• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

I am also couch crashing my friend. I'll ask and see if someone from are party would be cool having an extra dude for a couple days though.

I also love megabus. Got a ticket from Cleveland to Chicago round trip for $5.
Krae message me. It'll probably be ok. I'm the other part of this setup.

eldoon

A long time since i seen someone brandish a knife in pro wrestling
Also It looks like it will be sting and someone at bfg
Will be hilarious when all 3 of them turn on sting.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think there is anyone that can be behind A8 and have it not be a disappointment. If it has anything to do with a Hogan, Bischoff, or Jarrett, everyone will groan hard. If it's just Luke Gallows and Mike Knox, well who gives a shit. There aren't any big stars to be behind it anymore. There is Austin, Goldberg, and Batista that are left as big names. None of them are going to TNA, ever.

They have to have an unknown dude that they are ready to make a real star. It can't be on old WWE/WCW/ECW guy.

BlazinAm

WCW was the greatest wrestling organization of all time.

If your into 5-10 minute matches with top talent, same talent that had outrageous booking control to make themselves champion... then sure.

1990-1995 WCW was actually pretty good.

There were bright spots but NWO really soured the last 5 years of that company. Not to mention lack of development of the mid card from 97-01.

VerTiGo

Banned
Dude, that was Bischoff. Hate to say it but I think it is and I don't mind since it would actually make sense.

Great show tonight. I really enjoyed it even in its most corniest moments.

If your into 5-10 minute matches with top talent, same talent that had outrageous booking control to make themselves champion... then sure.

There were bright spots but NWO really soured the last 5 years of that company. Not to mention lack of development of the mid card from 97-01.
Don't come in here and ruin my great memories dammit! You're tarnishing the legacy that I've made up completely in my mind for WCW. All those bad WCW memories are returning!

No! Not the New Blood! No! Nooooooooooooooooooo!

This will probably get buried in the Impact posts, but I have something to add to weird WrassleDream GAF.

My special guests? Chris and Nancy Benoit. At a party, at my mom's house, that my cousin and I were throwing. We were in the middle of making hamburgers and some of my cousin's friends come over. Then the Benoits stroll in. In this universe, Chris didn't kill Nancy and himself, but was charged with murders, but had an OJ level court case and got off. Also, Nancy is pregnant.

The first thing Nancy said when she came in the door (this was Woman era Nancy, but murder era Benoit) was "Kill me 40 minutes dead tomorrow", which none of us understood, but was some weird euphemism for "This day sucks". We found this out by doing Macho Man impressions asking her what the hell that meant. Someone accidentally brought up a movie about a murder and everyone just froze. Super awkward. Then Nancy talks about a movie that specifically mentioned child murder on accident and runs off saying she didn't mean to say that. The previously completely silent Chris Benoit says "Oh my god" like a teenage girl/guy from Troll 2 and follows her to the back yard to console her. We all stood again frozen in even more awkwardness. It was bizarre.

That is easily the weirdest realistic dream I've ever heard of. I can't imagine what your mind was trying to sort out when it came up with that.

strobogo

Banned
That is easily the weirdest realistic dream I've ever heard of. I can't imagine what your mind was trying to sort out when it came up with that.

Most of my dreams are that weirdly realistic. My sister and I have the weirdest, most vivid dreams. I regularly have semi-lucid dreams, dreams that reference dreams I had earlier in the night, sleep paralysis, false awakenings, hardcore insomnia. This one was only weird because it had wrestlers in it. That's a highly normal one for me.

I had one a few months ago set in a dingy, abandoned movie theater. In this theater, there was a movie being shown. Some underground, illegal thing, being shown illegally and all. At the entrance into the theater, there are two dudes going at it hardcore. The pitcher posts up for leverage and when he pulls out, there is some weird pink thing dangling from his dong. He's all "wtf is this?" and then it turns into a pink alligator. Then the cops burst in to break up whatever was being shown illegally. I laid out in the seats and sneaked out the back. I don't know what happened to the pink alligator.

Kaladin

Who else could it be behind Aces & Eights?

Jeff Jarrett?
Dixie Carter?
Hulk Hogan?

