• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkan Toto Rumor: Bandai Namco making several NX games, including a Smash for launch

NeonZ

Here's hoping once again for them to use Smash Run assets for a new Adventure mode...

I believe this even less than the typical rumors. The only remote chance of this being true is if it's a Smash 4 Championship Edition with all DLC included
It could have some DLC (aside from maybe 3rd party characters) and also some extra content, since they wouldn't need to keep parity with the 3ds version anymore, and they aren't developing any more content for the Wii U and 3ds versions after Corin and Bayonetta.

-Horizon-

From the What we know-thread.

If i had to guess:

Smash Bros GotY Edition with all DLC
Port of Tales of Berseria (and/or Tales of Zestiria)
Tekken (maybe?)
Pokken

Doubtful, but would be a megaton for me:

Dark Souls 3

If they're gonna do Dark Souls 3 they might as well just wait till the whatever expansion that game gets comes out first to do a complete edition.

Clov

If there's a Smash 4 version at launch with all the DLC included, plus some extras (a few new stages, characters) I'll be in at launch for sure. Even if it's just Smash 4 Wii U plus a handful of formerly 3DS exclusive stages, I'll be in at day one! I like playing on Corneria that much.

SalvaPot

Yep this is a port.

All they need to do is have a bundle with Mario, Link, Cloud, Ryu, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Bayonetta and Pikachu in the cover and it will sell like hotcakes. I know people who don't even know Ryu is in the game.

BiggNife

Does he have a track record?

Let smash 4 die, we need a new engine for proper inklings.

Yeah, he leaked that Nintendo was going to show their mobile game (Miitomo) at their investors meeting and that it would be completely different from what anyone expected.

Smash at launch=me buying at launch. Im dead serious. If its a port of 4 it has to have new characters for me to still buy it day one, otherwise ill wait

If i had to guess:

Tekken (maybe?)
Pokken

Dark Souls 3

I'm expecting those titles too, Smash would probably just be called Super Smash Bros. for NX or whatever the system ends up being named. We can't disregard the possibility of Namco developing a title from the ground up, they're obviously putting all their budget into a new Klonoa game.

entremet

I love Smash 4, but it's gonna suck buying the game again so soon.

A port makes sense since the game is so new.

I would think it would have to be a bit more than a port, a Smash for NX.

Including stuff like the 3DS stages. Perhaps an adventure mode. It would also feel like a wasted opportunity not to include the Inklings and prepare new DLC with how successful it's been so far.

I had expected Fall 2017 so Nintendo could have something next year and give Smash Wii U three years of life.

Someone asked if it was a new Smash Bros. and he said, translated (my German is a bit rusty, I'm actually Swedish):

"Exactly. It is being developed for NX."
To follow up on my last tweet: I haven't heard if it's a completely new (numbered) Smash Bros or not. Otherwise, source situation is solid.
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/692758073123823617
high chance it's a complete edition of smash 4... hopefully both version stages are in the game

Oregano

If i had to guess:

Tekken (maybe?)
Pokken

Dark Souls 3

Tales and DS3 probably aren't likely. You have to consider that Bamco also makes a lot of licensed and family friendly games that could be on NX. They also developed Wii Sports Club so they could be doing more work for Nintendo.

georly

Knew it, no way smash was going to skip NX or launch at the end of the NX life. It'll be smash complete edition with characters not possible on the 3DS finally coming back (ICE CLIMBERS).

Can't wait. Will triple dip. Hopefully the DLC chars get customs, event stages, and new music tracks. I'd love break the targets and board the platforms to come back too, but i'm ok with just a remaster at launch. <3 <3

I think ~4 new characters would be enough to re-sell it to most people. Ice climbers, wolf, and 2 newcomers, would be my guess. Namco needs another rep, as does square.

No doubt in my mind Smash 4 is a launch title, but I know my hopes will be dashed once its revealed and Ice Climbers aren't a returning character and the 3DS content is forever lost.

Son Of D

If i had to guess:

Tekken (maybe?)
Pokken

Dark Souls 3

Pokken wouldn't surprise me as well actually. TPC wants to keep a strong community for it so having it on the new console would also keep the game going.

