• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkan Toto Rumor: Bandai Namco making several NX games, including a Smash for launch

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Splatoon's biggest hurdle would be whether or not the NX handheld can act like a Wii U Gamepad, or if there is any compatibility with the NX and the Wii U Gamepad (regardless if there is BC or w/e). Splatoon being purely a twin-stick shooter loses a lot of appeal.

I imagine they'd just put a gyroscope in the controller and then make you use a select menu for the map.

Tekken 7 for the console and Tales of Vesperia for the handheld as follow-ups to Tekken TT2 and Pokken Wii U and Tales of the Abyss 3DS sound like safe bets to me! :)

georly

If the smash news is true, that means NX announcement won't come until after all the smash DLC is out, would be my guess.

Otherwise, they stand to lose money on the people who will just wait for the NX 'complete' version. Bayo is out feb, right? So March NX announce at the earliest (if they're announcing any games at that time).

Wishlist time!

Smash Bros X Ultimate with 6 new fighters: Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Rayman, Isaac, Ray Mk 3, Bnjo
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Vesperia R
Tekken 7 with Waluigi costumes
God Eater 3
Pac-man Super Collection

...and of course: RIDGE RACER!!!

Tales of Beseria would be great, the nintendo consoles needs more RPGS which seems to be a dying genre these days. Aside from the fire emblem crossover and Xenoblade what else is there?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Dont think they are gonna do that

Hence the Ports

I wonder if they will offer digital freebies or discounts on people who owned the WiiU software to ease the transition....

I don't mean this in the backwards compatibility sense. I mean it in the "we want to save development time" sense.

Like, getting Frostbite working on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was a quick process due to forward thinking ideas done in its design and development along with the PC-like architecture of the new systems, even if you can't run the PS3 version of Battlefield 4 on PS4.

EA didn't have to spend three years rebuilding their engine to get going, which let them get titles out relatively quickly.

trutrutru

Hoping the vets get moveset changes. New characters seem to have more imaginative moves when compared to the originals. They need some upgrades. And an original moveset for ganondorf already

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Bamco developing several NX games wouldn't be a hard thing to guess. The Smash thing is much more specific.

A third party developing several games for a.nintendo console is an obvious thing? I probably live on another planet. ..

Dont think they are gonna do that

Hence the Ports

I wonder if they will offer digital freebies or discounts on people who owned the WiiU software to ease the transition....

I don't know but they better have all current VC titles available out the gate, and not make us have to repay for the ones we own on Wii U/3DS.

CZ0sXUIWkAASuJE.jpg:large

That actually looks pretty good, Ryu's just kind of chilling at the back. I don't expect purple to be NX's primary colour, didn't turn out great for the Gamecube.

entremet

Mario Maker, MK8, Smash 4, and Splatoon are most definitely getting ports.

Those are all evergreen games and very extensible in terms of content.

I wonder if there would be cross platform play? Imagine that?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That depends on if Sakurai stays or if he finished planning for any extra characters before leaving.

My Smash Bro, let me basking in pessimistic aura.

We wouldn't see Takamaru, Inkling, Ice Climbers, Rhythm Heaven character, Wolf, and few more characters.

Hoping the vets get moveset changes. New characters seem to have more imaginative moves when compared to the originals. They need some upgrades. And an original moveset for ganondorf already

While we're at it, unless the NX edition severely overhauls custom moves to make them more tournament viable, please change Palutena's default kit pls.

Well yeah!

I mean this will be the continuation of support and allow them to move forward with Smash as a persistent game

They might not even need to make a sequel for a good long time if they keep content coming

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tekken 7 for the console and Tales of Vesperia for the handheld as follow-ups to Tekken TT2 and Pokken Wii U and Tales of the Abyss 3DS sound like safe bets to me! :)
I thought ToV would be the first handheld port to the new Nintendo handheld from Bamco way before we knew about NX. I still think it's happening... Question is just if it will be exclusive or hit PC and Co. as well. Probably multi.

Revven

If it's a Smash 4 port, nothing is changing about the characters.

Raide

Basically just port all of the popular/good Wii-U games and call it a day. Xenoblade NX, Smash NX, Zelda NX etc, and you have one hell of a launch lineup. Would be nice if Nintendo let some form of Crossbuy work out but they may as well just push everyone to NX and forget the Wii-U ever happened.

Mario Maker, MK8, Smash 4, and Splatoon are most definitely getting ports.

Those are all evergreen games and very extensible in terms of content.

I wonder if there would be cross platform play? Imagine that?

Mario Maker would really rely on a touch screen no? It would be far less intuitive without.

VariantX

Maybe customs for everybody in the NX version of smash + Ice Climbers + All DLC characters + ALL 3DS stages and content? I think that would be a great incentive to buy it again or buy it for the first time at least.

