• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School District to take action against teacher who called black students rats

Dram

http://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/district-to-take-action-against-teacher-who-allegedly-called-black-students-rats/553540760
Punishment could be coming for a Florida teacher accused of calling elementary school students "rats" that could "infest the class" and saying "that’s why their race is either dead or in jail."

The teacher at Carter G. Woodson Elementary School allegedly made the remarks in May, as a group of children attempted to re-enter her classroom.

Officials found enough evidence to substantiate further action, the district said this week.

WJAX looked on the school district's website and found the progressive discipline policy in the collective bargaining agreement. It listed possible punishments, including verbal reprimand, written reprimand, suspension without pay and termination.

Carter G. Woodson parent Tiera Ross outlined Cataldo’s alleged comments back in May.

“They're only going to amount to be a bunch of ratchet Walmart workers, and also saying that that's why their race is either dead or in jail,” Ross said.

WJAX attempted to get Cataldo’s side of the story Friday, but she declined to comment.

Ross still wants Cataldo fired.

The Kree

Banned
”They're only going to amount to be a bunch of ratchet Walmart workers, and also saying that that's why their race is either dead or in jail," Ross said.

I wonder where her next paycheck is coming from.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Dumbass racist in Jacksonville? I'm shocked
Not shocked

She has no business being around kids.

Not going to say what I wanted to after clicking the link. But I'm happy she's getting fired. Hopefully this ruins her chances of ever teaching again and no school hires her. But I know she'll land another job fairly soon at some nice evangelical elementary school or whatever.

I await the facebook post apology that everyone will lap up.

Nydius

Should've been fired already.

Agreed but you'd be surprised how difficult it is to outright fire a teacher. Teaching contracts and teacher unions practically guarantee lengthy arbitration processes except in the most egregious of cases. Many school systems find loopholes like putting teachers on administrative leave until the end of the year when the contract term ends, then opt to not pick up the teacher's contract again.

No sympathy for this Cataldo cunt. Don't use that word much, but between this thread and the one with the Big Bear AirBnB cunt, that word is appropriately used in describing those two women.

Hope she DOES get fired, then she could be the ratchet-ass workin' at Walmart.

royalan

B-but guys! Teaching is hard, mmk?

Let's try to imagine the incredible pressure and stress this teacher must have been under that simply forced her to say these things that previously held no trace in her heart!

iKhameleon

Neo Member
Termination is the only option to begin with. Knowing how she feels about black children, how can you honestly expect her to grade black students fairly? What black parent would take the chance and allow their child into her class? She should be blacklisted and kept far away from having any kind of influence on any child's future.

Let's try to imagine the incredible pressure and stress this teacher must have been under that simply forced her to say these things that previously held no trace in her heart!

Are you trying to say teaching isn't hard or that this is the excuse her defenders will try to use? Teaching is fucking hard btw.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I would just point out that a "ratchet wal mart worker" aside from being an imaginary construct is still more valuable to society than a racist teacher too stupid to keep her moronically profane thoughts to herself.

Are you trying to say teaching isn't hard or that this is the excuse her defenders will try to use? Teaching is fucking hard btw.

Whoosh

She's a racist asshole, but teaching is hard bruh.

edit: A got the joke late.

The Lamp

Teaching IS hard and frustrating, but I can't imagine anyone would use that to justify racism, so I have no idea what your post is trying to imply other than you think teachers don't have incredible pressure and stress

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Teaching IS hard and frustrating, but I can't imagine anyone would use that to justify racism, so I have no idea what your post is trying to imply other than you think teachers don't have incredible pressure and stress

I believe he is mocking the police/Mel Gibson defense of hard or dangerous work making people blurt out things they definitely weren't already thinking.

royalan

Besides the fact that we had a thread on a racist teacher just last year where a poster derailed the thread doing just that, stress is often the go-to defense in these "teacher is a racist" stories.

I mean, have you followed these?

KuroNeeko

Man, this is so infuriating.
That she had unfettered access to spew that garbage at a class of impressionable minds.

Fire her and take away her license. She'd be lucky to get a job at Wal-Mart.

Top Bottom