• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: 2017 Deluxe Edition includes Season 1&2. $79.99 (On Sale: $47 on Steam)

You can in theory get all of the characters with Fight Money if you don't spend said Fight Money on anything else, but be prepared to endure Survival Mode & go through a bit of a grind online (I.E. You'll need to put in some work, but it's not a living hell). Getting everything that Fight Money can buy with Fight Money would be much harder.

Also, keep up with the Daily Challenges. You'd be surprised how much Fight Money you can get from those if you complete them on a regular basis.

Mainly, I'm referring to the characters, as the costumes don't really concern me. Thanks!

Everything meaning costumes too? No

If you do all of the story stuff, and run through survival easy/normal with all characters in the base game you should have enough to buy like 5 characters or something. They've added challenges to add some extra ways to earn FM but not sure how reasonable that ends up being in the long run

Hard mode survival pays out too but I wouldn't bother. Don't think Extreme is for anything besides a trophy and maybe some colors

Good to know Hard and Extreme aren't worth it. I'm not gonna torture myself; besides, I'm not really interested in the costumes.

How good are you at fighting games? How much is your time worth to you?

Pretty good? Probably take me a while to learn SFV. Time wise, as long it's not gonna ruin the game for me, I'm fine with a bit of a grind.

Neoxon

Pretty good? Probably take me a while to learn SFV. Time wise, as long it's not gonna ruin the game for me, I'm fine with a bit of a grind.
Then you should be fine. Win a few Ranked & Casual Matches, blow through Easy & Normal Survival (& at least attempt Hard Survival for your mains), do the Trials, complete all of the Story content (both the Character Stories & the Cinematic Story Mode), watch all of the Demonstrations, & complete the Daily Challenges, and you should be good to go.

Also, each DLC character has their own Character Story, Trial, Demonstrations, & Survival runs, all of which net you Fight Money. Basically you can earn back a good chunk of the Fight Money you spent on the character by just playing the character in said modes.

Ganado

Bundlestars has a deluxe edition for the same price but there they also have a 10% voucher on top. They use the same banner as steam, but in the bundlestars page it doesnt specify the contents. One assumes its the same (both season passes) but im not sure, but my real question is, since its a key from bundlestars, is it one key or 3 keys (game, season pass 1, season pass 2). If its three I would probably buy it, keep the season passes and gift the game.

I mailed (and twitter messaged) them asking but no reply.
Ooh, interested in this. I just bought S1 pass but will refund if this is 3 keys.

Dunno how familiar you are with Survival mode but this is how it works

Easy is 10 stages of virtually braindead AI until like the last fight (basically "very easy" difficulty)

Normal is 30 stages, first 10 are the run from Easy, the next 10 range from like "easy" to "medium" difficulty. The last 10 are between "medium" and "hard" with the AI really waking up in the last 3/4 fights

Fights are one round and your Health and Super carry over from the previous round, and you pick a powerup from a random list of buffs (the upgrades are the same but the power of the upgrade varies each time). Generally you either pick health or attack up.

Normal survival takes like 20 minutes to run through

Then you should be fine. Win a few Ranked & Casual Matches, blow through Easy & Normal Survival (& at least attempt Hard Survival for your mains), do the Trials, complete all of the Story content (both the Character Stories & the Cinematic Story Mode), watch all of the Demonstrations, & complete the Daily Challenges, and you should be good to go.

Also, each DLC character has their own Character Story, Trial, Demonstrations, & Survival runs, all of which net you Fight Money. Basically you can earn back a good chunk of the Fight Money you spent on the character by just playing the character in said modes.

Sounds straightforward! I didn't know the characters came with that too, that's nice that you can essentially make your FM back! Thanks for the tips!
Dunno how familiar you are with Survival mode but this is how it works

Easy is 10 stages of virtually braindead AI until like the last fight (basically "very easy" difficulty)

Normal is 30 stages, first 10 are the run from Easy, the next 10 range from like "easy" to "medium" difficulty. The last 10 are between "medium" and "hard" with the AI really waking up in the last 3/4 fights

Fights are one round and your Health and Super carry over from the previous round, and you pick a powerup from a random list of buffs (the upgrades are the same but the power of the upgrade varies each time). Generally you either pick health or attack up.

Normal survival takes like 20 minutes to run through

Hmm, sounds simple enough if you learn your character. Thanks!

Neoxon

Sounds straightforward! I didn't know the characters came with that too, that's nice that you can essentially make your FM back! Thanks for the tips!
You don't earn all of the Fight Money you spent on the DLC character back, but you do get a good chunk of said Fight Money back by playing the purchased DLC character in question.

Yeah. Either way, I'd suggest just getting the whole bundle while the discount is in effect. You can put the Fight Money you saved towards future DLC characters in Season 3 & maybe Season 4.

Honestly, I'm just using up a Christmas gift card, so I'm just gonna buy the basic game + some other sale games. That way I get more mileage from the card. I honestly don't mind a bit of a grind. After all, I have all the Custom Moves in Smash 4, and that's a heck of a grind, trust me. That said, I appreciate your advice!

