• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves will launch with an optional 540p mode and 15fps lock

Perfect for the Switch.

I know you are trolling/shitposting but still I want to point out that Switch right now is a console with the highest ratio of silky smooth 60FPS titles of all current consoles. Digital Foundry calculated that around 70-80% of all Switch games run at 60FPS.

Danneee

I sense a future where people will claim that the human eye can't see more than 15fps and Neogaf will be full of 30fps warriors.

Edit: they Should have added a 320*240 mode for that genuine pixel art feeling.

Nibel

Bloodborne fans

osetmdplajqq.gif

Alx

For people who are often on the move with a PC/tablet not designed for gaming, it's better to have a game running fine with lower details than no game at all (or having to fall back on minesweeper and solitaire)

This is actually really cool, both from a nostalgia point of view, and because it's incredibly refreshing to see a developer acknowledge the fact that there's more to PC gamers than just the people on high end rigs playing everything on max settings at 4K/120fps.

Quite honestly, something like this may well allow more people to play this in an enjoyably, stable way than there are folks that even own a machine that meets the recommended spec.

So yeah, scoff all you like, but I say well done Rare!

I'm going to guess there's some horrendous tearing or fluctuating and the best they could do was lock it at 15 and the "fans" wanted a consistent framerate.

I'm sure there's people out there who don't mind lower frame rates, but nobody who cares enough to actually know what '15fps' means wants to play like that, come on.

Daffy Duck

Thinking about it maybe that's the resolution the Xbox One base hardware runs the game at and they are setting expectations now.

It's a design choice.

I'm going to guess there's some horrendous tearing or fluctuating and the best they could do was lock it at 15 and the "fans" wanted a consistent framerate.

It runs fine on Xbox so there's no reason to think otherwise on PC.

Because people are obviously too lazy to click the link in OP:

At launch Sea of Thieves will have wide FOVs and will support 4K and 60fps, says the game's executive producer Joe Neat, however those playing on less powerful machines will be considered too.

"We're trying to go as low as possible," explains Neat. "We have an idea of what the minimum specs are but aren't quite ready to reveal them. We've actually been inviting people below our current plan for minimum specs into the technical alpha so we can test a number things on the performance side. This game looks so great regardless of the device you're playing on. Of course it's gonna look great in 4K, 60fps but it also looks great at minimum spec because the art style is purposefully timeless."

This is actually really cool, both from a nostalgia point of view, and because it's incredibly refreshing to see a developer acknowledge the fact that there's more to PC gamers than just the people on high end rigs playing everything on max settings at 4K/120fps.

Quite honestly, something like this may well allow more people to play this in an enjoyably, stable way than there are folks that even own a machine that meets the recommended spec.

So yeah, scoff all you like, but I say well done Rare!

Yeah it's harmless and includes as many players as possible

Top Bottom