotline:
香港/Hong Kong:
2341-2356
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/support/

台灣/Taiwan:
0809-079-888
http://asia.playstation.com/tw/support/

新加坡/Singapore:
800-8523-663
http://asia.playstation.com/sg/support/

馬來西亞/Malaysia:
1-800-81-4963
http://asia.playstation.com/my/support/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Gamescom stuff in home:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/playstation_home_readies_for_gamescom.html

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced that the Presentation Podium section of the PlayStation Events Space will be used to host content from the forthcoming gamescom event in Cologne, Germany.

Elliott Linger, European Product Manger has told Home users to “check out the video that will be in the Presentation Podium” when it opens today. “It will contain a few little surprises…”

pswii60 said:
Might boot up HOME for the first time today... since it launched.

I really think you should. The amount of content it has now has drastically improved in both quantity and quality. I wasn't really into Home when It first launched, but its slowly but surely winning me over.

Erebus

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced that the Presentation Podium section of the PlayStation Events Space will be used to host content from the forthcoming gamescom event in Cologne, Germany.

Elliott Linger, European Product Manger has told Home users to “check out the video that will be in the Presentation Podium” when it opens today. “It will contain a few little surprises…”
I hope the PSN monkey accidentally pushes the button with the "PS3 Slim Introduction" label.

gofreak said:
Gamescom stuff in home

As there seem to be no live-streams for the PCs, Home could really be the place to go for Sonys Gamescom conference.
At e3 you had many choices to watch it live instead.

Elliott Linger said:
The content won’t be streamed live, it will be in the Presentation Podium after the press conference has finished.
We’ll be getting it to you asap though.

Mike Kebby said:
The press conference should be screened a few hours after it finishes

Though "a few hours" can be quite long if you remember e3.

it will be in the store like usual (in HD I guess), too:
Mike Kebby said:
It should be a very good conference, and we should have it released on the store the following Thursday.

Trailers etc. should go live immediately after the PC (see e3 09):
Mike Kebby said:
For Gamescon we will be releasing videos on the store on the evening of Tuesday the 18th straight after the Sony conference, this will be followed by business as usual on Thursday the 20th (including more Gamescon videos).

onken

Galvanise_ said:
Sony will be streaming the conference in Home in the same way that they did the E3 conference. The presentation area will have a surprise in store for us tomorrow apparently too when we jump in Home.

So it's today, what's the suprise?

pswii60

Galvanise_ said:
Podium is up. I'll post my finds in a sec. I'll edit them into this post.
Checked it an hour ago.

It's just a looping HOME video with Sasha's "Xpander" music. Nothing exciting. Shows Buzz HQ, EA Golf etc.

Loudninja

Galvanise_ said:
Podium is up. I'll post my finds in a sec. I'll edit them into this post.

Yeah its up,I have a look around as well.

pswii60 said:
It's just a looping HOME video with Sasha's "Xpander" music. Nothing exciting. Shows Buzz HQ etc.

Guess we see the vid later today.

Galvanise_ said:
How dare Sony make a free to use service for their fanbase that they are also making a ton of money from because of optional user purchases and 3rd party advertisements. How dare they regularly update it with new content. How dare they upload the Gamescom conference into their largely free to use service so that people who aren't going can see it. What complete idiots.

None of that changes the simple fact that it has no tangible value to the end user. Why else do only 25% of home users come back for a second visit... sonys own stats.

And jeez... chill out.

I am laughing at Freestyler teasing stuff people have known now for months. People disbelieving the packaging box shot, production shots of the case and video of a full unit at this point are the stupid ones at this point. We know how it looks, we know its coming now really soon, all that remains is the price.

NinjaFusion said:
None of that changes the simple fact that it has no tangible value to the end user. Why else do only 25% of home users come back for a second visit... sonys own stats.

And jeez... chill out.

I was 'chilled'. Yes, those were the stats. As Home is evolving, those stats will change. I am not surprised that only 25% of Home users returned, because up until recently, there has been bugger all to do. Slowly but surely, Sony is turning Home into something quite nice. Also, Homes value depends on what you want out of it. I really like the minigames, the unlockables, the conference video uploads etc, therefore it has value to me.

beast786

Sony Rep: Price drop and backwards compatibility “coming soon”

Over at my local GameStop (where I work), our Sony rep stopped in earlier today to update the PlayStation 3 kiosks and check in with us. I decided to ask him about all the rumors going around on the PlayStation 3 slim. When I asked him about whether or not is coming he told me this:

"All I'm going to say is this: both a price drop and a firmware update with backwards compatibility are coming soon."

Directly from the mouth of a Sony rep. GamesCom is next week, folks. Don't be surprised if you hear the announcement.

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/08/sony-rep-price-drop-and-backwards-compatibility-coming-soon

:lol

beast786 said:

Over at my local GameStop (where I work), our Sony rep stopped in earlier today to update the PlayStation 3 kiosks and check in with us. I decided to ask him about all the rumors going around on the PlayStation 3 slim. When I asked him about whether or not is coming he told me this:

"All I'm going to say is this: both a price drop and a firmware update with backwards compatibility are coming soon."

Directly from the mouth of a Sony rep. GamesCom is next week, folks. Don't be surprised if you hear the announcement.

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/08/sony-rep-price-drop-and-backwards-compatibility-coming-soon

lol at every gamestop employee rumor ever that has begun with the phrase "my ____ rep"

DMeisterJ

Banned
beast786 said:

Berieve!

jorma

is now taking requests
NinjaFusion said:

And jeez... chill out.

That doesn't really sound like bad stats.

Mikey Jr.

beast786 said:

Really? Is that ALL he's going to say?

People don't usually say "All I'm going to say..." and then spill their guts.

"All I'm going to say is this: Microsoft is being bought out by SONY, and together they will create the X-station 4. But thats ALL I'm going to say"

jorma said:
That doesn't really sound like bad stats.

25% are still 1.75 million Home-users.

It would be way more btw, if they released Home recently OR had this amount content available back then in December. The general opinion after the first week was "Home is shit and it will be shit no matter what they release for it", so very few keep up with what is released for it and how much stuff their is now compared to the public launch.
Even if you use it like me (not in a social way, just regularly checking out the content, collecting free stuff, exploring the spaces play the mini games a bit), you have enough to do to start it once in a week or two.

firen

So it's only one hour now?

VG247 said:
A rep said on the phone that the presser will last “just over an hour” and the extra time around it is “for people to sit down… before we get started.”

The actual conference is scheduled to start “around 7.00pm,” said the spokesperson.

SCEE had previously said the event was to start at 6.00pm and would last for three hours until 9.00pm.

VG247

NinjaFusion said:

And jeez... chill out.

Source?

Chrange

Banned
firen said:
So it's only one hour now?

VG247

It was never more than an hour, as I think a couple people pointed out after the whole 'three hour megaton' bullshit started. The three hours is the block of time for the conference and pre/post discussion, boozing, etc... same as they've had in the past.

Why people still seriously thought it was going to be three hours of presentations I don't know.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Chrange said:
It was never more than an hour, as I think a couple people pointed out after the whole 'three hour megaton' bullshit started. The three hours is the block of time for the conference and pre/post discussion, boozing, etc... same as they've had in the past.

Why people still seriously thought it was going to be three hours of presentations I don't know.
Well, you might want to take a look at the thread title. =)

Top Bottom