Bishoff is obviously the main choice though.....he's the one of the greatest evil villain manager types in wrestling IMO.

bangai-o

Banned
who here is the wresslegaf doctor? I had got in a particular encounter and my ribs are hurting quite a bit. mostly when I breathe in heavy like a yawn or sneeze and some physical activity I cant do too well. so how do i know if my ribs are broken, fractured, or maybe just bruised?

tumblr_m91f1msChm1rqoq0po1_500.jpg

who here is the wresslegaf doctor? I had got in a particular encounter and my ribs are hurting quite a bit. mostly when I breathe in heavy like a yawn or sneeze and some physical activity I cant do too well. so how do i know if my ribs are broken, fractured, or maybe just bruised?

tumblr_m91f1msChm1rqoq0po1_500.jpg

PM RBH he is doctor

Kaladin

PM RBH he is doctor

He just needs to wrestle jobbers and cut promos for a few weeks before his big match so he can heel up. He'll still work the match like he's injured though because he'll take his opponent's finisher on the go home show. That finisher coincidentally works the ribs hard. It's ok though, he'll still win that match.

bangai-o

Banned
He just needs to wrestle jobbers and cut promos for a few weeks before his big match so he can heel up. He'll still work the match like he's injured though because he'll take his opponent's finisher on the go home show. That finisher coincidentally works the ribs hard. It's ok though, he'll still win that match.

CgDZe.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Miz is on some shitty Disney show.
Because he's the Miz, and little girls who watch the Disney channel are the only ones who like him.

Most of my dreams are that weirdly realistic. My sister and I have the weirdest, most vivid dreams. I regularly have semi-lucid dreams, dreams that reference dreams I had earlier in the night, sleep paralysis, false awakenings, hardcore insomnia. This one was only weird because it had wrestlers in it. That's a highly normal one for me.

I had one a few months ago set in a dingy, abandoned movie theater. In this theater, there was a movie being shown. Some underground, illegal thing, being shown illegally and all. At the entrance into the theater, there are two dudes going at it hardcore. The pitcher posts up for leverage and when he pulls out, there is some weird pink thing dangling from his dong. He's all "wtf is this?" and then it turns into a pink alligator. Then the cops burst in to break up whatever was being shown illegally. I laid out in the seats and sneaked out the back. I don't know what happened to the pink alligator.

That's fascinating. I mean, the insomnia and paralysis sounds terrible, but the other stuff you mentioned is just wild. Lucid dreaming is such interesting stuff.

But now I can't stop thinking about the pink alligator. Where would such a thing even go? Would "Pink Alligator" be as good of a band name as "Tripmaster Monkey"? This might actually keep me up for a while.

Who else could it be behind Aces & Eights?

Jeff Jarrett?
Dixie Carter?
Hulk Hogan?

Bishoff is obviously the main choice though.....he's the one of the greatest evil villain manager types in wrestling IMO.

Aw man, and some Gaffers called it from the last OT, too. My 7th worst fear for this angle has been realized. Oh well, at least it would make sense for Bishoff to run a biker gang, and for him to find a way to worm his way back into TNA. As silly as Aces and Eights can get, I enjoy the idea of a faceless society running amock behind the scenes. + ninjas.

Jason Hervey.

Hervey comes out in his first wrestling appearance and cuts a promo about how Gut Check is nothing more than a cheap ripoff of TNA Reaction.

Actually, I don't want to make any ludicrous fantasy booking right now, I just want someone to say that on the show.

strobogo

Banned
That's fascinating. I mean, the insomnia and paralysis sounds terrible, but the other stuff you mentioned is just wild. Lucid dreaming is such interesting stuff.

But now I can't stop thinking about the pink alligator. Where would such a thing even go? Would "Pink Alligator" be as good of a band name as "Tripmaster Monkey"? This might actually keep me up for a while.

I've only had one full on lucid dream where I could control what was going on. It was set like a 30s gangster movie. I tried to fly, of course. Didn't really work. I got a little bit in the air and lost control and then woke up shortly after. But I regularly (as in, just about every night) have dreams that I'm aware they are dreams, but can't really do anything in them. They just switch back and forth between 3rd and 1st person and I sit around thinking, "this is a really weird dream" before waking up and thinking "that was a really weird dream".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I wouldn't go that far at all - even in 97, 98 you had PPV matches with undercard talent and midcard, Alex Wright vs another great worker, given 15-20 minutes and more. Fantastic matches in WCW, they really gave them a lot of time to talk in the ring. Outside, well...that's all nWo.

BadAss2961

So wait, the nWo was a bad thing now? Yeah, it ultimately became a monster that would kill WCW, but from '96 to about early '98 they were the greatest thing on television. Still tons of talent with killer matches going on outside that storyline too.
I haven't watched TNA in weeks or WWE really
TNA's been boring for awhile. This Aces and Eight's story is a flop unless the reveal is amazing somehow, which is really doubtful... Roode & Storm feud doesn't have the same spark it did from several months back... Hardy & Aries is a pretty big time matchup for BFG this year, but there's no compelling story behind it thus far.

