• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens Season 2 first promo footage released

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/LPPzZUMOaHY

John Stamos and Taylor Lautner join the cast as Doctors and the premise is completely batshit ridiculous.

Setting is a Hospital but not the a mental hospital. The Chanels are now med students because fuck it why not.

Your room is ready. Here is the latest teaser for Season 2 of Fox’s Scream Queens, and you might never feel confident about checking into a hospital again. That’s because the Chanels have graduated from Wallace University — or left it, at least — and now are doing time as medical students at a hospital bought by Cathy Munsch (Jamie Lee Curtis). Emma Roberts, Abigail Breslin and Billie Lourd are back as the young ladies, who first were sentenced to life in a mental asylum, after first being acquitted before insulting the jury.

The promo features clips from Season 2 interspersed with snippets of interviews with cast members, including Season 2 rookies John Stamos and Taylor Lautner as (chortle) doctors Brock Holt and Cassidy Cascade, respectively. Notes Twilight alum Lautner, “If you liked the first season, you’re gonna love the second because it’s funnier, it’s scarier, we’re just pushing more boundaries.” They aren’t the only new victims, er, faces this season: Cecily Strong, Colton Haynes and James Earl also are new to the cast, joining returnees including Curtis, Lea Michele, Keke Palmer, Niecy Nash and Glen Powell.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/scream-...erts-abigail-breslin-billie-lourd-1201811660/

Cecily Strong is going to kill it in whatever role she has on this show, it is made for her comedic style.

Can't wait!

Also interesting that so far no confirmation of Grace and her Dad returning, wonder if they'll be killed off screen or just a tiny cameo to be killed off to jump start season 2...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I really want to see the killer's costume for this season. They are kiiiilllllling me with the wait.

Ok I haven't finished Season 1 so please don't spoil it (gonna duck out once I get an answer) but is Scream Queens like American Horror Story where it's the same actors in different roles each season, or is it the same characters but with a different "style" of horror each season?

Ok I haven't finished Season 1 so please don't spoil it (gonna duck out once I get an answer) but is Scream Queens like American Horror Story where it's the same actors in different roles each season, or is it the same characters but with a different "style" of horror each season?

I thought we were always led to believe it was the former but this preview makes it appear to be the latter, for some reason. A continued story with same characters.

Man this show caught me so off guard last year, and it ended up being my favorite show of last season I loved it so much. I'm still mad they dropped the original premsie of season 2 with the summer camp, and opted instead for a hospital, as I felt like that would've been a perfect follow up. I am praying to god that they don't drop the ball this time.

Nope same characters, the story continues, probably in ridiculous contrived ways that are intentionally silly

I thought we were always led to believe it was the former but this preview makes it appear to be the latter, for some reason.

It was always made clear that characters would continue on, that this was not like AHS

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I thought we were always led to believe it was the former but this preview makes it appear to be the latter, for some reason. A continued story with same characters.

Nah, Ryan Murphy announced a loooooong time ago that S2 of SQ would be a direct sequel.

I thought we were always led to believe it was the former but this preview makes it appear to be the latter, for some reason.

Weirdddd. :\

I only have a few more episodes to go (I think I stopped around 8-10) so I gotta wrap it up, then I can watch this trailer and join the speculation :D

Nope same characters, the story continues, probably in ridiculous contrived ways that are intentionally silly

It was always made clear that characters would continue on, that this was not like AHS

Oh, yeah, I thought it would be the same characters in a new storyline but this seems continued from season 1.

Didn't the Chanels end up in jail? Dont they know who the murderer is? I really forget where that finale left off.

Nah, Ryan Murphy announced a loooooong time ago that S2 of SQ would be a direct sequel.

I guess I just wasn't really paying attention to the Ryan Murphy interviews. Or forgot.

-shadow-

200.gif

I can't wait!

Oh, yeah, I thought it would be the same characters in a new storyline but this seems continued from season 1.

Didn't the Chanels end up in jail? Dont they know who the murderer is? I really forget where that finale left off.

I mean it is a brand new storyline, just with some in universe contrivances done humourously to move it along...

Matty77

Love this show so much, full of the right kind of camp and takes the piss out of everything.

Plus I am always up for more Emma Roberts, I know she seems to have a hate following but personally I love her. Billie Lourd impressed me too and her character may have been my favorite in the first season.

I might actually be happier to hear about this than Stranger Things, cannot wait.

Edit: as for those asking about the story if I remember correctly from interviews last season the plan was continuing the characters and history the difference being each potential season being a parody/humorous take on different sub genres of horror, with the first being slasher films so if they keep to that do not expect a retread of the masked killer.

Where can the first season be watched legally? I watched the first six episodes, but that was before I got DVR, so I gave priority to some other shows at the time.

Love this show so much, full of the right kind of camp and takes the piss out of everything.

Plus I am always up for more Emma Roberts, I know she seems to have a hate following but personally I love her. Billie Lourd impressed me too and her character may have been my favorite in the first season.

I might actually be happier to hear about this than Stranger Things, cannot wait.

Edit: as for those asking about the story if I remember correctly from interviews last season the plan was continuing the characters and history the difference being each potential season being a parody/humorous take on different sub genres of horror, with the first being slasher films so if they keep to that do not expect a retread of the masked killer.
Pretty sure they'll all be slashers, the show is called Scream Queen after all and that's mostly a slasher term

Matty77

Pretty sure they'll all be slashers, the show is called Scream Queen after all and that's mostly a slasher term
Maybe, I cannot find a definitive interview right now and what's on Wikipedia could be interpreted different ways when they say they were inspired by slashers but each new season will feature different horrors.

The really important thing I found though was they said season two will have three Halloween episodes which is just 3X more of why I love this show so much.

I liked the first season, but I thought it tapered off at the end. Hopefully they realize the problem of not enough death. I love the main girls, but that also holds them back from killing them off.

jonjonaug

I hope there's another scene where Jamie Lee Curtis beats the shit out of this season's killer. I mean, there probably will be. It's just what she does.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I hope there's another scene where Jamie Lee Curtis beats the shit out of this season's killer. I mean, there probably will be. It's just what she does.

I think it was beautiful when they homaged her mom's Psycho shower scene. The fact that she whooped the asses of 3 goddamn killers at the same time after it was cherry on top.

LycanXIII

For those asking about Grace and her father, you have to remember that
her sister is in this season as well, so I'm sure they'll be around in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom