• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadows of the Damned - |OT| of Demons and Girlfriends from Hell

been listening to 8-4play and now I think I want to buy this as they did the translation work? Going to read this thread shortly. Good game? Hopefully I don't run into massive spoilers.

someone equated this to an RE4 sequel?

Chairhome

Pachterballs said:
been listening to 8-4play and now I think I want to buy this as they did the translation work? Going to read this thread shortly. Good game? Hopefully I don't run into massive spoilers.

Yeah, they had input on the script, not just translation from what I gather.

Finished it last night and I liked it a lot. Game was the right length for me, and it was fun. I loved the
evil dead
reference. The ending was okay.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Pachterballs said:

Nowhere close to being as well crafted as RE4, but it's a good time nonetheless.

Pachterballs said:

Gameplay was under the direction of Mikami, who did RE4 as well. This game's mechanic feels very much like a direct evolution of RE4's control, including the camera. The uniqueness of the guns, how they feel when they fire, the upgrades you can do.

For some, and myself included, this was completely butchered in RE5. Hence when some say this has to do with RE4

Manus

Really loving this game and nearly at the end, but man I hate these side scroller levels. I'd be okay with one to break up the gameplay, but man I'm burnt out after three of them.

Ridley327

Heads up for those who ordered the soundtrack: I just got mine in today, so keep an eye out.

I was fortunate enough to end up with one of the autographed copies, as well!

Tokubetsu

Ridley327 said:
Heads up for those who ordered the soundtrack: I just got mine in today, so keep an eye out.

I was fortunate enough to end up with one of the autographed copies, as well!

Did they ever send you an email saying it shipped? I ordered it on the first day it became available.

Ridley327

Tokubetsu said:
Did they ever send you an email saying it shipped? I ordered it on the first day it became available.
Funny enough, I actually received that email today!

Fast forward a few hours and it's on my doorstep.

I guess that $15 S&H was worth something after all!!!

Tokubetsu

Ridley327 said:
Funny enough, I actually received that email today!

Fast forward a few hours and it's on my doorstep.

I guess that $15 S&H was worth something after all!!!

What was the header if you dont mind me ask? I've been paranoid of maybe it getting sent to my junk mail box.

Ridley327

Hello FIRST NAME HERE, Order Status Changed - Order No.

It's sent from ghm-store.net, which is different from all of the other emails involving the order.

randomwab

I ordered mine last week, and damn it I am so pumped. Can't wait to get this shit on my phone. I've been listening to a Youtube video of the credits in work for The Damned track. So good.

Tokubetsu

Discotheque said:
oh wow there's still copies left....I caved and bought it.

All international orders are signed too. Akira Yamaoka decided to do that since exchange rates and shipping basically fucked us haha.

Ridley327

The only gripe I have with it is that it's far from a complete soundtrack; off the bat, none of the boss themes are on it, nor is my beloved sushi lamp music. What is there, though, is really, really great and makes me hopeful that GHM considers doing a volume 2 with the tracks that aren't on here.

Ridley327

The autograph itself actually comes on a slipcase the soundtrack comes with:

IIjrS.jpg

Ridley327 said:
The only gripe I have with it is that it's far from a complete soundtrack; off the bat, none of the boss themes are on it, nor is my beloved sushi lamp music. What is there, though, is really, really great and makes me hopeful that GHM considers doing a volume 2 with the tracks that aren't on here.

How long did it take before your cd arrived?

desu

Ridley327 said:
The autograph itself actually comes on a slipcase the soundtrack comes with:

Neat!

For anyone that ordered, did you guys receive a notification that it was shipped (and when)? I remember reading that but I havent received anything yet, even though I ordered the day it went up on the site.

Tokubetsu

desu said:
Neat!

For anyone that ordered, did you guys receive a notification that it was shipped (and when)? I remember reading that but I havent received anything yet, even though I ordered the day it went up on the site.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered the first day it went up for international orders.

J2d

Pretty much everything except the shooting was good. I kept thinking how awesome it would have been with more melee combat, what I really wanted was God Hand 2 =(

Danielsan

Finished this awesome little gem up today.
Loved nearly everything about it. Also have to say that I'm baffled that people dislike the shooting in this game, yet somehow enjoy the shit stain gameplay that one would find in say a Gears of War or even a Resident Evil 5. This game is just a joy to play and the gunplay feels really solid. That said. The best moment in the game is Garcia reading the story book. Hilarious.

