• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequels that you feel just rolled off a production line

Andrew J.

Judging games that aren't even out yet?

gamesiveneverplayed.jpg

Looks like it.

Blindy

I haven't played it in ages but remember feeling the same way about VC2 back in the day. Anyway, thanks for reminded me of VC, will be replaying the first one later this month now haha
It's never a bad thing to be viewtiful in life....but man VJ2 I am completely drawing blanks on when I shouldn't. I think there was a giant chameleon boss in this game now that I remember.

But Hulk Davidson it is not.

Mario Sports Superstars fits the bill pretty well. I should have used it in the OP, but it was so unremarkable that I only just remembered it exists.

Sad thing about this is that were some real potential in the base idea for an rpg, it just stumbled so very hard with the gameplay and environments reuse because of time constraints.

DA2 could have been so much more if EA hadn't tried to push an rpg out in about a single year of production.

Yeah, but that's because DA2 was gonna be DLC for Origins but got pushed into a full game. Looking at it, I'd guess less side quests and Act 2 were added to pad it out. So I wouldn't exactly call it a production line game.

My votes would be Crackdown 2 and Prototype 2.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I felt this way with Dishonored 2.
Didn't even make it really far into it, sadly, because I couldn't get over how soulless it felt.

Eh, I quite liked it. There was somewhat of a change in style, I agree, but at least it felt better than the latest entry.
A game with level design as intricate as dishonored 2 couldn't be assembly line

Top Bottom