• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA World Drivers Championship (Arcade, UE4)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
one pic of the game and a close up of the wheel from this article
tBZoFNG.jpg

9xRJ85E.jpg

Well, it's not a sim. Almost looks like doing a Tuned Car time trial in Outrun 2 but without drifting. Or Trackmania Stadium. Still looks cool.

The cabinet looks dope, too. Love the speedometer and shift lights.

jett

D-Member
Looks good, sense of speed is great. I wonder who's the developer, drifting seems "heavy", more "western"-like.

"I would love to see a car list. Wondering if the Eva or Miku Mercedes are in, or that sweet Gulf Porsche."

Surely Sega can work a deal for the GOODSMILE car, what with making the Hatsune MIku games, though I guess it's more the Mercedes license that they'd need.

"Not really feeling that steering wheel though. GT cars should be driven with a, well, GT Type steering wheel :)"

That is a GT type steering wheel. Many GT race cars are now driven with that kind of wheel shape that you might associate with single seaters.

I was hoping it's a rally game :(. There's never too many rally games.

I used to play Colub Mcrae Rally back in the day by Codemasters. I'm really surprised that SEGA's arcade division is still working on new/classic titles. House of The Dead Scarlett Dawns is in the works as well as SEGA Driver Championship. I wonder if it's powered by the Unreal 4.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m watching on phone, but when I watched that first video, I genuinely could not tell if it was real live footage or videogame lol. Second video looks more gamey. Looks great!

Is that commentary part of the game?

I’m watching on phone, but when I watched that first video, I genuinely could not tell if it was real live footage or videogame lol. Second video looks more gamey. Looks great!

Is that commentary part of the game?

Good point! I believe it is live commentary from within-game similar to VF5. It appears the game will use some networking infrastructure for custom player data, teams and leagues etc.

acm2000

isnt this more of a sega super gt/scud racer/sega touring car championship spiritual successor not sega rally?

Last edited:

JP

I do like the look of this even though it doesn't look as "arcadey" as I would really like it to.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Bump for Eurogamer impressions from TGS2018:

The handling is also a curious mix of real-world inspiration and Sega's arcade staples. This isn't about the big, lazy drifts of OutRun 2 or breaking traction dramatically as in Daytona USA - instead it's an approximation of real Super GT, where you're picking out braking points and apexes, albeit in a much gentler and faster fashion than you'd see in a typical sim. It can feel overly light at first, though it does eventually come together, with the cabinet playing its part. The steering wheel is beautifully weighty with a decent amount of feedback (even if it's hardly got the strength of a direct drive unit), and it's brought to life with details such as the rev lights on the wheel and the bright red LED readout. Tying that together is a ranking system that grades your performance on the fly, marking your overtakes, entry points and exit points all the way up to that coveted S rank. It's classic Sega through and through.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...e-arcade-racing-game-in-the-best-possible-way

Last edited:
Top Bottom