• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream: The TV Series S2 |OT| I Know What You Did Last Season - Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
What if they open by killing Emma?

I don't think they'll open with it but I expect them to attempt an early or mid season swerve by killing her either this or next season. Her mystery is done and she's overshadowed by the other actresses in terms of talent and being compelling characters. And killing the "lead" early on / suddenly gets you some good buzz points. It will be a good way to distance themselves from the Sydney archetype (where EVERYTHING came back to her) they have going too if they manage to shift the mystery to Audrey like it appears they are doing.

kirblar

Unless Noah has a split personality it doesn't appear likely- I assumed it was him during S1 too.

The Kieran theory make way too much sense, especially since they appear to be keeping the planned story beats in for S2 that the prior showrunners had.

kai3345

Banned
Quick question, is the series as funny as the movies? The films were great black comedies and I cant imagine the show could keep it up.

No. The writing and acting is pretty bad. The main draw is the "whodoneit" mystery of figuring out the identity of the killer

RPGCrazied

Not watched any trailers, this season will have a new killer yes? If its just the backstory on the last killers, I'll be disappointed.

Half the fun is figuring out who the killer is/isn't.

kai3345

Banned
I'm not sure what shows you're used to watch but the acting is far from bad.

it's pretty bad

i just rewatched the finale, go take another look at the scene where Emma and Noah stumble onto Kieran with the gun. It's laughable how stiff some of the performances are in this show.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not watched any trailers, this season will have a new killer yes? If its just the backstory on the last killers, I'll be disappointed.

Half the fun is figuring out who the killer is/isn't.

New killer. Season has a self-contained plot. It's a new mystery we all get to solve together like last year.

kai3345

Banned
New killer. Season has a self-contained plot. It's a new mystery we all get to solve together like last year.

I don't know that I'd call it self-contained. From the trailers it pretty clearly seems to tie into the first season's story, and Piper's accomplice

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I don't know that I'd call it self-contained. From the trailers it pretty clearly seems to tie into the first season's story, and Piper's accomplice

Yeah but I mean it's like a Scream 2. It's a sequel but it's got a complete plot in and out of itself. Like we won't need to wait until Season 4 to see how's responsible.

New killer (well same killer but different person) and a whole plot we all get to figure out about 5 weeks in, while we wait for the show to catch up like last season!

TripOpt55

Hopefully the new showrunners have some balls and actually kill more of the main characters this year. For a slasher TV show this was really lacking in bloodshed. I also hope they do a better job presenting multiple possibilities for the killer. Last year's main culprit was super obvious. Those aspects made Season 1 rather disappointing for me. Hopefully this season is better.

RPGCrazied

Just going to say it, I predict Audrey or Noah is the killer this season.

Jake is a to obvious answer, don't think he will be it.

Delio

I predict it's just some new guy that somehow knows Audrey. Noah will prob go full Stiles and find out Audrey was involved and their friendship will become shakey.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I have no guess on a new killer. My mind is completely open.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Emma? I think she was fine in the "Main Girl" role. Now Scream Queens was a show that had a terrible lead character with almost no redeeming qualities.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Random 30 mins in prediction. Emma dreamed of a gutted pig. Killer lured Jake in with a toy pig...Dream looked like Emma playing around with...someone offscreen.

The big reveal will be that she had a childhood friend she forgot about, who is the killer.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I like how I felt the show had an Elm Street scene, and they just not only name dropped ANOES but are using it's story as a plot point.

Show's horror references are on fucking point.

kirblar

Sheriff's kid is another Scream 2 shout-out, the secondary horror geek opposite the original.

Was he kinda coming on to Noah?

Delio

I'm here for Noah and new creepy guy to geek out about horror shit then Noah finds his drawings and goes "k well great!"

Obviously Audrey doesn't want to deal with police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom