• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega/Deep Silver publishing Valkyria Revolution in Q2 2017 on PS4/XB1/Vita

Yep, they've been improving it. There's also a second, and a third(?) demo. They've been taking a lot of feedback, so hopefully it ends up being good.

I haven't paid very close attention, but I know Sega has completely revamped the combat system since that first demo. The development team seems to be paying as close attention to consumer feedback as the FF XV team did/is.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. Completely ignored it after the first dmeo

Deep Silver eh. SEGA won't even publish it themselves?

Sega is done with physical/console in Europe.

Deep Silver is also doing Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami

They're now the dedicated publishing partner for everything Atlus/SEGA JP in Europe

Hellraider

Not physical for PS Vita.
Also, what is SEGA Europe doing, why does everything get published through Deep Silver?

Sega bought Atlus not to release their games in Europe, but to have their own games released in Europe by Atlus' partners. Everything makes sense now!

Nephtes

I feel obligated to buy this game for the Xbox just so more companies bring these kinds of games into the Xbox ecosystem... Even if I have 0 intention of playing it...

prwxv3

Just check at the sales. They sell quite well. Not at PS4 level? Right. Yet, why would they cut away something like 1/3 of sales?

Take a look at type zero sales again. FFX sold more on vita then on Xbox one in the US.

And FF15 splits in places where Xbone is doing well.

Just check at the sales. They sell quite well. Not at PS4 level? Right. Yet, why would they cut away something like 1/3 of sales?

1/3? go check out Final fantasy type zero, and final fantasy 15, take your 1/3 of sales and half it, take off 4 and your about there, and this doesn't have the final fantasy name to sell it to the XBO audience.

Physical as well? so they're getting that minimum XBO run? bomba price drop incoming.

Had a shock when I saw that Xbox One boxart. Will pick it up on Xbox One as the hipster choice.

I suspect a PC version will come later, probably when the value/price of the PS4/One versions drops from the $60 launch price.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So worried, I have super low confidence of this turning out to be good :/ hope I'm super wrong. The demo wasn't too great and they went backwards on the designs.

Saphirax

We're talking about a niche rpg. The split (in the UK, doubt it'll be that much different in NA) for FFXV was 79-21. It definitely won't be 1/3 of the sales.

I hope this has dual audio.

Top Bottom