• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves announced (Rare, XB1/PC, UE4, Pirates, Shared World Multiplayer)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I fucking hate that the alpha program, which ive signed up for but have yet to be accepted to playtest, sends me emails from time to time to tell me about how awesome the alpha is and that im under nda for something.

I fucking hate that the alpha program, which ive signed up for but have yet to be accepted to playtest, sends me emails from time to time to tell me about how awesome the alpha is and that im under nda for something.

NeoGAF is where many come to break their NDA, free yourself my SON!

op_ivy

NeoGAF is where many come to break their NDA, free yourself my SON!

I think i just did. Reread my post, thats all i can share as thats my experience with sea of thieves. Spoilers - i get cocktease emails but cant play!

Bsigg12

Man I hope they open the alpha/beta testing up a bit more, I'd love to see this game in action

They went from 1000 in the first test to adding an additional 5000 in the second test. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do either an additional 5K. There were a few hiccups last test so a slow but steady pace of adding players makes a lot of sense.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sea of Thieves - Downloadable Fan Pack (Concept Art, Avatars, Backgrounds, Music)

Downloadable Fan Pack includes:

14 Avatars
"We Shall Sail Together" Music Download
12 Desktop Wallpapers
5 Mobile Wallpapers
5 Cinematic Trailer Screenshots
6 Concept Arts
12 Gameplay Screenshots
11 Pirate images
17 Prop images

https://www.seaofthieves.com/community

Alpha test screens.

tech_alpha_island_scrjhqje.png

tech_alpha_island_scrh5rpr.png

tech_alpha_island_scre0r95.png

tech_alpha_island_scr00pxv.png

tech_alpha_island_scr9qqbx.png

tech_alpha_island_scregoaa.png

Holy fucking shit!!
That art style is pure inner-child fantasy land.

You're in? Post some details. Screw the NDA

Fuck. No. I'm not in the alpha, just like the rest of you landlubbers' :(

I just remembered that Rare coined the phrase Shared World Adventure Game at the beginning of SoT's development whilst looking at those screens, cause that's exactly what they look like, S.W.A.G

There isn't much that is more immersive to me than high detail in longer draw distances. Holy moly the water in this shot is amazing.

tech_alpha_island_scregoaa.png

The detail in the water even that far away looks incredible. You can even see the waves breaking in the distance. It makes even something like that small island seem like a much larger space with the ocean swirling and roiling all around you in the distance and it even looks like it's really far out. A lot of games make you "think close" because they lose so much detail in the distance and it's easy to break your immersion if you don't. But it really looks like they have nailed the horizon in this game.

op_ivy

I hope E3 brings a mega blowout on other ways of playing. I like sailing. I want more complications and conflicts on my voyages! :D

yes, this so much. i love what i've *seen, but there needs to be more. how about caverns/dungeons to explore and puzzle solve?

Dehnus

I'm not surprised:

AejRAJY.gif

Please give this controller support

Imagine that, first person, with the VR head set?

And those VR controllers?

HINTERDIEHINTHINT MICROSOFT!

I mean it can be a cheap 15 dollar tittle with a few levels even :p.

Top Bottom