• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Wii game (with blurry pic)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
speedpop said:
I hate to jump into the speculation circle-jerk, but I'm throwing out the idea that this is Matsuno's work. Kinda reminds me of Yoshida's style in Vagrant Story.

Looks Western-made to me, TBH. Plus since IGN got it, that significantly lowers the chances of it being a Japanese game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, it is obviously that Bob Ross game. It must be from pretty early on in the game as you haven't painted any happy little trees yet.

Harbadakus said:
I used the CSI image processing technology.
ao6zjs.jpg

Ah, so it was actually Time Killer 2 for the Wii. I never thought someone would bring that game to the Wii. Wiimote fatalities!!!

timekillers2.jpg

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dascu said:
A bloody gladiator game reminds you of Matsuno? Heh. It'd be pretty weird to have IGN get the scoop on Matsuno's new game as well.
I seem to remember this one game on the Wii, what was it called again? Mad World, was it?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wow. Amazing art.

Now someone pixelize/blur out his art rendition and see how close it is to the real thing.

Flyguy

This reminds me of the time PizzaLuigi tried to get us to guess a pixelated game so that he could win a contest on a website.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I think you folks are going about this wrong.

There's no particular reason to assume there is a PERSON in the screenshot. Heck, if I were blurring out a photo for early release and under an NDA, I'd try to avoid having a visible main character.

See my badly done sketch:

23mk1li.png

I think the image looks like some sort of metal/stone archway with a beam of energy pulsing across it. Something that could work in any number of games.

adg1034

I'm not so sure- maybe it's just because I'm looking for it, but assuming the thing on the left is a person, it really looks like he's wearing a boot. And a belt. And besides, that would have to be one crazy patchwork/fleshy arch for the massive color differences throughout to make any kind of sense.

A thought occurs. Is there any way this is a Legacy of Kain game? I don't remember any of the player characters looking so muscular as this guy, but it would make a bit more sense for someone making yet another sword action game to draw on an existing IP rather than create Generic Fantasy World #5318008

Mik2121

Captain Smoker said:
Hmm, what do you think of this idea (not from me):

91m4v9.jpg
matt-blog-20090514033520332-000.jpg

A gate in the background and this guy holding up his sword.
A human with an alien head and a blue/white penis? Yeah why not..

edit - oh wait, not i see the guy holding up the sword, sorry :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Captain Smoker said:
Hmm, what do you think about this idea (not from me):

http://i39.tinypic.com/91m4v9.jpg[/IMG] http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/740/740530/matt-blog-20090514033520332-000.jpg

A gate in the background and this guy holding up his sword.[/QUOTE]
Little guy with the sword could fit, but then I'd see the flying part to be the top of the figure who's just been sliced in half.

Captain Smoker said:
Hmm, what do you think about this idea (not from me):

91m4v9.jpg

A gate in the background and this guy holding up his sword.
That's what I saw at some point as well. However, an issue I have with this interpretation is that there really doesn't seem to be any hand holding the grip of the sword. Hell, even the artist had to take some liberties by adding an hand where there was obviously no such thing.

Harbadakus said:
I used the CSI image processing technology.
http://i44.tinypic.com/ao6zjs.jpg
This, however, is actually the closest to how I see the original screenshot. There is no way it could be perfectly representative of the screenshot, especially with this absurd level of details, but DAMN if this isn't some impressive job.

Anyway, I guess the IGN crew must be laughing their asses off at us trying desperately to decypher this picture :lol . Fair enough. Let's just hope the game itself will be worth the relative interest that was generated from this...

Doel said:
http://blogs.ign.com/Blogs/Comments.aspx?blog=Matt-IGN&entryid=120431

" This is a Wii exclusive game. Developed from the ground up. "

Any ideas?..

It looks like a girl with a winged crown in front a monster. I think I'm seeing a ponytail down that long hair of her's. Looks like a short skirt is being worn, legs are seen, then brown boots. What we all are thinking as a sword may just be a scabbard. I think I see a hand right above the scabbard that's clothed in blackish gloves, with the end of the fingers showing. In the background, it appears to be a monster. The bright white light, seemingly circled in red, can be seen both to the right and the left. I'm going to assume that's the hands of the beast.

Edit: The picture makes me think Dynamic Slash for the Wii that Nintendo announced at its press conference last year. I wonder if it has gone under any heavy changes since.

first-look-dynamic-zan-20081002091454501_640w.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So this is actually the new Bethesda game according to Kotaku (or has high chances of being that), supposed to be a "mature game".

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Ether_Snake said:
So this is actually the new Bethesda game according to Kotaku (or has high chances of being that), supposed to be a "mature game".

Maybe it's that Oblivion game that was supposed to be released for the PSP? Elder Scrolls Travels, was it?

shykyoichi said:
Isn't this vaporware?

Just because we don't see hours of footage from a game every day doesn't make it vaporware.
Especially given Nintendo's policy these days.

Sword Familiar said:
Maybe it's that Oblivion game that was supposed to be released for the PSP? Elder Scrolls Travels, was it?

Yep, and that's exactly what I've been saying they'd do, too.
However, Matt said that this game was built ground up for the Wii, so who knows.

wrowa said:
It's just a Nintendo game.

AceBandage said:
Just because we don't see hours of footage from a game every day doesn't make it vaporware.
Especially given Nintendo's policy these days.

Yep, and that's exactly what I've been saying they'd do, too.
However, Matt said that this game was built ground up for the Wii, so who knows.

Oh, it's a Nintendo game? That explains a lot.

User Tron

Stormbringer said:
That's what I saw at some point as well. However, an issue I have with this interpretation is that there really doesn't seem to be any hand holding the grip of the sword. Hell, even the artist had to take some liberties by adding an hand where there was obviously no such thing.

IMHO the guy is wearing a leather glove which goes up to the elbow. The glove is covered with spikes like a gladiator.

Top Bottom