• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 2 |OT| A ninja knows no fear

Corpekata

Banned
That review hits one note I was worried about, that the game would lose some heart without Hoji, but they quite literally say what I said about the previous game, it had a surprisingly good story on the character front.

Karak

Searching Google for Shadow Warrior 2 reviews yielded a cached IGN review. They gave it an 8.6. Strong start.

EDIT: it looks like IGN also gave the 2013 release an 8.6, so it could be Google pulling the wrong review.

It is the right one

mcz117chief

image.php

Yourewinner-38601-733663.jpg

CrunchyFrog is the winner of the key hunt. Congratulations :)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Any videos of "carving your name in an enemy's guts? I need to see this.

OP: could you reveal the seven hidden messages (including the trap) and their locations?

Ozium

will wait for reviews.. I enjoyed the first but felt that levels became too long and too tedious and it wore out it's welcome well before the finale

AHindD

Hmm their Steam store page seems to indicate that they received an 8.6 from IGN, however its a dead link.

Im guessing the review was published and was then taken down, or the developers somehow already knows the score/review...

Corpekata

Banned
Hmm their Steam store page seems to indicate that they received an 8.6 from IGN, however its a dead link.

Im guessing the review was published and was then taken down, or the developers somehow already knows the score/review...

It was discussed up thread. It was published early and taken down.

gdt

Won't be playing this for a week or two but I already bought it a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait. The combat looks amazing.

Meh, I hope they'll patch double-taping back in.

Maybe if we are lucky, they will have a Star Citizen style input menu that allows you to reprogram in double taps by default.

I will try out the new way, but I did not have any real problem with the last double tap system.

Karak

My review for ACG. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxu5HIzC8Ec
Rated it a Buy.

The game is absolutely fucking phenomenal and aside from a few quibbles I have had as much or more fun with this than any game I can remember in years.

In many ways it reminds me of some of the ideas in Hellgate London but done RIGHT and well.

Karak

Sounds good. 12 hours for the campaign seems a little small for a loot game though. I guess it's about NG+ but they don't explicitly talk about that in the review.

I played a bit longer than that for sure and will be returning with more pals. its just absolutely great.

Karak

Maybe if we are lucky, they will have a Star Citizen style input menu that allows you to reprogram in double taps by default.

I will try out the new way, but I did not have any real problem with the last double tap system.

The switch occurs in stride and to be honest just works well.

xRaizen

Any reviews explaining how good of a loot game it is? How does NG+ work?

This affects my decision, if it's not that great on loot then I'll wait until December-ish..

AHA-Lambda

Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-13-shadow-warrior-2-review

Shadow Warrior's surprising new direction makes the sequel a riotous blast, though it can't quite live up to its predecessor.

I like Shadow Warrior 2, and I think the direction the developers have taken is ultimately the correct one. But I'm not as enamoured with it as I was the previous game. There I played because I was actually interested in what was happening. Here I'm playing in an endless search for a sharper sword, or a better boomstick, always pushing that big red button in Flying Wild Hog's randomly generated Skinner Box. That's absolutely fine, and in terms of madcap FPS action it's definitely worth playing. But unlike the first game, I doubt I'll remember much about it in a few years' time.

mabec

Eurogamer prefered the game in sp, coop made even the most easiest enemies a drag

Many of Shadow Warrior 2's changes are plainly in aid of cooperative play. Unfortunately, there's one big problem with this. Shadow Warrior 2 is actually less fun in coop. The game is most enjoyable when you're fighting lots of fairly weak enemies, where Wang's eclectic arsenal is at its deadliest. But the game responds to an extra player by making enemies tougher, transforming an individual power trip into a cooperative grind. It's still fun enough, but it's a rare inversion of the usual trajectory of games that add a cooperative mode.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-13-shadow-warrior-2-review

Top Bottom