• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE Liverpool working on a new game for PS3/Vita.

spats

What's funny is that whenever I DO see a Vita exclusive, I see countless people crying about how it needs to come on PS3 so they can play it... "Why would sony pass up on revenue? Put it on as many platforms as possible." Then they put it on both... "WHERE ARE THE VITA EXCLUSIVES?"

That's GAF for you.

Danielsan

I need more PS3 Wipeout. Seems to fit given the importance of audio in the Wipeout franchise. Wipeout HD is still one of the best games released this generation.

A new Rollcage would be the bomb on Vita.

If Rollcage were to return, there's no way I'd play it on my Vita. A sensory feast like that needs to be appreciated on the big screen, with all the horsepower that the PS3 can muster. Just a new Rollcage in general would be the greatest thing ever though.

Suzzopher

They should make a Lemmings game for Vita, the 20th anniversary year and no game to celebrate it, makes me very sad :(

Edit: That was last year, oh well, maybe the 25th anniversary will be celebrated right?

PaulLFC

Good to see Studio Liverpool working on another game, I'd thought there were rumours of restructuring etc earlier in the year but thankfully it looks like they still have plenty of work :)

They should make a Lemmings game for Vita, the 20th anniversary year and no game to celebrate it, makes me very sad :(

Edit: That was last year, oh well, maybe the 25th anniversary will be celebrated right?

Lemmings Vita would be amazing. I never bothered with the PS3, PS3 or PSP ones because of the crummy controls but a touchscreen would work really well. But they'd probably just get Team17 to do it like the others.

Perkel

Banned
It's Wipeout HD and Fury DLC. It was already known that if you have WHD/F on your ps3 then it will be free for Vita

Psygnosis created Rollcage ? That was awasome game !

It's Wipeout HD and Fury DLC. It was already known that if you have WHD/F on your ps3 then it will be free for Vita

Psygnosis created Rollcage ? That was awasome game !

Uh, what the hell? First off, no fucking way the entire studio is only working on DLC. Second, that content is already out on the PS3 so why on earth would it be listed as PS3/Vita?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
why buy vita version when you can get the ps3. (other than portability) and added potential

Because were near the end of the generation for ps3/360 now, where as for the Vita we are only at the beginning, I would rather collect games for a system at the beginning of it's life cycle, simply put from this day forth my Vita has become my portable PS3 and any cross platform games will be bought on that system instead.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shadow of the Beast reboot pls!
tho I would rather have Santa Monica make it

A new Rollcage would be sweet also. That series was nuts on the psx!

DBT85

Uh, what the hell? First off, no fucking way the entire studio is only working on DLC. Second, that content is already out on the PS3 so why on earth would it be listed as PS3/Vita?

They did say that the Vita would be getting the rest rest of the HD tracks as DLC. They also hinted at some kind of weird Zombie mode.

But I doubt this is just for some DLC.

Perkel

Banned

Studio Liverpool isn't big. And WHD&F that's almost twice content than w2048

Studio Liverpool isn't big. And WHD&F that's almost twice content than w2048

They're not small either, way too big to just work on porting HD and Fury down to the Vita and maybe add a couple of new modes (like the possible Zombie mode DBT85 mentioned). Just as they did with the Wipeout Pure/Pulse DLC, they'll undoubtedly have a small team working on 2048's DLC, while the rest of the studio work on something else.

jiggles

Banned
Yeah, confirmed by Jeff on this week's Blogcast.

(he said there'd be a post about it today, but that's since been corrected to "next week", presumably Monday)

What's funny is that whenever I DO see a Vita exclusive, I see countless people crying about how it needs to come on PS3 so they can play it... "Why would sony pass up on revenue? Put it on as many platforms as possible." Then they put it on both... "WHERE ARE THE VITA EXCLUSIVES?"

Eh yeah, I've noticed this as well. A lot of journalists are saying this too. Idk, I want both :\ is that too much to ask for?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So another game people can just buy on PS3 and ignore on Vita.

Or Vice Versa.

Y'know, if the 3DS was comparable to the U in power, I could easily Nintendo doing cross platform stuff. Of course then it would be considered awesome to be able to play Advance Wars on your 3DS, and then continue your progress on U.

Top Bottom