Neoxon

Honestly, I'm just using up a Christmas gift card, so I'm just gonna buy the basic game + some other sale games. That way I get more mileage from the card. I honestly don't mind a bit of a grind. After all, I have all the Custom Moves in Smash 4, and that's a heck of a grind, trust me. That said, I appreciate your advice!
If you managed to get all of the custom moves in Smash 4, you'll be just fine in terms of grinding for Fight Money in SFV (which, honestly, is more straight-forward compared to the living hell that was getting custom moves in Smash 4).

In my case, I had to endure the grind since I was a TO for my local Smash scene (& as such, I had to bring my set-up for tournaments). Of course, this was during the 2015 season, when custom moves were legal.

Ouch. I did it because I wanted to have all the options open to me. I'm not too masochistic though, I didn't dare try things like 9.0 Classic with no deaths.

Neoxon

Ouch. I did it because I wanted to have all the options open to me. I'm not too masochistic though, I didn't dare try things like 9.0 Classic with no deaths.
Yeah, I'm just thankful that the Fight Money grind isn't nearly as bad as the custom move grind. Then again, the custom move grind was on another level of hard.

Yeah, I'm just thankful that the Fight Money grind isn't nearly as bad as the custom move grind. Then again, the custom move grind was on another level of hard.

Why in this world did they think it was a good idea to allow multiples of the same custom move? I must've earned 20 copies of Meta Knight's Side3!

Neoxon

Why in this world did they think it was a good idea to allow multiples of the same custom move? I must've earned 20 copies of Meta Knight's Side3!
I sometimes wonder the same question. Giving us a means to just buy the custom moves with the metric shit-tons of coins we have would have been nice, too.

Question: is it feasible to buy the basic game and buy everything with Fight Money? Or is it an excruciating process?

If you watch the Demonstrations, complete the combo trials and easy/normal survival for each character you'll earn 31,500 for character. That's 504,000 for the 16 starting characters. If you also beat the cinematic story mode on normal and extra difficulty (30k for normal, 50k for extra) you'll have almost enough to buy all 6 Season 1 characters.

If you go through the demonstration, trials and survival again for those 6 that's another ~200,000k so you can have Akuma and a wee grind for whoever's next.

It's harder to build fight money after that. You earn very little from playing online other than the bonus 1000 each time your character levels up. There's usually 5000 from a very easy weekly challenge (right now it's knocking and opponent down to the right of the Brazil stage a few times, even in offline versus mode).

If you watch the Demonstrations, complete the combo trials and easy/normal survival for each character you'll earn 31,500 for character. That's 504,000 for the 16 starting characters. If you also beat the cinematic story mode on normal and extra difficulty (30k for normal, 50k for extra) you'll have almost enough to buy all 6 Season 1 characters.

If you go through the demonstration, trials and survival again for those 6 that's another ~200,000k so you can have Akuma and a wee grind for whoever's next.

It's harder to build fight money after that. You earn very little from playing online other than the bonus 1000 each time your character levels up. There's usually 5000 from a very easy weekly challenge (right now it's knocking and opponent down to the right of the Brazil stage a few times, even in offline versus mode).

Seems fair enough to me! As I said above, I don't really mind a little grind. Can you earn money by doing survival multiple times with the same character?

Nah, just one time per character per difficulty. That's why the earn rate for fight money slows pretty significantly once you've done all the single player content you can manage.

I'm sure they'll add more modes with a fight money bonus.

Nah, just one time per character per difficulty. That's why the earn rate for fight money slows pretty significantly once you've done all the single player content you can manage.

I'm sure they'll add more modes with a fight money bonus.

Mm. That stings a bit. Ah well. Doing the weeklies oughta help a good bit. There are 7 DLC chars counting Akuma, right?

Dartastic

Wait a second. I already own the game on PS4. I don't own Season 2 on PS4. There's really no reason for me to buy the Season 2 pass, is there. I almost certainly should just buy it on PC for the extra 17. That's shitty. :(

Also, this game fucking rules. If you don't own it, buy it. Game is great.
Guys wat do should I jump in on this? :(

Pompadour

Question: is it feasible to buy the basic game and buy everything with Fight Money? Or is it an excruciating process?

The game has a ton of content that costs Fight Money including characters, colors, titles, stages, little accouterments for your player profile, etc. You can buy everything in the game with Fight Money except for the following:
  • Premium Costumes which is every alternate character costume except a character's "Story" costume which you can buy with FM
  • The Capcom Pro Tour stage and colors which were a limited time only and no longer on sale
So to answer your question matter of factly, it would absolutely be excruciating to unlock "everything" with just Fight Money since there's so much content. I'm not sure anyone has earned enough FM, and I'm including people who used trainers to beat Survival with everyone on every difficulty, to unlock "everything".

However, it's quite possible to unlock every character and every stage with FM. Just beating the relatively easy stuff with the base 16 characters gets you around 500k which is enough for 5 DLC characters. But the benefit of the season passes is that they give you the characters which are big sources of FM (netting you around 30k+ for doing the easy stuff) so you can use that FM to buy the Story costumes and alternate stages.

Pachinko

I will agree with others on this and say no , you'll need 700,000 FM to buy every current DLC character and another 500,000 FM to get the forthcoming 5 other characters. You'll need 280,000 FM to unlock the 4 dlc stages plus another 160,000 FM to unlock the stage variations (a couple of which are seasonal). Completing every character story plus cinematic mode will only get you about 350,000 and it seems you earn nothing from survival mode now , that means you'll need about 100,000 wins in casual / 4ranked combined with every weekly challenge to earn the rest. Capcom has made it virtually impossible to get all this stuff for free.

No. It isn't even feasible for characters unless you play every single day.

You can get some quickly through grinding the single player stuff, but that well quickly runs dry and after you get a few characters it becomes extremely slow to accumulate.

SmokeMaxX

I play this game a decent amount. I have gotten every DLC character for free, plus have 100k in fight money in reserve, plus still have not done the story mode (another ~80k), plus have only done like 1-2 characters worth of normal survival mode. I didn't buy any stages or costumes with my fight money. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get every Season 2 DLC character for free especially considering how easy all these weekly challenges are. You can usually get at least 5k fight money each week within 5 minutes of playing.

No. It isn't even feasible for characters unless you play every single day.

You can get some quickly through grinding the single player stuff, but that well quickly runs dry and after you get a few characters it becomes extremely slow to accumulate.
This isn't really true. I'm not positive as I don't have any way to test my hypothesis out, but I'm pretty sure I can get at least the first 6 characters from a freshly bought copy of the game within 24 hours. Remember that character story mode and whatnot gives you experience and every level up you get is 1000 fight money.

Newboi

This stinks. It won't let you buy the deluxe edition if you already own SFV, but it looks like it's more cost efficient to buy the deluxe edition via steam than to buy the season passes separately.

This stinks. It won't let you buy the deluxe edition if you already own SFV, but it looks like it's more cost efficient to buy the deluxe edition via steam than to buy the season passes separately.

Yeah, this is pretty shitty. It won't even let you add the bundle to your cart if you own SFV already. Fantastic way to treat the folks that bought the game day one.

Greenzxy

Yeah, this is pretty shitty. It won't even let you add the bundle to your cart if you own SFV already. Fantastic way to treat the folks that bought the game day one.

It's 14.99 separately for season 1 and 29.99 seperately for season 2.
Unless there's something I'm missing.

It's 14.99 separately for season 1 and 29.99 seperately for season 2.
Unless there's something I'm missing.

It may be some kind of store error but if you already own SFV it shows you the bundle cost as $32.83 for the remaining items (season 1+2) but it doesn't allow you to add them to your cart.

cordy

Banned
I will agree with others on this and say no , you'll need 700,000 FM to buy every current DLC character and another 500,000 FM to get the forthcoming 5 other characters. You'll need 280,000 FM to unlock the 4 dlc stages plus another 160,000 FM to unlock the stage variations (a couple of which are seasonal). Completing every character story plus cinematic mode will only get you about 350,000 and it seems you earn nothing from survival mode now , that means you'll need about 100,000 wins in casual / 4ranked combined with every weekly challenge to earn the rest. Capcom has made it virtually impossible to get all this stuff for free.
Wait...what do you mean you earn nothing from Survival? I haven't played this game seriously in months and I was debating with myself whether to jump back in and knock some characters Survival out just to get money to buy things. I also don't wanna go online.

If you own the base game and Season 1 you should be able to get enough FM from them to get the Season 2 characters unless you spend it on dumb stuff like titles and themes. You might have to beat the trials and Survival on Normal though at least. If your mostly gonna play online the stages don't really matter since you'll eventually run into every stage. The Character Passes(season passes) are worth it my opinion just cause you get the battle costumes.

If you own the base game and Season 1 you should be able to get enough FM from them to get the Season 2 characters unless you spend it on dumb stuff like titles and themes. You might have to beat the trials and Survival on Normal though at least. If your mostly gonna play online the stages don't really matter since you'll eventually run into every stage. The Character Passes(season passes) are worth it my opinion just cause you get the battle costumes.

I'm probably going to go this route but I'm going to wait a few days to see if Steam opens up the bundle to folks that have SFV already. The sale price is until the Winter sale ends right?

It kind of sucks that the stages aren't included too but at least most of them are just existing stages at different times of day.

Gren

Yeah, as someone who picks stages for the original BGMs, I regret spending FM on the night time variations.

myco666

Lets not resort to lies okay. Survival still gives you FM and exp the same amount it always has given. Servers are a bit crap now though so you might not get them first time but if you replay it you will get them.

Greenzxy

It may be some kind of store error but if you already own SFV it shows you the bundle cost as $32.83 for the remaining items (season 1+2) but it doesn't allow you to add them to your cart.
Don't buy the bundle. Buy them seperate. I was able to get season 1 on sale without the bundle.

Top Bottom