• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 2 |OT| A ninja knows no fear

Karak

Eurogamer prefered the game in sp, coop made even the most easiest enemies a drag

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-13-shadow-warrior-2-review

In no way shape or form was that reflected in my experiences.
In fact the synergy in skills is vital between players so maybe they didn't understand how to play or what weapons did what and what built on what. But combining attack types using proper skills and techniques and even thinks like flanking. It works insanely well in coop

welp bought it
Ya I was wondering how this would turn out...but there you have it.

Orpheum

hmmm. It looks really cool and i enjoyed the crap out of Doom, i will wait a few weeks until i finished Mafia 3 and RotTR.

Edit: Damn i just realised this will hit consoles early 2017, guess i don't need to rush then.

My review for ACG. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxu5HIzC8Ec
Rated it a Buy.

The game is absolutely fucking phenomenal and aside from a few quibbles I have had as much or more fun with this than any game I can remember in years.

In many ways it reminds me of some of the ideas in Hellgate London but done RIGHT and well.

Dammit Karak....

Now I have to buy it today, Doom was one of my favorite games recently and your comparisons to that sold me.

Karak

Dammit Karak....

Now I have to buy it today, Doom was one of my favorite games recently and your comparisons to that sold me.

Sorry man but ya. Like I said in the review its 2 contents sprinting around in the bloodiest Olympics ever. And its fantastic.

ACE 1991

Man, having a hard time deciding between this and Gears of War 4. Both look freaking sweet.

Karak: Great review, as always. Do you have any comment on how the game feels with a M + KB vs controller? Doom is one of the only single-player FPS in recent memory that I've actually preferred with the former control scheme.

Karak

Man, having a hard time deciding between this and Gears of War 4. Both look freaking sweet.

Karak: Great review, as always. Do you have any comment on how the game feels with a M + KB vs controller? Doom is one of the only single-player FPS in recent memory that I've actually preferred with the former control scheme.

I talked about it a bit in the review. I felt it worked wonderful. I didn't love the weapons switching but overall I was damn surprised to find it completely playable and you can see some footage of both in my review.

B00TE

Can't wait for this to unlock on gog.

Awesome review btw Karak, had me laughing hard in spots and if I didn't already have the game, I would've bought it based on that.

Karak

Can't wait for this to unlock on gog.

Awesome review btw Karak, had me laughing hard in spots and if I didn't already have the game, I would've bought it based on that.

Thanks sir appreciate it! Its a damned good couple weeks for games despite 1-2 titles not feeling great

ACE 1991

I talked about it a bit in the review. I felt it worked wonderful. I didn't love the weapons switching but overall I was damn surprised to find it completely playable and you can see some footage of both in my review.

Great, thank you!

scitek

Well, you'll actually be able to download this.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Here we go...

cE8ihaY.jpg

I wonder why there's no pre-load available so close to release.

AsfaeksBR

I'm a huge fan of the first game, so I'm obviously getting SW2. But Karak's review was something else, I neeeeeed this noooooow!

Also, anyone knows the name of this trailer's song? Is it in the OST?

Karak

Damn in that Karak video you can see the shotgun making a mess of enemies, gotta love it.

I had some great upgrades later on as well. The one I love is the ability to make any gun a turret. You see it with the grenade launcher too. Fantastic upgrades

I'm a huge fan of the first game, so I'm obviously getting SW2. But Karak's review was something else, I neeeeeed this noooooow!

Also, anyone knows the name of this trailer's song? Is it in the OST?
Ya the jump is insane from SW1 to 2 for me

Monster Music - I am Power
On the OST if I recall

mcz117chief

OP: could you reveal the seven hidden messages (including the trap) and their locations?

Try to look for them yourself. If you get stumped I can help you out. I have put a lot of effort into making this OT and I would people to read through it and find the hidden links and have as much fun reading as I had making it :)

Karak, my man, thank you very much for being around here, I really appreciate your support. You are doing an amazing job all around and I wish you lot of success into the future. I am super glad you are enjoying Shadow Warrior 2 as it is one of my most anticipated games ever and I can't wait for other people to love it too. Cheers, mate!

Karak

Karak, my man, thank you very much for being around here, I really appreciate your support. You are doing an amazing job all around and I wish you lot of success into the future. I am super glad you are enjoying Shadow Warrior 2 as it is one of my most anticipated games ever and I can't wait for other people to love it too. Cheers, mate!

Thanks man

Its not the only awesome song either

Dunfisch

Looked up a few impressions, liked what I saw. RPG-esque Shooter? Loot Elements? Something with similarities to Borderlands, which I sunk ungodly hours into? Yes please.

Impulse bought it, at 30€ we're not talking mega moolah here, and I have a feeling I won't regret it... Preload is live.

mcz117chief

I'm positively surprised by the feedback on this so far, but I've decided I'm too broke to buy this right now. I'll get me some Wang later.

edit: aw shit, I actually can't, I don't have enough on my credit card right now cause Squareenix took 120€ for the collector's edition of World of Final Fantasy, sorry again :(

I think I should have enough for the Redux version of the original if you are interested, it is also an amazingly fun game.

Arizato

Will take me 3 hours of downloading until I can play. But I am so hyped right now, especially after all these good impressions! Loved Shadow Warrior 2013!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
15.5GB install, 14.9GB download, for anyone wondering. There should have been a pre-load period.

MazeHaze

Banned
My buddy just got his PSVR and I can't believe I'm gonna have to rip myself away from this game to go play with that for a few hours lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, what? This actually works?

They're not supposed to be available to everybody just yet, but the sub type was changed to Free on Demand and the status was left as available (it should have been changed to unavailable), so, yeah, you can register them to your account via the install links.

Arizato

They're not supposed to be available to everybody just yet, but the sub type was changed to Free on Demand and the status was left as available (it should have been changed to unavailable), so, yeah, you can register them to your account via the install links.

Sweet! And thanks for the explanation! :)

Top Bottom