• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ScotLondgaf meet up - we'll Remain drinking till we Leave - July 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Didn't somebody video stream a GAF get together once? Will you guys be doing that?

SKINNER!

Banned
Flight prices back to Scotland from London on the Sunday is a bit of a joke at the moment. Gonna have to be in the "Maybe" group while I look for other options.

sucks but I won't have ££ unfortunately
Did just land a second job(cex) so I'm up for the next one, how often dyou lads have these meets?

and lasses........

I shall try to make it, assuming I have enough cash come the 23d.

I'll pop you on the maybes

every 3 months or so!

What he said

noice I'll probably maybe be there!

We'll hold you to that

Didn't somebody video stream a GAF get together once? Will you guys be doing that?

No

That was a house party, we'll be out and about in London having fun - no time for that.

Exactly

Flight prices back to Scotland from London on the Sunday is a bit of a joke at the moment. Gonna have to be in the "Maybe" group while I look for other options.

Ah boo! I'd say you can stay at mine Sunday night but I won't have a spare bed then, or really any furniture! (We're moving all the gear to the storage unit that weekend so all the furniture will be going on the Sunday after you guys have left)

Man, I'm in London this weekend, but not around July 23rd.

Can't represent for ScotGAF

Bad timing

SKINNER!

Banned
Ah boo! I'd say you can stay at mine Sunday night but I won't have a spare bed then, or really any furniture! (We're moving all the gear to the storage unit that weekend so all the furniture will be going on the Sunday after you guys have left)

It's cool. I'll figure something out. Already got a faint idea of how I'll get back on sunday night. Just need to see how much it costs to pull it off. Minor bump in the road.

Izuna

Banned
I'm afraid I can't make this one (again) =(

Lost my London accommodation. Anyway, next time maybe! have fun

Edit: Or is it worth travelling just for this event? Hmm...

OP updated with the plan. Yes this is a carbon copy of previous meets but it's what the masses voted for!

I'm afraid I can't make this one (again) =(

Lost my London accommodation. Anyway, next time maybe! have fun

Edit: Or is it worth travelling just for this event? Hmm...

Do it do it do it.......

I'm down! Will have to leave before 10ish unless i can sort accommodation out before then. Looking forward to meeting some new people.

openrob

So going for a meal with my friends before, low and behold she posts now saying she's booked a table in 55 for drinks after.

Maybe a bit of cross over but then I will come to the monarch.

screenshot_2016-07-18n1jbs.png

Mindwipe

Is the food going to start sharpish at four, or is that more of an aspiration?

i.e. Is it okay if I'm a bit late...

Put me down for my usual maybe!

Yeah this

Done

I'm down! Will have to leave before 10ish unless i can sort accommodation out before then. Looking forward to meeting some new people.

Awesomesauce!

Yeah so I'll be taking a night coach to and from blackpool. Gunna be epic.

Cool beans

So going for a meal with my friends before, low and behold she posts now saying she's booked a table in 55 for drinks after.

Maybe a bit of cross over but then I will come to the monarch.

screenshot_2016-07-18n1jbs.png

Haha coincidence! Good stuff

Is the food going to start sharpish at four, or is that more of an aspiration?

i.e. Is it okay if I'm a bit late...

Nah you can order whenever, get there when you can

avaya

I'm 50:50 since I'll be stuck in the office on Saturday, but since I live in Fitzrovia, no excuse not to make it!

Izuna

Banned
If we don't drink through 'til morning, good news is I can chill at my Uni and shower up before my coach back.

OCD Guy

I'm tempted to come, I can't commit yet., as I've got a few things to sort out.

I assume newbies are welcome?

Also is anyone in North London? Potentially travel some of the route together??

I'm tempted to come, I can't commit yet., as I've got a few things to sort out.

I assume newbies are welcome?

Also is anyone in North London? Potentially travel some of the route together??

Newbies are definitely most welcome, hope to see you there!

OCD Guy

Newbies are definitely most welcome, hope to see you there!

Thanks it looks likely as it would be cool to do something different. But won't be able to confirm until Saturday morning

I will go as a newbie if OCD Guy goes, it'll be like being in the presence of a celebrity :p

Not sure about that, if I come it's to get absolutely hammered. Well not too drunk as I'd have to find my way home.

Likely not on a night bus though lol black cab all the way :)

I will go as a newbie if OCD Guy goes, it'll be like being in the presence of a celebrity :p

Thanks it looks likely as it would be cool to do something different. But won't be able to confirm until Saturday morning

Not sure about that, if I come it's to get absolutely hammered. Well not too drunk as I'd have to find my way home.

Likely not on a night bus though lol black cab all the way :)

I've popped you both down as maybes for now

Too bad this wasn't middle of next month. I'll be visiting (from Canadia, eh) London & then Scotland (Dunblane) for a week each next month, that would have been pretty cool if it lined up.

Izuna

Banned
Edit: I'll try but if I can't make it, enjoy! :)

Edit 2: Made it. See you guys. Blackpool can suck a blue doughnut.

Ok folks, so I haven't bothered booking a table at Lyttelton Arms as I didn't know how many of you would be turning up for this bit of the meet. But as it's fairly early I don't think you should have any issues finding somewhere to sit.

I have booked a table at fifty five bar under the name 'Britgaf' from 6-9pm.

I should be there around 5-6 so I'll either see you all at Lyttelton Arms or I'll head straight to fifty five bar.

Ah, logged in to GaF for the first time in months and only just seen this. Sorry I won't be able to make it, have fun!

Boooooo! You're leaving me to be the only girl again....

Izuna

Banned
Ok folks, so I haven't bothered booking a table at Lyttelton Arms as I didn't know how many of you would be turning up for this bit of the meet. But as it's fairly early I don't think you should have any issues finding somewhere to sit.

I have booked a table at fifty five bar under the name 'Britgaf' from 6-9pm.

I should be there around 5-6 so I'll either see you all at Lyttelton Arms or I'll head straight to fifty five bar

Oh uh... Should I still turn up at 4PM at Lyttelton Arms or 5?

Roll call time

Musha_Soturi
eggybob
NinjaBoiX
Mindwipe
Mikeside
The_Poet
Selfish Pizza
jimbor
dapperbandit
King_Moc
zomgbbqftw
Cobalt Itzuna
Delloww
ToweringInferno
7aged

20BA11D8-99BB-4F4D-B376-E6DD7B56829D_zpsp8zj3bww.jpg

butzopower

proud of his butz
Can't make it tonight, but I'm moving to London permanently in October so I'll definitely make the next one!

Have fun everyone!

Sorry, I wimped out! Maybe next time, I just need to psych myself up more haha. Is The Poet in the group photo? I thought I would recognise his face from another forum but maybe just a coincidence with the username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom