• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2' - Senua's Pychosis

No idea what that is :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
It's a smaller game but looks cool. I just meant they probably purposefully put a multiplayer title on a few days after a big game that will get people to sub.
It's a 33 person co-op roguelike from the makers of Spiritfarer, Jotun, Sundered. Has a hand drawn animation look.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
"Her mental health journey".......I just can't with this game,I'm sorry,what a load of absolute bollocks.These devs are taking the piss with this game,we all know there will be fuck all gameplay in it,do they really think they are providing some esssential service here in the name of mental health care.But hey,it's Microsoft's money they are wasting not mine,lol.
Seriously, I’d rather play as Bill and Lance and witness their truths in their “slaughtering an entire alien army by themselves journey”

GymWolf

It's a smaller game but looks cool. I just meant they probably purposefully put a multiplayer title on a few days after a big game that will get people to sub.
It's a 33 person co-op roguelike from the makers of Spiritfarer, Jotun, Sundered. Has a hand drawn animation look.
I'm gonna check it out, thanks.

GHG

Gold Member
Bruh, you're getting shit on for poor marketing and you release a 20 minute video of dev commentary.

Again.

Looks well worth it to me.

id buy that for a dollar GIF

I'm gonna check it out, thanks.

Epic exclusive.

puke GIF

Last edited:

Crayon

I know everyone knows I dislike PS this gen, but honestly they didn't show a ton. Most trailers were quick cuts with barely more than 3 seconds consecutively showing the finishers. And then the dev talk videos. Maybe I forgot some, but yeah it wasn't that much different. They did have that dance video though, and I don't see Senua pulling that off. But you never know with psychosis.

They did a ~9-minuteuninterrupted gameplay spot shortly before the marketing really ramped up. That's what actually piqued my interest in the game and got me following it closely. In fact that got me to try Nikke to see what these guys are about, and I never play mobile games.

They did a ~9-minuteuninterrupted gameplay spot shortly before the marketing really ramped up. That's what actually piqued my interest in the game and got me following it closely. In fact that got me to try Nikke to see what these guys are about, and I never play mobile games.
I honestly never saw that one. I was looking for something like that as well.

Crayon

I honestly never saw that one. I was looking for something like that as well.

They did a front to back fight with the optional boss on the demo. It left me with lots of questions about the combat, a mix of optimism and skepticism, but that's what made me glued to the game's progress... the gameplay and composition was left a bit of a mystery. So it's not like the video made everything crystal clear.

I still think they *oopsy* let the demo go up for a couple hours on purpose. 🤣 I like a good conspiracy.

Calverz

Gold Member
Graphics looks way better than first game. I didn’t think they were much better but seeing scenes from first game in this video next to sequel, really hammers it home.

kyussman

Did you play the first one? It was definitely an experience worth some praise, lots of people had it on their GOTY lists that year and it was nominated and won several TGA awards, gameplay was so-so and repetitive but as a complete package with the story and visuals and audio it was worthy the talk.
I didn't play the first,I watched part of a playthrough and I thought the gameplay was bad,the games are not to my taste at all......I am over these types of games,no time for them.

I didn't play the first,I watched part of a playthrough and I thought the gameplay was bad,the games are not to my taste at all......I am over these types of games,no time for them.
FYI, been on sale for $5 multiple times. Updated with raytracing and improved resolution, framerate. If you are ever interested.

I 100% complete the original and thought it was a very mediocre game back then. The sequel looks like it is the exact same experience, just graphically more impressive.

If this was a 10 dollar game, I could maybe see the justifications for it. Not so much for a "AAA" release.
Thats a different thing.

Its not a walking sim. You will get stuck on puzzles and bosses. Not how I describe a walking sim.

Kssio_Aug

I think it's gonna be a great game, and I'm looking forward to it.

But I agree the marketing is severely lacking.

That being said, I hope that if the game doesn't reach the desired financial goals, they don't blame it on the devs like they did with Tango.

If they want a game to have success, and they believe in their IPs, they need to start giving them proper marketing.

clarky

Gold Member
That being said, I hope that if the game doesn't reach the desired financial goals, they don't blame it on the devs like they did with Tango.

If they want a game to have success, and they believe in their IPs, they need to start giving them proper marketing.
Not even MS know what the metric for success anymore. If i was NT I'd be very worried around about now.

No way this sells anything at all on PC or Xbox.

At best the decent talent will be looking to jump while they have the chance.

Literally no one said that when the original released on the PS4. It was almost universally praised.
I thought it was trash on ps4 for that exact reason…and also because the puzzles were garbage and the fact that it sounded like my ps4 was going to explode when I played it.

