• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
evilromero said:
Maybe just game console? Or handheld game?

"Handheld" would be an adjective describing "game," so that wouldn't work. However, there are some entries in Scribblenauts that break the rules (we've seen a few proper nouns and a few adjective-noun combos that work), but I wouldn't use that principle to count on specific things being in there.

test_account

XP-39C²
Feep said:
I had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wandering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a fucking doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the fuck? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were fucking dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a fucking DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the shit out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy fucking shit.
Wow, that sounds really cool! Thanks for the impressions :)

I am sorry for the very late reply here by the way, i hadnt checked this thread before now :\

Salmon

scribblenauts2.jpg
This is insane...really! Feep's post did this? So effing cool!

Ashodin

When watching that video I wanted him to use a scuba raft. You know, those little scuba devices you can go underwater with?

Hahaha, the source for most of the stuff in that BritishGaming post is this thread, it's officially GAF -> Internet -> GAF again. :lol

Jackson said:
Do you wanna know what the back of Maxwell's notepad looks like? :lol

Well BAM There it is.

MNC

mj1108 said:
We need to be able to type BAM and have that happen. :lol
:lol :lol :lol
Somehow there is this scary thought in my head that there is actually a chance this will happen :lol

Vinnk

I am an English teacher in Japan and I plan to buy a few copies of this game for my students to use. What an amazing concept, you write a word and it appears. Comes to life actually. The kids are going to love this. Trying out each new English word they learn. Heck, they are going to want me to teach them new words JUST so they can try them out in the game. And I bet they are going to remember them too (the meaning and spelling). Thank you Jackson and pass my thanks on to the rest of the team. You may not have planned to but you guys might be making one of the most innovative learning tools of the year as well as a fantastic game.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Vinnk said:
You may not have planned to but you guys might be making one of the most innovative learning tools of the year as well as a fantastic game.

This man speaks the truth. I would have loved to have something like this when I was an ESL teacher. Hell, if I was you guys I would use that as a secondary angle if sales ever taper off for this thing (god forbid)

Wii Will Rock U said:
For those of you who didn't know, "Post 217" and "NeoGAF" are now officially items in the game.

http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/2009/06/scribblenauts_e3/

Dear lord, this game...:lol
...and this is why questioning this game should be a ban-worthy offense. I fucking love you 5th Cell, I literally mean that. Such an awesome team, an awesome game, and I'll be damned if this isn't possibly the best fan service ever in the history of gaming.

GDGF

Soothsayer
SirPenguin said:
Gamespot First Look Game Demo

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6212016/

No Miah this time!

Cool things from this video:

-New level! Showcases how they want to give the player many options to solve a single level
-Jetpack! Also it starts shorting out in the water
-Maxwell sinks/drowns? while underwater if he can't breath
-Matt says "early Fall" as a release, which fits the September 15th release speculation
-New music! God, I love all the music in this game already

hmm!

How the hell did I miss this video?

I gotta say, my excitement for Scribblenauts has completely overshadowed every other game shown at E3 for me. Yeah, even Mario Galaxy 2. Great job.

Top Bottom