I'm really saddened by the poor sales. Would have loved a sequel.

Sinthetic

Danielsan said:
Finished this awesome little gem up today.
Loved nearly everything about it. Also have to say that I'm baffled that people dislike the shooting in this game, yet somehow enjoy the shit stain gameplay that one would find in say a Gears of War or even a Resident Evil 5. This game is just a joy to play and the gunplay feels really solid. That said. The best moment in the game is Garcia reading the story book. Hilarious.

I'm really saddened by the poor sales. Would have loved a sequel.

Well said my man.

*CLAP*

semiconscious said:
that'd be nice, tho i'm not expecting it to. killer 7 is one of those rare, genuinely unique, amazing experiences, where all the weird (& there was plenty) comes together just about perfectly - everything 'wrong' about it is right :) ...

I know, right? I bought K7 when it first came out and I still enjoy it to this day (even though I mostly play it in my head)
Shadows of the Damned is still very fun and funny.

desu

Tokubetsu said:
Got my copy:

Supposedly some lucky ones will have a Suda signature as well.

Did you receive a shipping mail? Had a signed packge here today but I wasnt home. Didnt expect anything signed so maybe its actually the soundtrack.

farnham

Banned
finished the game

it was quite a great game

interesting mix of comedy and horror

btw..
is paula the female demon hunter that got killed by flemming ? and isnt flemming dead ? why are more demons comming ?

Jarmel

Banned
farnham said:
finished the game

it was quite a great game

interesting mix of comedy and horror

btw..
is paula the female demon hunter that got killed by flemming ? and isnt flemming dead ? why are more demons comming ?

You have to wait for the sequel to come out.
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Tokubetsu

desu said:
Did you receive a shipping mail? Had a signed packge here today but I wasnt home. Didnt expect anything signed so maybe its actually the soundtrack.

I didn't. Sorry for the late reply. Yea I had USPS show up to ask for me to sign for it.

Produce

My copy of the soundtrack arrived today (Western Australia), the same day they decided to change my order status.

Arrived with my 360 copy of the game too. I am so happy right now.

RadioHeadAche said:
How long did some of you have to wait for the cds to arrive?
3-4 weeks. My copy didn't get signed, but I emailed GHM and they're shipping me a signed sleeve. <3

I really hate that the soundtrack isn't complete, though. I really want the title song.

tetrisgrammaton said:
this game is sooo better than gears 3
I'm not so sure about that, but Vanquish easily destroys any other third-person shooter out there. Nothing comes close.

EDIT: Actually, I will say that I certainly had more fun with Shadows of the Damned than with Gears 3's campaign... at least so far, anyway.

3-4 weeks. My copy didn't get signed, but I emailed GHM and they're shipping me a signed sleeve. <3

I really hate that the soundtrack isn't complete, though. I really want the title song.

I think I still have a couple weeks then. It's nice to hear that they're being so generous about that.

I'm not so sure about that, but Vanquish easily destroys any other third-person shooter out there. Nothing comes close.

EDIT: Actually, I will say that I certainly had more fun with Shadows of the Damned than with Gears 3's campaign... at least so far, anyway.

Yeah, the thing in Gears favor IMO is Horde and Beast multiplayer, which are both awesome.

edit: and I loved the Vanquish demo, just never got around to playing it proper...

Ricker

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Loved the game. Loved the ending.

Loved the game but couldn;t finish it,couldn`t beat the room in 5-2 I think it is,the one with 3 sets of ennemies,I always died at the 2 fuckers with the rods on their back,so after countles tries I gave up,having to redo the rolling guys and all got the best of me hehe....going to watch the end on YouTube I guess.

JJD

My copy of the game finally arrived. I just played a little bit before going to bed. The controls are a little loose IMO, but I guess I'll adapt. Everything else is GREAT! Lol!

I'm really loving the setting, the graphics are OK, not great, but far from bad, and the music...damn the music's AWESOME!!! Akira Yamaoka is a badass!!!

Overall this game seems like a win to me, really glad I picked up (payed almost full price, but still it was cheaper than what I would pay for a PS3 game on my home country!). Too bad it didn't sell better.

By the way, does the One Eyed Willie poops on the floor as he saves the game??? Lol!!!

PS. Vanquish ROCKS!!! Mikami FTW!

Top Bottom