And welcomed with open arms! Especially if there was nice chunk of new content.
I would be happy with MK8 doing the same.

I almost expect this to happen with ALL big WiiU software

At least the recent ones

Zelda WiiU is gonna also be an NX game for sure

trutrutru

I feel like it may be more than just a port. I get the feeling we'll get a surprise like "melee or turbo mode" or something else that aims to bridge the smash communities. Along with a fe extra characters and a proper execution of that 3ds exclusive mode, where players can run into each other and fight in the map while getting power ups.

Im mainly basing this off of namco job post that showed up either before or just after smash was released. Looking for staff for the next one. Leads me to believe it will be more than a simple port.

BiggNife

I think if Smash 4 NX gets any new feature it'll be exclusive single player modes, continuing the trend that the Wii U/3DS versions had. I would not expect any new characters. Maybe a few new stages?

AdanVC

Exactly

Expect a lot of WiiU ports

Mario Maker should be there, possibly Xenoblade X, etc...

Some of the older WiiU games might get a sequel or something

Splatoon as well. But if this ports become true,this could possibly means that NX will not be BC with Wii U. Wich is great in my humble opinion because Nintendo needs to distance of the Wii brand forever if they really want to succeed this time.

A Smash 4 port with all of the DLC included wouldn't be surprising.

indeed. Seems likely.
Maybe they will add some stuff beyond the current DLC that could not be done on 3DS?
Ice Climbers would be an obvious one. Maybe inkling with an ink mechanic that could not be done on 3DS?

He just tweeted:
Dr. Serkan Toto @serkantoto
To follow up on my last tweet: I haven't heard if it's a completely new (numbered) Smash Bros or not. Otherwise, source situation is solid.

edit. beaten to it

Hiltz

Dark Souls 3 port seems unlikely given that the game's director stated that the target audience for Dark Souls 2 wasn't on Nintendo's platforms. To me, it's doubtful NX will change that regardless of its install base growth.It's a shame too, since I'd like to try the series out.

Penguin

Yeah, I can see a Smash 4 with all the DLC and doing all the maps (since 3DS and Wii u exclusive stages never crossed streams) into one package.

Korgill

If it's a Smash Complete Edition, I hope the put Ice Climbers in as a surprise secret character. NX should not be punished for 3DS's sins.

Davey Cakes

Not something worth getting hyped about. It seems obvious to port a lot of Wii U games to NX, especially the most popular ones with lots of DLC.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It better have Cloud.

If it's a port though, it doesn't suggest good things regarding NX's BC situation. :/
I wouldn't be shocked if they do a clean break with the old architecture.

A lot of the stuff they used earlier isn't exactly what you want to be using in 2016.

It's weird for Nintendo to do as they haven't but yeah it wouldn't be surprising at all.

Precedent doesn't mean much here; Nintendo have never had a home console flop as hard as the Wii U. Re-releasing some of its games on the NX as GotY versions would be a good business decision, as it would give them a second chance on the market.

I wouldn't expect any new content though; that would piss off current owners of Smash Bros. on Wii U, especially those who have been paying for all the DLC.

Smash 4 NX port with all the DLC included would be a no brainer to launch with. Hopefully this means that maybe Namco would be down with porting a few of their games on NX like Tales Of Besteria or Tekken 7 on it.

Yeah, I was kinda expecting they would have a Smash 4 NX Championship edition or something around launch. It's a popular entry in a popular series that they're most likely not going to be making a new game in for a while.

Yeah, I figured they'd put a complete edition of Smash on the NX (if this is indeed what that is, anyway). Kind of a no-brainer.

Neoxon

If it's a Smash Complete Edition, I hope the put Ice Climbers in as a surprise secret character. NX should not be punished for 3DS's sins.
I hope this is true, and I wouldn't mind a Smash 4 port on NX. Especially if it comes with the 3DS stages and all DLC.
We don't know how far along the Ice Climbers were on the Wii U before Sakurai pulled the plug. And even then, I'm not sure if they would change Smash 4 without Sakurai. Same for the 3DS stages.

Top Bottom