• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference 2013 live stream links

mrjohill

TSOG-LOD.jpg

Man you guys are going get me too hype

McHuj

Since they're live streaming it, I'm going to hope its just more than a JP release date and they'll show some games. I really want to seem some RPG's, please.

nier 2, drakengard 3 port, new SE turn based JRPG (my sources are telling me is called Erestria Ogamo), fatal frame 5, yakuza 6 w/ announced western localization, MGS5 + MGS vita exclusive announcement, DMC5, new Shadows of the Damned sequel, RE7 that goes back to fixed perspective horror, Street Fighter 5, Persona 5, Tales of Zoroastrianism, Demon's Souls 2, The Last Guardian, Loster Odyssey: No Family Edition, and VF6 are all getting announced, in addition to a pledge from all of Japan's luminaries to support PS4 with many titles every month so as not to allow a dearth of games to happen at any point ever

PS4 launches in japan November 22

BOOK IT
meh

I'd die.

sublimit

Banned
Can't wait for more Knack and GT6 footage.
:(

Don't get me wrong i'd love to see more from these games (well maybe not so much from Knack) but i'm sure you know what i mean...

Carl

7am on my only day off this week... Fuck that :p I'll just catch up later in the day. Doubt there'll be anything too exciting to me anyway

Some of you are crazy. I think the highest we can get when it comes to new games is a new Yakuza.
I'll be keeping my expectations low.

salromano

Some of you are crazy. I think the highest we can get when it comes to new games is a new Yakuza.
I'll be keeping my expectations low.

Yakuza: Ishin, I would think, is pretty much confirmed to appear.

Anyway, I would hope for a few more Japan-specific game announcements. But I don't think we'll see much. I just want Atlus to give me Persona 5 already.

Elios83

So many expressions of excitement and surprise. Looks like a 2013 release date to me.

Yup, this is the 'beyond expectations' part.
I don't see them doing a dedicated event just to announce that japanese people will have to wait until next year.
In that case they could just wait and make the announcement at TGS.
I wouldn't bet on it, but I think that a japanese launch just before Christmas is being planned.

Pirabear

Banned
Kind of OT, but these Demon's Souls 2 post...

I always assumed they were the same developer as the Dark Souls team. Aren't they busy making Dark Souls 2?

It will be quite late here, around 2:00 a.m., looks like I will have to skip this conference a look for the announcements tomorrow morning.

2PM here where Im living. Hopefully I have nothing to do then. Also, here are my predictions.

Gravity Rush 2 will show up late.
Siren for PS4.
That new Yakuza Isshin being for PS4 orrrrrrrrr PSV.
TLG?
And 2 new exclusive JRPGs for PS4.
Maybe more updates on FreedomWars/Panopticon.

Pachimari

I'm excited for more PS4 news or games, even if we aren't getting anything at this event.

I tried out the PlayStation 4 for the first time last night and the controller sits perfectly in my hands - in fact it were smaller than I thought it would be. The click on the touchpad is sweet, and especially the trigers, analogue stick and gripping texture were very nice.

Kind of OT, but these Demon's Souls 2 post...

I always assumed they were the same developer as the Dark Souls team. Aren't they busy making Dark Souls 2?

Demon's Souls was co-developed with SCEJ. And apparently Miyazaki and a small team at FROM is currently working on something we don't know yet. Several insiders also said a Demon's Souls successor is in the works.

How is the English stream going to work, will it be English subtitles or an English voice over?

7am is not too bad of a time to wake up for me as I usually wake up all the time at about 7-8am haha

Guys, what the fuck you guys are doing? Don't do this to yourselves!

It's a runaway hype train now. Just 15.5 hours until we know if it was worth it

Has it ever been worth it :p

Feb 20 event: the PS4 is given to us by Cerny
E3 no DRM and price
Gamescom: games galore and the release date
SCEJA: release date and games???

Hype is justified. I fear the expectations will be too great as always though.

