• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Just an FYI, the Indie Spotlight in the October OP spoils the winner of King of Trios & the Young Lions Cup.....kind of have to to plug the main events for the month's Chikara shows.

I think I'm going to instate a rule that all DVD/MP4 releases must be spoiler tagged for two weeks after they ship or are made available for download. That's reasonable enough for anyone who wants to watch them.

Thanks for the heads up. Will watch this weekend.

Random CZW idiocy of the day;

ibuo39L9EHzhGC.gif

lololololol, seriously, just awful

Easily, the best moment of the Attitude Era is Mark Henry's sex therapist sessions, where he admits to having sex with his sister when he was 8 years old and she was 7. Then he gets up and starts hitting on the female therapist.

Totally forgot about that one haha.

One of my fav moments is the seeing Goldust come back to beat up Val Venis. Man, the crowd popped huge for that one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Aiii

So not worth it
how come everyone is able to lift the steel steps so easily but Cena sells it like its a ton?
Because Cena doesn't ever watch the show I guess. To busy kissing ass, fucking divas or lifting weights I guess.

Now that we know Punk is doing AJ, who is Cena screwing? I'm thinking Eve or Kaitlyn.

Ultratech

how come everyone is able to lift the steel steps so easily but Cena sells it like its a ton?

The same logic that allows him to survive and no-sell several finishers in a row, getting DDT'd on concrete, and other various things.

(Though apparently, a bottle of water or belt to the head will put him out quite nicely... LOGIC: HOW DOES IT WORK?)

what does CZW call that move?

Death Wish.

The dude in black just looks like a ragdoll during the whole thing. Ouch.

jmdajr

Because Cena doesn't ever watch the show I guess. To busy kissing ass, fucking divas or lifting weights I guess.

Now that we know Punk is doing AJ, who is Cena screwing? I'm thinking Eve or Kaitlyn.

Well he already sucked face with Eve.

jmdajr

The same logic that allows him to survive and no-sell several finishers in a row, getting DDT'd on concrete, and other various things.

(Though apparently, a bottle of water or belt to the head will put him out quite nicely... LOGIC: HOW DOES IT WORK?)

Yeah but R-Truth did that. VERY DIFFERENT!

Speaking of Attitude Era:

What is your favorite WWE segment from the Attitude Era, and why did you like it so much?
These might count as the era directly afterward, but:

Kurt Angle's entire run from beginning to end. He may have seriously never had a bad match, promo, or skit, considering the contexts of all of them.

I loved when Benoit was champ and he walked into the ring and got right in his opponent's face while holding the belt up over his head. Punk's doing this now in a humorous, heel way, but Benoit did it with the confidence and arrogance of a champ. I like it when they act like shit matters.

HHH/Austin vs Benoit/Jericho

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These might count as the era directly afterward, but:

Kurt Angle's entire run from beginning to end. He may have seriously never had a bad match, promo, or skit, considering the contexts of all of them.

I loved when Benoit was champ and he walked into the ring and got right in his opponent's face while holding the belt up over his head. Punk's doing this now in a humorous, heel way, but Benoit did it with the confidence and arrogance of a champ. I like it when they act like shit matters.

HHH/Austin vs Benoit/Jericho

There's a lot of leeway with what the Attitude Era actually IS - I do remember the Benoit intensity, that was some good shit. And Angle sure was an iron man in and out of the ring.

The only thing Kurt Angle did in WWE that made me shake my head was when they had him feuding with Booker T because he wanted to have "crazy, jungle sex" with Sharmell. Wasn't his fault however.

- DDP giving Savage the Diamond Cutter while wrestling as La Parka
- Malenko beating Jericho for the Cruiserweight title after "winning" the battle royale at SuperBrawl
- Foley winning the title
- Goldberg winning the title
- DDP/Raven feud
- Henning PerfectPlex on Giant
- Austin beating Michaels for the title at WM
- Formation of the nWo at Bash at the Beach
- Heel Bret Hart and Team Canada
- Taz debut vs Angle

I can go on and on....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shane vs Kurt was amazing.

Amazing and unbelievably stupid on Shane's part. WHY NOT USE GIMMICKED GLASS, SHANE?! WHY NOT?!

No doubt he had the respect of the locker room but god damn man. Shit ain't worth it. Let Orton poop in your bag.

Random CZW idiocy of the day;

ibuo39L9EHzhGC.gif

There's no fucking reason for doing this for the 75 half-bred morons in the audience. What the shit are they thinking?

The only thing Kurt Angle did in WWE that made me shake my head was when they had him feuding with Booker T because he wanted to have "crazy, jungle sex" with Sharmell. Wasn't his fault however.

It was "bestiality sex" actually... yeah...

Aiii

So not worth it
There aren't many models left now are there? Alicia comes to mind. And Layla, but she's actually works on her ring work it seems, so she's an exception.

This is good if they're serious about rebuilding the division.

There aren't many models left now are there? Alicia comes to mind. And Layla, but she's actually works on her ring work it seems, so she's an exception.

This is good if they're serious about rebuilding the division.

I love Kayla more than most, but she's a model as well. Fitness model, but still. There's also Eve and Rosa Mendez. Strangely enough they refuse to do anything with the most athletic person they have in that division, Naomi.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love Kayla more than most, but she's a model as well. Fitness model, but still. There's also Eve and Rosa Mendez. Strangely enough they refuse to do anything with the most athletic person they have in that division, Naomi.

I prefer my divas Flexible.

But yeah they need to seriously build around their actual talent. I'm thinking Natalya, Naomi, AJ (#LetHerWrestle) and Layla. Those four should be a great start. They can add Paige somewhere after Wrestlemania next year and that should be well enough to keep things interesting.

That is, provided those five can do some acting. Layla is doubtful, Natalya should be fine though. Not to sure about Naomi, but Paige seems to be doing well on NXT, although she hasn't had mic work there yet. She's over as fuck though.

Vickie could be the mouthpiece for one of the girls I guess.

And then there's Del Rey, really looking forward to seeing what they'll do with her.

Alicia Fox does a couple of things very well, is super flexible, and has a better bridge than Daniel bryan. But I'm worried that she's going to fuck up and break someone's neck one of these days.

She will train them all well and you will never see her.

I'd be okay with that. If she never makes it to the big stage that would be really really unfortunate, but earning a steady paycheck as a wrestler isn't something that I think she'd turn her nose up at.

Kaladin

A sneak preview of the October OP:

see a few posts down.

I will get better at this as time goes on. This is the first time I have ever used Microsoft Publisher.....ever.

Top Bottom