• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega-AM2 Interview - New Xbox OutRun2 details!

GigaDrive

Banned
Xbox OutRun2 is visually "arcade exact".

gawd, I could kiss Makoto Osaki! he said its visually 'arcade exact' instead of....shudder 'arcade perfect' a phase that I completely fucking dispise because it means NOTHING, and yet it means so many things to different people, which is just confusing as fuck.

GigaDrive

Banned
new Xbox courses sounds wonderful...

though let me be the first to say in this thread: FOR FUCKS SAKE BRING DAYTONA USA(s) TO THE FREAKING XBOX ALREADY, IF NOT XENON

GigaDrive

Banned
Kikizo: The conversion itself is graphically flawless - there's nothing to separate it from the arcade original, and obviously there were a lot of doubts about whether that could be accomplished because of the significantly higher RAM on board Chihiro - how was it accomplished at Sumo Digital?

Makoto Osaki: I really appreciate what Sumo Digital has done. The Xbox version is running on 64RAM rather than the arcade version's 128, that's half the memory, and yet the graphics are exactly the same as the arcade. It's very impressive and we really appreciate it. In fact AM2 was surprised it has been done so successfully.

oh my word! I didn't know that. I though Chihiro had the same amount of memory as Xbox. well, 128 MB on Chihiro means that board is to Xbox what System 11 is to PlayStation or NAOMI is to Dreamcast or TriForce is to GameCube.

GigaDrive said:
gawd, I could kiss Makoto Osaki! he said its visually 'arcade exact' instead of....shudder 'arcade perfect' a phase that I completely fucking dispise because it means NOTHING, and yet it means so many things to different people, which is just confusing as fuck.

Erm, I think it was the site that actually made that comment (that was also made in the hands-on they did with the Xbox version from before E3). So you now have to KISS KIKIZO!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting entire articles is against the rules I believe... people have been banded for less...!

Don't I know it!

Cant wait to give this game a go... just wish they'd release it at $29.99, though $39.99 seems fair too... I'll probably get this instead of Forza actually.

BeOnEdge

Banned
I KNEW MS would publish it here!!!! When some of you fools were babbling about how it'd only be on ps2 and blah blah blah. It was a given. they published like 1/4 of segas US XBOX games already anyway.

MrSingh

a little bird told me that the AV folks want to bring Daytona to Xbox Live. but no idea if they'll ever make it happen. booooo!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
GigaDrive said:
oh my word! I didn't know that. I though Chihiro had the same amount of memory as Xbox. well, 128 MB on Chihiro means that board is to Xbox what System 11 is to PlayStation or NAOMI is to Dreamcast or TriForce is to GameCube.

I may be wrong, but I've read elsewhere that Chihiro had 64 + 64 MB of RAM. 64 MB on the main board and 64 MB as a buffer between the console and the GD-Rom drive.
But since the Xbox motherboard natively supports 128 MB of RAM I would not be surprised either.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
If I had to make a guess about the extra courses ....

Extra courses = Daytona Tracks/Courses

Just my $.02

A very wishful $.02. I'd imagine it being more vehicle related than course related. But that's just my $.02.

GigaDrive

Banned
little bird told me that the AV folks want to bring Daytona to Xbox Live. but no idea if they'll ever make it happen. booooo!

If I had to make a guess about the extra courses ....

Extra courses = Daytona Tracks/Courses

Just my $.02

all this talk of Daytona has made me cum all over the carpet.

looks I'll need to get new carpeting installed :/

ge-man

I feel the same way. I think I might make a trip out to my local Jillian's tonight or tommorrow to play their Daytona cabs.

MrSingh said:
a little bird told me that the AV folks want to bring Daytona to Xbox Live. but no idea if they'll ever make it happen. booooo!

They'd have to sublicense the NASCAR license from EA (if EA has that option), wouldn't they? I was under the impression that EA still held the console license for NASCAR (with Daytona being a part of that).

Oh and Outrun 2 will rock! I hope it's at least 8-player on Live.

jarrod

Banned
Blimblim said:
I may be wrong, but I've read elsewhere that Chihiro had 64 + 64 MB of RAM. 64 MB on the main board and 64 MB as a buffer between the console and the GD-Rom drive.
But since the Xbox motherboard natively supports 128 MB of RAM I would not be surprised either.
A 128MB RAM equipped XBox would be amazing, and allow a huge jump in performance over PS2/GC. I remember those gorgeous original Fable shots running off the 128MB XBox dev units.... *drool*

COCKLES

being watched
xbanana.gif
xbanana.gif
xbanana.gif
xbanana.gif

jarrod

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
They'd have to sublicense the NASCAR license from EA (if EA has that option), wouldn't they? I was under the impression that EA still held the console license for NASCAR (with Daytona being a part of that).
They hold all game rights... PC, arcade and even mobile included. Sega had to work with EA to get NASCAR Arcade made too.

BeOnEdge

Banned
outrun 2 could have the daytona usa courses, or even daytona period without ea as long as it isnt called daytona. there's no sponsered cars, the daytona course isnt even a realistic version of the daytona course.

here's hoping they bump up the difficulty. i managed to beat every path in the game in under 30 minutes at E3.

aside from that, it's a really fantastic game. not as good as the first though.

Honestly, I think the game will probably have extra courses and cars. Probably one or two different modes as well. Can't wait to see and hear more about it. :)

BeOnEdge said:
not as good as the first? ur insane.
hah, well it's not. it might control just as good, but it's definitely not as fun. not to mention that the game is waaay too easy. like i said, i beat it on every difficulty, checked out all the paths, and did it in under 30 minutes.

Omeyocan

Evilromero, you just expressed what I was thinking since the begining. For sure OutRun 2 is the only XBox game I want. And it's going to be the only I'm going to have.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I guess I'll be buy an Outrun 2 TV Adapt^H^H^H^H XBox later this year, assuming the US release and Euro release are simultaneous.

Shinobi

MightyHedgehog said:

Oh and Outrun 2 will rock! I hope it's at least 8-player on Live.

Yep. It's funny, people somehow figured US OutRun 2 was gonna get tied up in red tape because Acclaim still owns the Ferrari license (something they gave up three years mind you, and has seen a host of publishers release games with Ferrari cars including Sega with the PS2 version of F355), yet the fact that EA has the entire NASCAR license on lock (which I'm sure includes Daytona if they're smart) gets ignored with wishful thinking about Daytona Live. Just bizarre. And I'm sure EA would make some high demands in order for Sega to release the game here.

BTW, I thought Sega AM2 (and all the other sub-divisions at Sega) were no more? Or did people simply jump the gun, as is often the case around here.

skip

Johnny Nighttrain said:
here's hoping they bump up the difficulty. i managed to beat every path in the game in under 30 minutes at E3.

aside from that, it's a really fantastic game. not as good as the first though.

the timer in the E3 version was intentionally more generous, it's back to normal now.

and it's awesome.

Top Bottom