Replicant

4PM for me. This better be good for me to postpone going to gym for 1-2 hours and consequently, ending up going home later than usual.

Demon's Souls was co-developed with SCEJ. And apparently Miyazaki and a small team at FROM is currently working on something we don't know yet. Several insiders also said a Demon's Souls successor is in the works.

Think this is BS. I really doubt these people have in depth knowledge of what's going down at SCEJ and it makes absolutely no sense for From to go platform exclusive again. The only way it'd make sense is if it was a Vita game. Sony seem averse to outright moneyhatting, they don't seem to have the money to do it anyway so I can't see DS2 happening.

PureGone

Banned
Think this is BS. I really doubt these people have in depth knowledge of what's going down at SCEJ and it makes absolutely no sense for From to go platform exclusive again. The only way it'd make sense is if it was a Vita game. Sony seem averse to outright moneyhatting, they don't seem to have the money to do it anyway so I can't see DS2 happening.

They don't have to moneyhat its sony's IP and Miyazaki loves Sony.

Samyy

It's a runaway hype train now. Just 15.5 hours until we know if it was worth it

Feb 20 event: the PS4 is given to us by Cerny
E3 no DRM and price
Gamescom: games galore and the release date
SCEJA: release date and games???

Hype is justified. I fear the expectations will be too great as always though.

Im not disagreeing with you but there are a lot of people who got upset after all those events :p

People just want to see one thing and if they don't get that its all shit.

Asd202

nier 2, drakengard 3 port, new SE turn based JRPG (my sources are telling me is called Erestria Ogamo), fatal frame 5, yakuza 6 w/ announced western localization, MGS5 + MGS vita exclusive announcement, DMC5, new Shadows of the Damned sequel, RE7 that goes back to fixed perspective horror, Street Fighter 5, Persona 5, Tales of Zoroastrianism, Demon's Souls 2, The Last Guardian, Loster Odyssey: No Family Edition, and VF6 are all getting announced, in addition to a pledge from all of Japan's luminaries to support PS4 with many titles every month so as not to allow a dearth of games to happen at any point ever

BOOK IT

You forgot Suikoden 6 :(.

Demon's Souls was published by Sony, so no, it wasn't money-hatting, it was outright funding.

Unless FROM decided that taking publishing/funding from a platform-holder ( thus platform exclusivity ) is no longer in their best interest, there's nothing stopping FROM from going platform exclusive, since it's paid for by Sony.

Yuterald

Demon's Souls 2, c'mon From Software/Sony, make it happen!

Ugh...with these Demon's Souls 2 requests. You people already got that game, it's called Dark Souls! This "Dark Souls doesn't count as Demon's Souls 2" sentiment baffles me to no end. It's as if people think a totally different team/development studio made Dark Souls. I don't get it.

What we need is from From is...

King's Field V. PS4. Believe.

Miyazaki better be working on King's Field. I'll be extremely disappointed if they make another Souls-like game. I don't even want to see Souls on Vita. As much as I love/respect the games, I've had enough of it. It's time for From to go back to their roots. From Software had three games at launch for the PS2 in NA. Evergrace, Eternal Ring (which was a King's Field spin off) and I believe, Armored Core 2. I REALLY miss the days when their lineup had more diversity. I think it's prime time they took what they learned from developing Souls and use their new found success to relaunch their flagship series. Souls wouldn't exist if it wasn't for King's Field.

BOOK IT

Only one vita announcement? Now, I'm partly hoping any of this isnt true....

Btw, does anyone know how long the Sony event is?

Ugh...with these Demon's Souls 2 requests. You people already got that game, it's called Dark Souls! This "Dark Souls doesn't count as Demon's Souls 2" sentiment baffles me to no end. It's as if people think a totally different team/development studio made Dark Souls. I don't get it.

What we need is from From is...

King's Field V. PS4. Believe.

