• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World coming to XBLA!

Tomasooie

and still no one updated the title that it's coming to ps3 too?
Someone should just make a new thread. I don't think there was one for the Alex Kidd and Co. Collection and now it looks like there might be a Streets of Rage and Golden Axe Collection in the works.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Honestly, they should do a Shinobi collection instead of relegating Revenge of Shinobi to the Alex Kidd pack. Shinobi/Revenge/Shinobi 3 would be awesome.

@MUWANdo

Banned
No Shadow Dancer? :p

It's a good game, but if we're limited to three choices then you can't really leave out any of the games I listed.

...then again, some would say you can't leave Dragons' Trap out of a Monster World collection, yet here we are.

Achievements are out and of course Glorious Sega opted not to go with the new thirty achievements route even though there are three full games in this pack. At least the best game in the pack gets the lion's share of achievements. It's still a shame though, there's so much more potential when each game could have had ten. But hey, that's Sega for you.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/svc-monster-world/achievements/

Also, achievements for the Alex Kidd Collection.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/svc-alex-kidd-and-co/achievements/

So. I guess this is coming out Wednesday still? No? Nobody has said as far as I know.

Interesting, guess we will be getting at least MW4 on PS3...
PS3 is getting three of the four Monster World games, the same three in the 360 collection, although they are split up and sold individually (Japanese price was 600¥ each).

Wii will be the only system that you can have all four games on, since Monster World II has been up there already for years.

Eusis

I wonder if they'll split here too or not, they likely do that in Japan because Xbox releases are universal AND Sony probably doesn't give a shit if Microsoft has a better deal given that they're irrelevant in Japan. Here it could be different, though I actually am kind of hoping for the option to buy them individually OR as a pack similar to 360.

I'm guessing Sega would prefer to release them separately.

That they're combined into a value pack for the 360 probably has to do with Microsoft not wanting any more console/coin-op classic games on XBLA (unless they can exploit brand nostalgia as with The Simpsons arcade). The Sega three packs we've seen pop up were probably some kind of compromise they made with MS. Just my guess, though.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Super Hang-On is hitting the Wii VC this week - it's being released on the other platforms as part of the Alex Kidd collection, so maybe it signifies that that collection is gonna drop before the Monster World collection?

Alternatively, it could signify absolutely nothing.

Super Hang-On is hitting the Wii VC this week - it's being released on the other platforms as part of the Alex Kidd collection, so maybe it signifies that that collection is gonna drop before the Monster World collection?

Alternatively, it could signify absolutely nothing.
Maybe. At the very least it shows that haven't abandoned plans to release the few games from the initial announcement on Virtual Console that weren't already on there.

Top Bottom