Neoxon

They probably won't change the existing characters for a port of Smash 4 beyond small balance changes (at most).

Smash 4 NX - Complete Edition seems reasonable for launch 2016 on NX. A new Smash would take too long and after the WiiU, i would guess that Nintendo wants a Smash at launch or pretty soon after it.

All the DLC characters + stages for the game. Plus maybe announce plans for 2-3 new characters as DLC exclusive for the NX to get the people that already have it on WiiU and think they don´t need it, since they have it all already, to get hyped all over again and buy into the new one.

Would seem like a smart choice.

And i don´t expect MK8 and Splatoon ports. You don´t need all the big hitters right at launch (only to have a drought right after) and i think those games can be developed faster than a brand new Smash.

I think they meant that they were going to pick a technology solution that wouldn't require them to rewrite all their engine technology for the handheld.

The Wii U has a DX10 GPU so if they don't have something that does at least OpenGL ES 3.0, they would have to re-engineer everything to get handheld games working on their internal technology and tools.

This would be as opposed to literally using the Wii U's hardware architecture.

The 3DS uses an OpenGL ES 1.1 GPU so getting their technology to support both platforms was a major hurdle for them when they wanted to transfer staff, technology, or development process around.

Yeah he said it wasn't going to be the same as Wii U, and was very much talking about both console and handheld being part of 'absorbing' the Wii U. It's not a bc thing, even if it happens to support that. They want a development transition as smooth as possible, like GC-> Wii was.

BY2K

Membero Americo
That actually looks pretty good, Ryu's just kind of chilling at the back. I don't expect purple to be NX's primary colour, didn't turn out great for the Gamecube.

It makes sense in concept though.

3DS was red, Wii U was blue.

Mix red and blue together, what do you get?

Mr Swine

Banned
Why not? If both handheld and console NX are on par with each other or at least the handheld is on par with the Wii U version I will buy asap

Mario Maker would really rely on a touch screen no? It would be far less intuitive without.

All they would have to do to support the gamepad is have the wireless tech right?

Seems like an easy thing... plus you could build it to connect to a Smartphone tablet

Maybe Mario Maker WILL get an NX sequel to rethink its design minus the gamepad

Or the NX portable device doubles as the WiiU Tablet stand it

AdanVC

YUP!

But what about Eshop and Digital offerings Carried ALL the way from the Wii

Its BEYOND time to consolidate and make it uniform as well as credit purchases to the ACCOUNT and not a system

ONE UMBRELLA PLEASE

Yes! Hope the true revolutionary concept of NX relies on the way the new OS handles all your library of games. Making it as customizable as any other mobile OS. That would be awesome. a crazy gimmick is welcome but as long as they don't make it "a must" like they did with the Gamepad on Wii U.

Splatoon's biggest hurdle would be whether or not the NX handheld can act like a Wii U Gamepad, or if there is any compatibility with the NX and the Wii U Gamepad (regardless if there is BC or w/e). Splatoon being purely a twin-stick shooter loses a lot of appeal.

Yes I was actually just wondering that. I can't see Splatoon playing that well with traditional controllers since this is the game where the Gamepad features truly excels.

Nightbird

All 58 Characters
All 84 Stages
>1400 Trophies

Smash Run & Smash Tour included

Maybe all customs unlocked from the beginning

And maybe even more!

That sounds like a wet dream

Tansut

I feel like even a port would have to add something new to the package to entice Wii U owners to buy it again. I'm not saying I expect something silly like 6 new characters and 12 new stages, but it doesn't seem far fetched to hope for maybe a couple of each.

I feel like even a port would have to add something new to the package to entice Wii U owners to buy it again. I'm not saying I expect something silly like 6 new characters and 12 new stages, but it doesn't seem far fetched to hope for maybe a couple of each.

3ds stages

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
A complete Smash release on NX at launch would be a very smart move. Wouldn't be surprised to see several other Wii U titles getting a Remaster trestment early on in the console's life.

georly

It makes sense in concept though.

3DS was red, Wii U was blue.

Mix red and blue together, what do you get?

Would be insanely amazing if the 3DS exclusive stages make it to the NX version. Obviously would require a complete asset re-do, but if they've been working on it since launch, they can easily have done it.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Super Smash Bros. at launch is a major letdown. The Wii U version will barely be three years old by that point. (Two if it managed to release this year, which I personally doubt.)

Give it a few years to let the Wii U version do its thing and then get started on Super Smash Bros. 6 for the NX.

Draxal

I think Ice Climbers would be a lock.

Oh stop it

Most smash players would buy it again

Not that I dont want Nintendo to throw WiiU upgraders a bone lol

Ive been waiting to see if Hyrule Warriors was going to get some sort of complete version, but my guess its also going to be ported to NX.

Top Bottom