Well Demon's Souls 2 would be next gen for one. I also happen to love the world of Demon's

BibiMaghoo

Your point is akin to saying we should never ask for a sequel to FF7, because we had FF8.

They are not the same. They share mechanics, but they are different games. You can't understand this? I think you can...

Dark Souls is not Demos Souls 2. Any more than FF8 is FF7-2.

ranmafan

I'm glad its a normal time for me for once for me here in Japan. I hate being up so late for the conferences elsewhere. I just hope Im not too tired still as I didn't sleep last night staying up watching the Tokyo olympic announcement and then celebrating all day. But Im sure I can fit in some good ps4 conference time. Just hope there are some pleasant surprises.

BrunoM

I'm glad its a normal time for me for once for me here in Japan. I hate being up so late for the conferences elsewhere. I just hope Im not too tired still as I didn't sleep last night staying up watching the Tokyo olympic announcement and then celebrating all day. But Im sure I can fit in some good ps4 conference time. Just hope there are some pleasant surprises.
That's good for you my friend and congrats on getting the Olympics !!

I'm kinda lost with the times for the conference is it 12 hours to the start right now ?

Miyazaki better be working on King's Field. I'll be extremely disappointed if they make another Souls-like game. I don't even want to see Souls on Vita. As much as I love/respect the games, I've had enough of it. It's time for From to go back to their roots. From Software had three games at launch for the PS2 in NA. Evergrace, Eternal Ring (which was a King's Field spin off) and I believe, Armored Core 2. I REALLY miss the days when their lineup had more diversity. I think it's prime time they took what they learned from developing Souls and use their new found success to relaunch their flagship series. Souls wouldn't exist if it wasn't for King's Field.

I can understand you. I also wouldn't want FROM to be solely working on Souls games in the future. They should do whatever the hell they want. That's how Demon's Souls came to be in the first place. If they want to make another DeSouls game, so be it. If they want to go make a King's Field game, so be it. If they want to create Armored Cores, okay. If they want to try something completely different, give it to me.
I just want to see what Miyazaki is currently up to. Although a DeSouls 2 would be enough for me, personally.

But why do people just want more of what they already have?

Why not? That's really a strange thinking you got.

Yuterald

Well Demon's Souls 2 would be next gen for one. I also happen to love the world of Demon's

But why do people just want more of what they already have? Also, isn't Dark Souls II one of those maybe-on-PS4 titles as well? Another next gen-only Souls title would just be cluster fuck-city. We're three Souls games in now too. It's also not like the jump from PS3 to PS4 is as staggering as it was from PS1 to PS2 (I expect people to argue this to no end). King's Field III (PSone) to King's Field IV (PS2) was like night and day. Christ, King's Field III to Eternal Ring was a "WTF" moment for me when I first got my PS2. I personally feel like it's time to pump the breaks on Souls after Dark Souls II releases. I get that people really prefer the 3rd person stuff, but I'm so aggravated that more people don't see the potential in the first person realm, especially considering what they pulled off with the KF series back in the day.

Your point is akin to saying we should never ask for a sequel to FF7, because we had FF8.

They are not the same. They share mechanics, but they are different games. You can't understand this? I think you can...

Dark Souls is not Demos Souls 2. Any more than FF8 is FF7-2.

I guess. Other than story/setting/narrative and game-structure (Nexus/stage by stage design vs. interconnected world), how different are the games? Or is that enough to warrant a entire team's focus/resources for a new game? They're both brutally hard, dark RPGs with similar mechanics. Evergrace 2 (a From Software game) was called Forever Kingdom in NA despite retaining its original name in Japan. I know it's a bit different here because From couldn't use the name, Demon's Souls, for Dark Souls, but it's still very much obviously the spiritual successor/sequel to Demon's Souls. I mean, I should be one to talk, I much prefer Demon's Souls over Dark Souls, but I don't think they're different enough to the point where I find myself wondering what a Demon's Souls 2 would be like...because, it was already made, hah! =D

Top Bottom