• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Izick

I feel like I could shop something funny onto this one but I don't have any ideas.

KPqS6.jpg

Izick

So how do you all feel about WWE 13'? I know the graphics look like shit, but I feel like they're going to reel me in with the Attitude Era stuff. How did 12' play? I haven't played these games since SvR 08' I think, which was terrible, except as a dumb game with friends.

I feel like I could shop something funny onto this one but I don't have any ideas.

Why did I do this? behold my shoddy attempt!
And yes to meet the rules and regulations of Gaf itself I did have to bleep out his own chosen words for Cena, i've been PG'd.

So how do you all feel about WWE 13'? I know the graphics look like shit, but I feel like they're going to reel me in with the Attitude Era stuff. How did 12' play? I haven't played these games since SvR 08' I think, which was terrible, except as a dumb game with friends.
It's all going to be pretty sub par, alas I to am almost tempted, not only by AE stuff but also because after skipping last years I just really want another wrestling game.
SvR08 is the worst of the lot so rest assured that this will likely be better than that turd, more recent games are better but still very flawed with gameplay still trapped between the push towards being a realistic sim and its arcade roots from the age old engine.

I really want to rent it, i think playing with all the old characters can make up for the inferior fighting engine. I hope it has a good soundtrack.

It's gonna be junk just like the rest of em are. People will try to defend it as "not so bad" in the beginning, but then the complaints will pour in like they always do, then previews for WWE 14 will come out and the cycle restarts. Don't believe the hype. I did last year and got burned. Fool me once, etc., etc.

As for the Attitude Era, I'm not getting pulled in by it. I'm tired of nostalgia being the only draw for this product. Get the Attitude Era out of my face and let me see gameplay that looks as good as the decade old games everyone still holds as the pinnacle.

The gimmick should be attitude era gameplay, includes the gameplay of games from the attitude era itself.
Well just not Warzone or Attitude.

Kyoufu

I'm passing on it. I don't like any of the Yukes WWE games and I've got other games that are begging for my attention this year.

Aiii

So not worth it

Wasn't gonna buy it. Then they announced AJ and now I'll have to.

Jamie OD

The first couple of days will be fun. Then its faults will get quickly annoying. Following that the game will become infiriating by the end of week 2.

I don't care about the Attitude Era and even then THQ will find a way to sour that gimmick.
At this point I only want to play the games for the fan created content and as long ad I can get access to it, I'll be happy. Unfortunately judging from last year's game that is easier said than done.

How many Triple Hs are there?

Enough to enter King of Trios.

If his posts from the other thread are any indication, I think Net_Wrecker actually likes Bootaaay's deathmatch wrestling videos.

Yo, I like what Rockstar was trying to do with Manhunt, sue me. It's more about the tone than the actual violence. At a time when they were known as THE controversial studio, they took their reputation and tried to do something special with it. And I owned up to how my initial post made me look. I'm self aware. I ain't crazy. I ain't Bootaaay, either. Those are just polygons and textures getting hurt in Manhunt.

I ain't afraid of Net_Wrecker, not one bit

I may be a kung pao bitch but he's Miami fried chickenshit

Your constant sniping of my character says more than I ever could. I'm comfortable being myself in FRONT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE, BEAN. YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU HAVEN'T FOUND YOURSELF YET. YOU NEED ONE MORE MOMENT.

Yo, I like what Rockstar was trying to do with Manhunt, sue me. It's more about the tone than the actual violence for me. At a time when they were known as THE controversial studio, they took their reputation and tried to do something special with it. And I owned up to how my initial post made me look. I'm self aware. I ain't crazy. I ain't Bootaaay, either. Those are just polygons and textures getting hurt in Manhunt.

But you like seeing them get hurt. It entertains you. And in admitting that, you've become what you loathe the most. You're showing signs of becoming a Kane Fan.™ SoulPlaya was right about you.

Yo, I like what Rockstar was trying to do with Manhunt, sue me. It's more about the tone than the actual violence for me. At a time when they were known as THE controversial studio, they took their reputation and tried to do something special with it. And I owned up to how my initial post made me look. I'm self aware. I ain't crazy. I ain't Bootaaay, either. Those are just polygons and textures getting hurt in Manhunt.

He's already lost his humanity guys, he's even more Ice Cold than The Miz.

But no I do get where you're coming from, I watched the vids and damn that stuff was brutal, not sure how well that would go down these days with the better tech.

But you like seeing them get hurt. It entertains you. And in admitting that, you've become what you loathe the most. You're showing signs of becoming a Kane Fan.™ SoulPlaya was right about you.
Oh this is rich coming from wrasslegafs Ryback mark, you just love seeing that man fed more, and by fed we mean the brutal evisceration of jobbers and that he's supposedly unsafe in the ring is the icing on the cake, the cake of disgrace.