I was actually really into TNA back when Jeff was heel, and all the way up to BFG last year.

And WWE... Well, it's been a bit easier to watch once I stopped considering it wrestling. lol

Hah, the girl that maced Hogan & Sting backstage was Leva Bates;

ixfDquzZj7Txu.jpg

She had a try-out match with TNA a few months back, good to see her make it to TV.

Also, the Dragon Gate USA shows for November have been set, and it's an iPPV triple-shot;

November 2nd - 8pm Belltime
Everett Rec Center
47 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149

November 3rd - 8pm Belltime
Flyers Skate Zone
601 Laurel Oak Rd.
Voorhees, NJ 08043

November 4th - 8pm Belltime
NYWC Sportatorium
435-13 Brook Ave.
Deer Park, NY 11729

Talent announced so far; Open the Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano, Open the United Gate Champions CIMA & AR Fox, Mad Blankey leader Akira Tozawa and the US return of Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito!

YES! The October 8th New Japan show will be available WORLDWIDE as an iPPV via U-Stream!

http://www.njpw.co.jp/news/detail.php?nid=8240

You will be able to pre-order the iPPV at the following URL on October 1st for just $25;

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972

And here is the line-up;

NJPW "NJPW 40TH ANNIVERSARY ~ KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 2012.10.08
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Manabu Nakanishi Return Match: Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
2. IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov (c) vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
3. IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Low Ki
4. IWGP Tag Team Title: Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
5. Tetsuya Naito vs. Yujiro Takahashi
6. Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata
7. IWGP Heavyweight Title #1 Contendership in Tokyo Dome: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Karl Anderson
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

The show will kick off at 5PM JST on October 8th - which is 10AM CET for the Euros, 9AM GMT for UK folk, 4AM EST for the East Coasters and 2AM PST for the West Coast.

This will probably get buried in the Impact posts, but I have something to add to weird WrassleDream GAF.

My special guests? Chris and Nancy Benoit. At a party, at my mom's house, that my cousin and I were throwing. We were in the middle of making hamburgers and some of my cousin's friends come over. Then the Benoits stroll in. In this universe, Chris didn't kill Nancy and himself, but was charged with murders, but had an OJ level court case and got off. Also, Nancy is pregnant.

The first thing Nancy said when she came in the door (this was Woman era Nancy, but murder era Benoit) was "Kill me 40 minutes dead tomorrow", which none of us understood, but was some weird euphemism for "This day sucks". We found this out by doing Macho Man impressions asking her what the hell that meant. Someone accidentally brought up a movie about a murder and everyone just froze. Super awkward. Then Nancy talks about a movie that specifically mentioned child murder on accident and runs off saying she didn't mean to say that. The previously completely silent Chris Benoit says "Oh my god" like a teenage girl/guy from Troll 2 and follows her to the back yard to console her. We all stood again frozen in even more awkwardness. It was bizarre.
Well that's certainly an interesting one to add to the Wrasslegaf collection.

NawidA

Banned
I haven't been really watching TNA but how about this resolution to Aces and 8s?:
It turns out they are all copycats (think when Mickie James was pretending to be Trish). They wanted to beat the shit out of everyone to replace them.

strobogo

Banned
I haven't been really watching TNA but how about this resolution to Aces and 8s?:
It turns out they are all copycats (think when Mickie James was pretending to be Trish). They wanted to beat the shit out of everyone to replace them.

Playing MGS makes me think there should be more clones in pro wrestling, so I agree. We need more mirror matches. And they should all stay in their A8 gear and masks and have a spot where they either both go to the back brawling, or both have a reason to go under the ring. That way, the crowd will have no idea which one is the good clone and which is the bad clone. The loser clone is banished, but we'll never know for sure if the winner was the good or bad one. Regardless, they will turn on Sting.

Forkball

TNA is about two years away from lasting just as long as WCW. It's also ironic that WCW was getting about the ratings of Raw does now when it was cancelled.

TNA is about two years away from lasting just as long as WCW. It's also ironic that WCW was getting about the ratings of Raw does now when it was cancelled.

The amount of revenue that the WWE brings in combined in sponsorships, Ads, TV Deals, T-shirts, Toys, and Other Merch has to be double to quadruple what they were making before. Thanks to PG they are friendlier with other companies in all those areas. They wont die anytime soon.

thefro

Raw's ratings are more impressive in 2012 with ratings of everything down across the board.

Also WCW had a ton of people making a ridiclous amount of money on the payroll and didn't have nearly the international revenue streams that TNA & WWE do now.

Top Bottom