• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

weepy

This game seems very interesting. I've only seen the videos, but how exactly does it work? Does it have like a set number of items that only can be accessed using simple, straight-forward nouns, or is it user created items? Or is it a database that constantly updates the game, adding more words/items?

weepy said:
This game seems very interesting. I've only seen the videos, but how exactly does it work? Does it have like a set number of items that only can be accessed using simple, straight-forward nouns, or is it user created items? Or is it a database that constantly updates the game, adding more words/items?

The database won't be updated because it already has every usable noun in existence. (Allegedly, which I only add because no one has the game yet.) I suppose they could eventually update new memes, etc. but those are basically Easter Eggs to begin with.

Blizzard

Banned
weepy said:
It has a database built in that in theory has all legal "concrete objects" that match the rules in the original post of this thread. Some extras are in there too, like "Einstein" and some memes.

I suspect some words that people expect won't be in there, like "valkyrie". I just looked it up, though, and that apparently is normally capitalized, so I guess that's how Jackson gets away with it. :lol

jrricky

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
OBJECTION!

oqya9s.jpg

And avatar:
68tusy.jpg
How dooo u guys do it lol. This is amazing. I should give that art style a try.
do you guys secretly work for 5th cell? The mimicking of the art is too uncanny. :O

Jeremiah, if u r here, spill their beans now.

DaveKap

Banned
You have absolutely no reason to scribble me a Kefka but if you feel like taking the challenge I promise I will replace my current AV. :D

Eternal_0

Could someone please make Rock Volnutt or Roll Caskett? Tron Bonne and Servebots would nice as well. Hell, I'll take anything MML. If it isn't too much trouble, that is...

HUELEN10 said:
I give it a week. :D

BTW, I would be happy to make a wallpaper with all of them once we get enough!

I was going to do wallpapers with some of the groups, such as Phoenix Wright and Punch-Out!! as Im doing more characters from those sagas, when I finish them. But if you want to do one with all the characters turk128 and me are doing it would be awesome.

YYZ

I would like to call dibs on Heavy Weapons Guy. I know someone is using it for now in place of the demoman. Thank you so much turk.

HUELEN10

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I was going to do wallpapers with some of the groups, such as Phoenix Wright and Punch-Out!! as Im doing more characters from those sagas, when I finish them. But if you want to do one with all the characters turk128 and me are doing it would be awesome.
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, do you have the once you have done so far without the paper BG? Just curious is all....

HUELEN10 said:
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, do you have the once you have done so far without the paper BG? Just curious is all....

Yes, I have them all in PSD archives for if I have to change something, so I can take the paper background easily.
I can send them to youby PM in PNG format if you want.

Haunted said:
Dueling Analogs did a Scribblenauts comic today (or yesterday? I don't check the site daily)

http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comics/2009-06-25.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

i agree, dueling analogs is A Bad Comic

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Fella's, in about two weeks I've got an opportunity to ask one of Scribblenaut's producers a couple of questions during a playtest of the game. I've already got a boatload of stuff I'd like to ask (probably more then I'll get answered, unfortunately..), but if anybody got something they'd really like to know, shoot! I'll make sure to come back with the answers if I get them. I'm looking forward to playing the game, I'm still a little skeptical about the concept but at the same time, if Scribblenauts is really as great as 5th Cell wants us to believe, I guess this game could be the single coolest thing coming out this autumn!

HUELEN10

Rei_Toei said:
Fella's, in about two weeks I've got an opportunity to ask one of Scribblenaut's producers a couple of questions during a playtest of the game. I've already got a boatload of stuff I'd like to ask (probably more then I'll get answered, unfortunately..), but if anybody got something they'd really like to know, shoot! I'll make sure to come back with the answers if I get them. I'm looking forward to playing the game, I'm still a little skeptical about the concept but at the same time, if Scribblenauts is really as great as 5th Cell wants us to believe, I guess this game could be the single coolest thing coming out this autumn!
Here's a question (maybe be stupid, but if it is, I'm sorry). Will it be on a DS Card, or will it be on a DSi-Enhanced Card? Will it be region-locked?

Rei_Toei said:

I'm interested to see how the game is laid out. That is to say, will puzzle levels be mixed in with action levels, or will they be split so someone preferring to play only puzzle or only action could do just that.

Also I'd like them to expand on their "shop" in the game and what exactly you can buy for ollars.

Azure J

Anyone who can do Mike Jones with yoyo from StarTropics in the Scribblenauts style for me becomes my hero of the internet. Please and thank you ahead of time if anyone does do this! :D

Top Bottom