You can talk about me, you can even talk about my momma, but you don't call me a Kane fan, Beef. That's disrespect on the levels of stepping on someone's new Jordans. Take that back 'fore this gets serious.

He's already lost his humanity guys, he's even more Ice Cold than The Miz.

But no I do get where you're coming from, I watched the vids and damn that stuff was brutal, not sure how well that would go down these days with the better tech.

It's disgusting, don't get me wrong. I'm not sitting there salivating over those videos, but I think it could be used very effectively if Rockstar was to expand on the psychological aspects of it in terms of the protagonist and the player. Like if there was a Manhunt 3 that had an option for a non-lethal combat as well as super violence each with their own pros and cons that effect the narrative and mindframe of the character accordingly. That would be really interesting, I think.

Your constant sniping of my character says more than I ever could. I'm comfortable being myself in FRONT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE, BEAN. YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU HAVEN'T FOUND YOURSELF YET. YOU NEED ONE MORE MOMENT.

REAL. MEN. WEAR. WRESTLING. AVATARS.

I hope to see you at October Wrasslin |OT|!

(your time is up, my time is now..)

Now that's what I call a pipebomb!

It's disgusting, don't get me wrong. I'm not sitting there salivating over those videos, but I think it could be used very effectively if Rockstar was to expand on the psychological aspects of it in terms of the protagonist and the player. Like if there was a Manhunt 3 that had an option for a non-lethal combat as well as super violence each with their own pros and cons that effect the narrative and mindframe of the character accordingly. That would be really interesting, I think.

That's certainly an idea, except we all know that it would get boiled down to a barebones moral choice system of polar extremes with slight cutscene alteration.

I didn't know Peter Molyneux posted on Gaf, was Net_Wrecker.

That's certainly an idea, except we all know that it would get boiled down to a barebones moral choice system of polar extremes with slight cutscene alteration.

Option 1: Choke out psychiatric ward doctor, but place him in a bed with 2 pillows and a blanket so he wakes up comfortably.

Reward: Blue cutscene at the end of the game revealing it was all a dream and you are a good man at your core

Option 2: Stab psych ward doctor with scalpel repeatedly before placing a plastic bag over his head and going all HHH on him.

Reward: Red cutscene at the end revealing it was all a dream and you are conflicted man at your core.

GOTY
I didn't Peter Molyneux posted on Gaf, was Net_Wrecker.

Damn, a Molyneux comparison?

Eff you guize.

You can talk about me, you can even talk about my momma, but you don't call me a Kane fan, Beef. That's disrespect on the levels of stepping on someone's new Jordans. Take that back 'fore this gets serious.

You mean before it gets...PERSONAL?™

I'll take it back for now, but I've got my eye on you.

Damn, a Molyneux comparison?

Eff you guize.

You've preserved my typo for future generations of Wrasslergaffers to enjoy. I'd say we're even.

Also, let me apologize on behalf of myself and Net_Wrecker for roleplaying as John Cena for last few posts in this thread. It was a careless, selfish act and we are both prepared to accept whatever punishment is deemed appropriate.

I'd continue this verbal joust, but I'm afraid we're pushing the limits of "off topicness" and will soon encounter mod intervention. Tread lightly in the WrassleGAF jungle.

To bring this back on topic, I'll probably end up missing the NJPW iPPV and HBK >>> Hogan. There, wrestling.

Option 1: Choke out psychiatric ward doctor, but place him in a bed with 2 pillows and a blanket so he wakes up comfortably.

Reward: Blue cutscene at the end of the game revealing it was all a dream and you are a good man at your core

Option 2: Stab psych ward doctor with scalpel repeatedly before placing a plastic bag over his head and going all HHH on him.

Reward: Red cutscene at the end revealing it was all a dream and you are conflicted man at your core.

GOTY

"A fantastic example of gameplay interwoven with deep and mature storytelling. The single button action gameplay is simple enough for anyone to grasp and the result is always something visceral that boldly pushes the medium forward. A linear format allows for some fantastic visual set pieces that add a spectacle feel unlike that which we've ever witnessed.
But the writing is what truly elevates this piece of art, an oscar worthy script detailing the intricacies of the human mind, the parable of choice and elevating the standards of adult plotlines across the industry. The tortured tale of protagonist Jim Smith will go down in our hearts as one of gamings true icons standing alongside such mainstays as *grizzled buzzcut guy* and *angry bald soldier*"
-IGN

Oh hang on, we're overstepping our bounds are we? well this is just a planned Created Storyline for WWE13, it's absolutely on topic.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's September 30th here WrassleGAF, which means I just turned 29. In honor of my last year in my twenties we shall dub this day AJ Appreciation Day. Commence the festivities!

Aiii

So not worth it
When that pic loaded for a second I thought that was ODB, if I'm really honest.

Though I am not quite sober.

Top Bottom