• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Bases confirmed for Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

Nintendo/Game Freak didn't drop the ball. I am very pleased.

Also, you can make it into a "gym" too? Why do I not have a time machine again?!

Wichu

Another interesting thing is that Super-Secret Bases can be shared via a low data-corrected V16 QR code. This means the QR code contains 4712 bits of data (or 589 bytes), making it highly likely that the base's information is all encoded in the code (rather than the code just being an internet link for the base to be downloaded).

Therefore, unless the QR code is encrypted, it would be possible to edit it externally and have custom Super-Secret Bases. I'm going to take a deeper look into this later.

This how the Pokémon Omega Ruby game icon will look like:
Jm5V9lt.png

That icon artwork looks great!

No, RSE actually does have a time component in place, but the the screen doesn't darken throughout the day and is mainly there for day/night evos and the shoal cave.

I knew there was a time system but I'm pretty sure day/night evos don't work in any Gen 3 game which is why Espeon and Umbreon were used as starters in Colosseum and Eevee was used in XD. I know after the battery runs out in Gen 3 games, time-based events can't occur so maybe that's why they left it out so you wouldn't be locked out from getting specific Pokemon.

I looked it up and it's true. Though wouldn't the game still be locked into a specific time once the battery dies? Maybe that's why the visual difference was excluded in the first place?

I'm really hoping that these give experience like they used to. I eagerly await someone putting a lvl 100 6xAudino team with only Heal Pulse so I can get my training on.

Renta

Banned
I'm really hoping that these give experience like they used to. I eagerly await someone putting a lvl 100 6xAudino team with only Heal Pulse so I can get my training on.

I have a feeling this was noticed by Gamefreak long ago and will prolly treat secret base battles like battle tower battles to prevent such greatness lol

Are these other characters in the game, or is this an implicit confirmation of character customization?
Looks like School Girl, Aroma Lady, Rich Boy, Lass and School Boy to me.

I have a feeling that customisation is going to be limited to these sort of characters, to stay faithful to the original games.

-Horizon-

This how the Pokémon Omega Ruby game icon will look like:
Jm5V9lt.png

Also here is an example of a Secrete Base QR code:
zGGmqCw.jpg

*Notice how it seems to be giving the player the icon of a rich boy, which I assume means that player customization will not be back for Pokémon ORAS.
Cool icon. No customizations would suck. There needs to be some way to change Brendan's new appearance because his clothes are horrible.

Jachaos

GYMS ?

YES !

I always tried to make my very own gym back in the Ruby/Sapphire days but it never worked out how I wanted. Now to decide what type I'll go with...

Oswen

I have a bad feeling about trainer customization.
(Re)Gaining Secret bases and losing that would totally be in GF style however.

Crocodile

Day/Night didn't make it into Gen 3...

Yeah but that's irrelevant to the point I was trying to make. That was a feature cut moving from Generation 2 to 3. What I'm talking about is that the Fire Red/Leaf Green and Heat Gold/Soul Sliver remake included all the upgrades and new features introduced in the generation they were made in. There was no chance these Ruby/Sapphire remakes wouldn't have Mega Evolutions.

Adrian121

Hnnnnng.

This sounds amazing. All I need is confirmation of contests, character customization and the battle frontier. This game is going to be so content packed compared to X/Y.

Hachitora

Ah this looks so cool. I hope the flag stealing is as fun as it was in Diamond and Pearl. My friends and I had so much fun running away with each other's flags. Too bad we can only steal one a day.

Contests should return, I don't see why they wouldn't, butI hope they improve the formula of the contests, because I didn't really like what they did with them in Gen 4.

Top Bottom