• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Xmas meet up - Sat 12th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright peeps, since no one else wanted to set up the thread I'll do it. But I'll be at my in-laws in the day so won't be able to join you till later in the evening, so just use this as a base to organise what you're doing.

When - Saturday 12th December

Venue -

Pre 6pm sort it out amongst yourselves if you want to meet up earlier for food

6pm - 9pm Fifty-Five Bar
31 Jamestown Road
Camden
NW1 7DB

Nearest tube - Camden Town

9pm - late The Monarch
40-42 Chalk Farm Road
London
NW1 8BG

Nearest tube - Chalk Farm

Dress code - Xmas jumpers, silly headgear etc

Who -

Musha_Soturi
Mikeside
zomgbbqftw
Skele7on
eggybob
BGBW
jimbor
dapperbandit
Biforce of Power
Gandalf
toweringinferno
The Enchanter
Son of D

Fencesitters who probably won't show up

noffs
Jedeye Sniv
CCS
NinjaBoiX
thequickandthedead
Oxx
openrob

Mikeside

I'm in.

I met my fiancée at the Xmas meet 2 years ago, Tashbrooke (or Rubbishking or whatever he calls himself now) got so drunk (mostly on the train on the way to London) that he fell asleep at the pub, then I had to literally hold him up on the dancefloor & Dapperbandit got punched in the face.

I've got high expectations this year.

Will need to confirm that weekend off at work which might involve swapping and jiggery pokery, but with any luck I'll be attending.

Who knows, maybe this year I'll punch someone in the face! It could be any one of you!

If only it wasn't in central London. 500 miles' travel, as tempting as it is, doesn't fill me with excitement.

Where are you, Scottish highlands?

Why Central London? One of the hardest most expensive places to get to!

Hard to get to? Er no, easy! Plus it's where the largest number of Gaffers who bother turning up to meets are from.

If that's alright with you and your other half sure, I'd be happy to take you up on that.

But I won't know if I can make it till next week.

Yeah course it's cool, just let me know for sure yeah?

Might finally make it to one of these :)

Great! But probably not eh? I'll pop you on the maybes list

That's the same day as my work do, damn yer eyes!

Where is it? Come after?

we did a couple outside London and nobody showed up except the usual London goers, so we gave up on the rest of the country

True story. Except for all the out of towners who make the effort to come down, we love you guys

I might have to sit this one out unfortunately. :(

Booooooooo

I'm guessing you are between aberdeen and dundee, I am also in this area.

Scottish Meetup gaf

There's quite a few ScotGaf around, two of whom have come along to London meets. Just sayin'

I'm going to subscribe to this thread, but I make no promises.

Do you want me to add you to the maybes list?

Subbed, just in case I can go.

As above?

NinjaBoiX

I told my mate I'd come down to London that Saturday for his birthday, if I do I'll definetely try to swing by for a drink or two, but even that's only if I can get the night of from two separate bars on the busiest weekend of the year.

So that's a hugely tentative maybe.

I told my mate I'd come down to London that Saturday for his birthday, if I do I'll definetely try to swing by for a drink or two, but even that's only if I can get the night of from two separate bars on the busiest weekend of the year.

So that's a hugely tentative maybe.

Yes, i might come. Don't think there are any CFB games on so should be free.

The last one scarred me for life. No thanks.

If Messo is in i'll try and make it. Depends if I get a day off work.

I'll pop you all on the maybes list....

Any room for one more?

....except you, cos I know you're bullshitting

openrob

Posting so I will remember lol.
I pretty much miss every one, so maybe I can actually make this!

Put me in the maybe list. Biased to Camden

These UKGAF events always make me laugh lol. Going from pub to pub throughout London and getting hammered, only to wake up the next day in a skip wearing a tutu.

Okay I've gone from a no to a maybe. I'll let you know by this weekend.

Awesome, hope you can make it

Can confirm will be there. Was a maybe before but my cousins birthday is the week after so i'm free

Cool, I've moved you from the maybe to the attending list

These UKGAF events always make me laugh lol. Going from pub to pub throughout London and getting hammered, only to wake up the next day in a skip wearing a tutu.

Errr ok...

Can't make it this time, soz.

Booooooooo

bloody southerners! pick manchester/leeds next time :)

Mate, we've tried two Northern meet ups, one in Newcastle and one in Manchester, both pretty much dismal failures. The Newcastle meet up was basically everyone from London, with I think one local? And I can't even remember if Manc happened.

But we have had many Gaffers from all over the UK make the effort to travel down to a London meet, from Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield, Devon, even a couple of guys from Glasgow who've come down a few times. We've always said if anyone else wants to plan a local meet then go ahead, but due to lack of interest and dismal attendance when we've tried it, we're only going to arrange them in London. But everyone from everywhere is more than welcome to attend!

The Enchanter

Neo Member
Hi, I've just moved to London (well, I've been here long enough to only get lost twice a week now instead of every second day).

I am keen to come.

Hi, I've just moved to London (well, I've been here long enough to only get lost twice a week now instead of every second day).

I am keen to come.

Great! Be awesome to have you along.

Now, is that a definite yay I'll be there and won't bail on you, or a well I might come along but I'm not entirely sure yet, or a I'm just saying I'd like to come but I have no intention of actually showing up at all?

The Enchanter

Neo Member
Great! Be awesome to have you along.

Now, is that a definite yay I'll be there and won't bail on you, or a well I might come along but I'm not entirely sure yet, or a I'm just saying I'd like to come but I have no intention of actually showing up at all?

That's a definite 'yay I'll be there and wont bail on you'.

I have already given notice to my friends that I will not be attending SantaCon (which is on the same night) due to this. You cant get any more official/serious than that! :)

The Enchanter

Neo Member
Cos I'm assuming you guys would be cool with me still wearing a santa hat with beard (preferably also part of the hat) that I had planned to wear to Santa Con.

'Hi, I'm Jessica. And I have a dazzling white woolly beard.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom