• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

SFvk9d5.png

SEPTEMBER WRASSLIN' |OT| ALMOST BRINGS A TEAR TO MY EYE
Welcome back to another month of pro wrasslin! Somehow we're still here. So what's new this month in the greatest sport in the world?

WWE
2.gif

6.gif

5.gif

KING BORK has honored us with his blessed reign, and the WWE landscape has been better for it. In fact, maybe a little TOO much, since everything else that doesn't have Bork has been a little meh. Now, as we march on to Night of Champions, Bork will defend his title against future movie star John Cena, in a match that will have many at WrassleGaf watching with baited breath.
tumblr_nawa2bLAYS1qcluu2o2_250.gif

TNA
tna-logo-2013-620x250.png

The saga of whether TNA is or isn't cancelled is a more compelling storyline than any TNA has ever done. But hey, Bubba left so there's that

NJPW
show_news_icon.php

Coming off an amazing G1 Climax, New Japan marches on with "Road to Destruction" and "Destruction," coming our way at the end of September.

Lots of potentially interesting stuff coming our way. Hopefully nothing shits the bed

There's a Dragon Gate iPPV this month as well, on 9/9;

9/9/2014 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall - USTREAM

http://www.ustream.tv/dragonGate $14.99

0. K-ness, Super Shisa vs. Yosuke♡Santa Maria, Yuga Hayashi
1. Uhaa Nation, Shachihoko BOY vs. Jimmy Kagetora, "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
2. Punch Tominaga vs. Don Fujii
3. Summer Adventure Tag League - B Block: T-Hawk, Eita vs. CIMA, Gamma
4. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Kzy
5. BxB Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid vs. Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi
6. Jimmyz vs. MAD BLANKEY Loser Revives Survival Instant Comeback Captain's Fall Elimination Match: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu
*Captains will be decided at bell time

No idea what the hell that main event's about, should be fun though. And that trios tag looks awesome. Punch vs Fuji should be interesting, great gimmick for Tominaga.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
question about G1 because I have the memory of a slug, what match was Nakamura posing and got kicked in the face for his troubles?

The reason brings was capitalized was because originally it was just going to be "Brings a tear to my eye" but I forgot that's not the full quote. In my ignorance I left it capitalized.

Alucard

Banned
So, in the August thread I learned that four or five other WrassleGAFfers also listen to Amon Amarth. I'm going to take a shot in the dark here...

Anyone else listen to Wintersun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZB6JVllJSg

They're really fucking epic and badass. They make you feel like climbing a mountain in the middle of a snowstorm.

Carnby

5.gif

I just realized this guy is actually claping. But the WWE keeps using for for "people who were saddened by the slaughtering for John Cena."

strobogo

Banned
I initially thought that was Damien Sandow playing the part of "Fan", but now I see that Alex Shelley has fallen on hard times, daddy.

Showaddy

5.gif

I just realized this guy is actually claping. But the WWE keeps using for for "people who were saddened by the slaughtering for John Cena."

They really were scraping the barrel to find anyone that was genuinely upset. Tried to replicate the Taker moment and just gave up focusing on the crowd after like 5 seconds.

zychi

Banned
So, in the August thread I learned that four or five other WrassleGAFfers also listen to Amon Amarth. I'm going to take a shot in the dark here...

Anyone else listen to Wintersun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZB6JVllJSg

They're really fucking epic and badass. They make you feel like climbing a mountain in the middle of a snowstorm.

I dig that video you posted. Gonna check more out. I'm always up for new music to add to my collection.

Carnby

Sequel to the original or to the remake? I remember seeing the original at around 12 and being very, very disturbed at what sure seemed like a 45 minute rape scene. I never finished the movie.

Yup, although it has nothing to due with part 1. And yes, the rape and torture is infuriating to watch. But the revenge is glorious.

It's not for every one. I'm really into the sick and twisted horror movies that make me squirm in my seat.

Devil's Rejects, Hills have Eyes remake, High Tension, Martyrs, Hostel, Last House on the Left original are examples of my favorites.

Top Bottom