• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves patch notes seem to confirm a PS5 port

ManaByte

Gold Member
There’s new cosmetics in the latest Sea of Thieves patch and the patch notes specify that a bundle of them is only available in the MS, Xbox, and Steam stores.

They’ve never specified specific stores like this before, meaning there will be another store where the game will be available soon.

ZK2sAnj.jpg

keraj37

Another store can be anything, like EGS or GOG (if they are not there already), so why you assume in thread title, it will be PS5 store?

Three

I don't doubt Sea of Theives is one of the 4 but that could just as equally mean it's coming to switch, EGS, PS5 or anything really.

It is clear that it will come out on PS5 and Switch, it would be strange if it were not true with so much "clue" that leads to it.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
On another note, I was just wondering, if you don't like the idea of PVP at all, or an entire sea of Division Dark Zone style gameplay, can you currently play Sea of Thieves with friends in a strictly PVE only mode?

Ribi

i was at first gnna say why are we still speculating when xbox already confirmed it. Then i realized that those 30min of podcast were nothing and they didnt confirm shit.

Orbital2060

On another note, I was just wondering, if you don't like the idea of PVP at all, or an entire sea of Division Dark Zone style gameplay, can you currently play Sea of Thieves with friends in a strictly PVE only mode?
I havent tried it, but a Safer Seas mode was added that lets you do Tall Tale quests (with friends) in a PvE setting.
Safer Seas is a game mode that allows players to head out and experience most of the content in the game without the consistent PvP element. It will allow players to progress up to level 40 with all Trading Companies except Athena’s Fortune and the Reaper’s Bonus. Gold and Reputation will be reduced, but Seasonal Renown will be gained at the same rate as the original game mode, now called “High Seas.” Jumping into Safer Seas will allow players to experience the Tall Tales quest content, earn achievements, and provide a better environment to learn the ropes of the pirate simulation game.

To hit legendary status (which you ultimately will want to do), the PvE only takes you to level 40, and then you need to expose yourself to other players from there to level 50.

Top Bottom