• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Summer Meet up 2017

Gonna be visiting London for the first time around then. I'm from the US. Maybe I should get in on this? Don't know anyone there so this could be a good chance to go out!

Hi all, I'll hopefully be attending my first time from 5pm. Will SunhiLegend truly be there?! Wow :eek:

Excellent! I'll pop you on the list, will be lovely to meet you.

SunhiLegend is indeed a legend in the flesh. I have born witness.

This man speaks the truth

Fuck I can't make this remind me for the next one though.

Sure thing, I'll make a note to personally send you an invite for the next meet...

Son Of D

How did I miss this thread? I might need a place to stay if there are rooms available. I'll know by next week whether I'll need one.

How did I miss this thread? I might need a place to stay if there are rooms available. I'll know by next week whether I'll need one.

You're on the list.

I'm too far out now and I think jimbor is already full. I was gonna suggest maybe sharing a hotel room for those that wanna stay?

Ooh, if we're meeting in London I might be able to do this. Just need to check with my wife that we're not busy that day. I think meeting in a park might be nice as we can chill maybe with some beers and a bite to eat and won't be pushed for space like we would in a bar, restaurant or pub. Weather depending of course.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Electric Showrooms in Hoxton had lots of beers, pretty good cocktails, and a dance floor with bookable booths. Not my favorite pub in the area, but hits the three things people are looking for.

Jerry

We've tried meets outside London, no one showed up to them. Except people from London. Want your own meet then you're more than welcome to organise one.

Lol the northerners were too lazy to turn up for their own meet?

Typical, probably too busy cashing their dole cheques.

Mindwipe

We've tried meets outside London, no one showed up to them. Except people from London. Want your own meet then you're more than welcome to organise one.

It happens. Another meet I do we tried one in Bristol, and literally only one person came who wasn't from London, so we'd all spent a bunch of money on hotels for nothing.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
We do, everyone just sits in opposite corners of the pub, arms crossed, eyeing each other suspiciously and longing for human contact.

It's hard to find a bar with enough different corners.
The Olde Cheshire Cheese in Fleet Strett. That has plenty of corners.

Ooh, if we're meeting in London I might be able to do this. Just need to check with my wife that we're not busy that day. I think meeting in a park might be nice as we can chill maybe with some beers and a bite to eat and won't be pushed for space like we would in a bar, restaurant or pub. Weather depending of course.

So are you in?

Electric Showrooms in Hoxton had lots of beers, pretty good cocktails, and a dance floor with bookable booths. Not my favorite pub in the area, but hits the three things people are looking for.

Good to know cheers

Finally done with Uni so might be attending if i'm bak home in London

Shall I put on on the list?

Throw me on the list. I might have that weekend free.

Might? Word of warning if you're on the list and you don't show up we will hunt you down...

The Olde Cheshire Cheese in Fleet Strett. That has plenty of corners.

(Y)

I might bring my dog to Regents if people are cool with dogs.

Ooh do it! What dog is it?

I might come down for this, what sort of time would it start? Wondering whether I could start drinking during the Lions game, or if i'd have to hold off for a few hours!

Izuna

Banned
Lol the northerners were too lazy to turn up for their own meet?

Typical, probably too busy cashing their dole cheques.

S5as3.gif

~~

Gosh, why did this have to take place on the day I move?

We'll probably meet up mid afternoon ish but you can come and join us at an point

So come!

yea, i will. Put me on the list please. Wouldn't mind checking out Peckham, or somewhere east like Hackney Wick, just throwing that out there! Hackney Wick has some really cool places to drink and listen to music.

Wait I'm actually in country for this!

I may do it to meet GAFfers from over seas!

Just bring your drinking game.

Also as a newbie to a meetup, what are the rules? Is there a whip, real names not tags
Chris is mine
everybody wears a red rose in their lapel as an identifying tag?

Top Bottom