I mean, literal leading professors in the field from one of the most prestigious universities in the world literally said they were providing a service to help visualize some of these mental states and what their patients could be experiencing while they were consulting on the 1st game. It's a documentary in the 1st game on the main menu. Ninja Theory is pretty humble about it and were mostly following the suggestions of experts and actual patients, who reviewed early and final builds multiple times.
Stop…anyone from a “prestigious university” who actually knows shit would tell you they could not begin to understand what someone diagnosed with schizophrenia is and does experience. Every one of them is different, and what they experience is unique from one another. Why do you continue to feel the need to do everything in your power to back up every fumble MS makes? Leave it alone, it’s not worth it, and it’s probably gonna get your perma’d at some point (I know you have been walking the fine line). MS is clearly trying to capitalize on sensationalizing schizophrenia, and they are shitting the bed. Anyone who actually works in the field can tell you that. Want to sit down and talk about it for real, I can make time? But I don’t anticipate you actually caring about breaking it down outside of trying to co-sign some MS filth.

Stop…anyone from a “prestigious university” who actually knows shit would tell you they could not begin to understand what someone diagnosed with schizophrenia is and does experience. Every one of them is different, and what they experience is unique from one another. Why do you continue to feel the need to do everything in your power to back up every fumble MS makes? Leave it alone, it’s not worth it, and it’s probably gonna get your perma’d at some point (I know you have been walking the fine line). MS is clearly trying to capitalize on sensationalizing schizophrenia, and they are shitting the bed. Anyone who actually works in the field can tell you that. Want to sit down and talk about it for real, I can make time? But I don’t anticipate you actually caring about breaking it down outside of trying to co-sign some MS filth.
And blocked.

Beautiful looking game, to take this much time and effort into the medical science behind Pychosis is commendable.

Who'd have thought that Xbox would be the first ones to release a true next-gen looking game of this generation, day 1 Gamepass.

This is satire, right ?

Please tell me it's satire

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Before you play, make sure to have a pot of coffee beside you.

You want to make sure you're awake when the mandatory cutscenes finally end, so you can go back to exploring linear brown cave paths.

And blocked.
Sucks for us both..because I used to like your posts…but I don’t play the console war game… and it’s been that 110% from you for the last several months…Take care!

And it sucks that you are willing to block someone for legitimately saying something true, and you just getting upset about it.

Last edited:
Sucks for us both..because I used to like your posts…but I don’t play the console war game… and it’s been that 110% from you for the last several months…Take care!

And it sucks that you are willing to block someone for legitimately saying something true, and you just getting upset about it.
I toggle off ignore sometimes if bored but mostly leave it on. I'm just talking about games. I dont need to read stupid personal attacks. I used to argue back against it but I get banned everytime. Just better to ignore it since I'm never allowed to fully argue back against insults. I dont need to read that, sorry. I didnt mention MS at all. I'm talking about a documentary for Hellblade 1, which was a timed PS exclusive for a while. I'm just done engaging with dumb shit like this. Think whatever you want about me because I dont care.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I toggle off ignore sometimes if bored but mostly leave it on. I'm just talking about games. I dont need to read stupid personal attacks. I used to argue back against it but I get banned everytime. Just better to ignore it since I'm never allowed to fully argue back against insults. I dont need to read that, sorry. I didnt mention MS at all. I'm talking about a documentary for Hellblade 1, which was a timed PS exclusive for a while. I'm just done engaging with dumb shit like this. Think whatever you want about me because I dont care.
Sure Jan GIF

Fredrik

You should still try it if you find it cheap some day, it’s not the same watching a playthrough. The audio work is a big deal, was amazing tbh, with headphones it was like having voices in your head, with regular surround it was like having the room full of invisible people. The acting is intimate and raw and facial animations are spot on and it’s just very very good. I’ve played it in VR too, it’s still third person so the headset is the now free moving behind her camera, good stuff.
But as you say the gameplay is the weak point. Seems better in the sequel, I have high hopes it’s going to be a memorable experience going through it.

"Her mental health journey".......I just can't with this game,I'm sorry,what a load of absolute bollocks.These devs are taking the piss with this game,we all know there will be fuck all gameplay in it,do they really think they are providing some esssential service here in the name of mental health care.But hey,it's Microsoft's money they are wasting not mine,lol.
when it comes to exploring controversial &/or sensitive subjects, there's subtlety, & there's hitting you over the head with a sledgehammer. ninja theory seems to favor the latter approach. personally, it just don't work for me. it comes across as being manipulative, rather than enlightening...

kyussman

You should still try it if you find it cheap some day, it’s not the same watching a playthrough. The audio work is a big deal, was amazing tbh, with headphones it was like having voices in your head, with regular surround it was like having the room full of invisible people. The acting is intimate and raw and facial animations are spot on and it’s just very very good. I’ve played it in VR too, it’s still third person so the headset is the now free moving behind her camera, good stuff.
But as you say the gameplay is the weak point. Seems better in the sequel, I have high hopes it’s going to be a memorable experience going through it.
I mean,it sounds like a I've got mental health issues simulator......not for me my friend.

Top Bottom