• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SELL: lots of data about the French video-game market in 2014

Alo0oy

Banned
If the difference between France & UK is only 750m, then the difference between Germany & UK has to be less than 500m.

UK isn't that much bigger than the other big European markets.

Anyone has Japan's numbers?

Blimey at the Wii version of Just Dance. You see a similar story in the UK that the game charts only because of that version. I wonder, is the Wii version still the lead platform in development and the rest quick port jobs because it seems like it should be that way given how it is really the biggest SKU.

Where is MK8 and Pokemon?
Sold less than 214,000 in 2014 clearly.

Using the revenue from MK8 and deciding an ASP of €52 (a number I partly pulled out of my ass but I noticed Tonodachi Life was <RRP) I get 199,942.307 units sold for MK8 (don't forget that .307 :p ) so it probably isn't far off the top 10. I'm sure Nintendo France have muttered sales related things in the past.

He's not saying the gap is small, but rather than it is smaller than he thought.

I know, I'm just wondering what figure s/he had in mind then lol. Bad wording on my part.
If the difference between France & UK is only 750m, then the difference between Germany & UK has to be less than 500m.

UK isn't that much bigger than the other big European markets.

I thought Germany is the biggest?

LBP never sells well up front, it sells well over a long period of time, & inFAMOUS was never a big franchise, it has always been in the Killzone/Resistance/Forza/Fable tier selling 2-3 million WW.
inFamous could have taken the next step had they pushed the game further, since Sony was killing it at the time and had the marketing punch behind it. Hype, word of mouth along with reviews would have certainly put it in the Killzone selling category. LBP has good legs I agree, but it could have still sold more had they just focused on the PS4 version and made it as critically acclaimed as LBP1 &:LBP2. Those games sold well over time, but it's not as if they sold poorly on initial release.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Where is MK8 and Pokemon?

Pokemon - 2 separate skus
MK8 #'s would have to include bundles, not included in report, only retail sales.

Edit: Pokemon is included in the combined sku section - 447 136 units

"Nintendo Land" where the Wii U sold the least of all the consoles in 2014

yeah....

liesss that was the Xbox 360!

Alo0oy

Banned
inFamous could have taken the next step had they pushed the game further, since Sony was killing it at the time and had the marketing punch behind it. Hype, word of mouth along with reviews would have certainly put it in the Killzone selling category. LBP has good legs I agree, but it could have still sold more had they just focused on the PS4 version and made it as critically acclaimed as LBP1 &:LBP2. Those games sold well over time, but it's not as if they sold poorly on initial release.

I don't think inFAMOUS could have sold more than 3 million, the audience for superhero games isn't that big, even Arkham City sold only 6 million & that game was released on every possible platform, it probably couldn't have sold better than inFAMOUS had it been exclusive.

You can't just expect every exclusive to perform like Halo/Gears/GT/UC/GoW.

Bydobob

I'm trying to wrap my head around the figure of 49% gamers being female, low percentage of mobile games and FIFA, Call of Duty, GTA 5 and Watch Dogs occupying the top 4 spots. Does not compute, or I must be hanging out with the wrong crowd!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
LTD for all 3:

Si le Sell ne détaille pas les parts de marché, Nintendo a revendiqué auprès de l'AFP la première place pour sa portable 3DS avec 3,4 millions de ventes et la troisième place pour sa WiiU avec 515.000 exemplaires écoulés.

En revanche, c'est Sony qui domine le marché des consoles de salon avec sa Playstation 4 (1,1 million), tandis que la Xbox One de Microsoft ferme la marche (416.000), a déclaré à l'AFP une source interne au secteur.

http://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actualite-high-tech/le-secteur-du-jeu-video-en-france-dynamise-par-les-nouvelles-consoles-10-02-2015-4521999.php#xtref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F

LTD for all 3:

Si le Sell ne détaille pas les parts de marché, Nintendo a revendiqué auprès de l'AFP la première place pour sa portable 3DS avec 3,4 millions de ventes et la troisième place pour sa WiiU avec 515.000 exemplaires écoulés.

En revanche, c'est Sony qui domine le marché des consoles de salon avec sa Playstation 4 (1,1 million), tandis que la Xbox One de Microsoft ferme la marche (416.000), a déclaré à l'AFP une source interne au secteur.

http://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actualite-high-tech/le-secteur-du-jeu-video-en-france-dynamise-par-les-nouvelles-consoles-10-02-2015-4521999.php#xtref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F

what was the 3DS LTD at the end of 2013?

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm trying to wrap my head around the figure of 49% gamers being female, low percentage of mobile games and FIFA, Call of Duty, GTA 5 and Watch Dogs occupying the top 4 spots. Does not compute, or I must be hanging out with the wrong crowd!

Dudebro games occupying the top of the chart does not mean only dudebro games are selling, games like Final Fantasy X HD, Tamodachi Life, The Last of Us, The Walking Dead, Just Dance, Singstar...etc probably have a sizable female demographic.

Oregano

what was the 3DS LTD at the end of 2013?

Not the end of 2013 but it was at 2.9 million last May according to this thread.

So only 500K since then. N3DS being this year instead of before Christmas probably hurt a bit.

EDIT: Considering the portable numbers in the OP, Vita probably only has a sliver of marketshare.

I don't think inFAMOUS could have sold more than 3 million, the audience for superhero games isn't that big, even Arkham City sold only 6 million & that game was released on every possible platform, it probably couldn't have sold better than inFAMOUS had it been exclusive.

You can't just expect every exclusive to perform like Halo/Gears/GT/UC/GoW.
2.5-3 million would put inFamous to Killzone level of sales, and if LBP3 sold a million more than the first it would be at Uncharted level of sales.

Alo0oy

Banned
2.5-3 million would put inFamous to Killzone level of sales, and if LBP3 sold a million more than the first it would be at Uncharted level of sales.

LBP sold 4.5 million in two years, Uncharted 3 sold 6.6 million in 4 months (probably 8-9 million by now), there's no way LBP can be as big as Uncharted, or even close to it.

I think Killzone has the highest potential out of Sony's IPs because its a first person shooter & those sell well, but don't expect inFAMOUS to perform as well as the big hitters, superhero games will never perform as well as shooters.

LBP sold 4.5 million in two years, Uncharted 3 sold 6.6 million in 4 months (probably 8-9 million by now), there's no way LBP can be as big as Uncharted, or even close to it.

I think Killzone has the highest potential out of Sony's IPs because its a first person shooter & those sell well, but don't expect inFAMOUS to perform as well as the big hitters, superhero games will never perform as well as shooters.
lol at U3 being 8-9 million. Where are those figures, and the 6.6m is shipped. At most, it hit the 7 million mark. LBP1 has roughly 5.5m units sold, it already sold more than U1 and is a million shy of U2.

anderedna

Wow Bamco did good there. Just below Sony and way higher than other Japanese publisher(excluding Nintendo). Did Xillia2 and SAO:HF did great there?

Oh yeah, DS II of course.

PES 2015 Où es-tu ? :(

Incredible how PES fell last generation, some of my friends were fighting over who would be the first to get the new PES until PES 2010 when everyone shift to FIFA at basically the same time.

Wow Bamco did good there. Just below Sony and way higher than other Japanese publisher(excluding Nintendo). Did Xillia2 and SAO:HF did great there?

Oh yeah, DS II of course.

Those and Naruto Storm Revolution most likely.

Road

LTD for all 3:

Vita LTD: 446.000

http://www.latribune.fr/technos-med...un-marche-francais-tire-par-les-consoles.html

Top Bottom