• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Szadek

I got from 44 packs:
2 Loki
1 Giant Chimera
and 20 gold cards (3 animated)
Okish, I guess.

With 2 Avatar's I'm going to test a Gurdian Sun/Grail deck.
I'm calling it False Sun.
What are you playing?

Extremely early impressions: This deck is insanely good, and I have no clue how aggro will ever be in the meta this coming month as long as this deck exists. It has so much draw so it is really consistent. Taurus is so good, may even be worth a 2 of. Taurus also makes me think that storm haven will probably be extremely good too.

Tempo forest sounds good to me with all the cards they've been given, but I haven't been able to make it work yet. I just run out of cards before I'm able to finish the game and the opponent can remove my stuff too easily. I'm going to keep trying it though, because it seems pretty fun.

Got to keep in mind a lot of people are playing bad stuff right now though, so these impresions don't mean much lol.

Too many decks to try, too little time so far lol.

Pooya

pollux seems low key OP... at least in arena. It's pretty much Tia that is way easier to activate sans the ward.

I drafted 3 of them and just activated them with carrot and wiseman, it rolled over man. I would say it's not unreasonable for constructed.

How does Aether work? You need to have 10pp for Aegis or 9? It says less than.

Yeah, you need 1 more mana than what it pulls out. I've never actually had to pull out Aegis with it yet, it's mostly for playing Aether on curve and getting a 5/7 ward to help stall. The whole deck is just a stall and draw machine lol.

After playing against a bunch of forests as various decks, I think that Cassiopeia is quite worse than will of the forest. It costs 1 more, and the body with it isn't really good. Also, you sometimes want to play will of the forest after you evolve and crash a follower into the opponent's biggest thing, but even though Cassiopeia comes with a body you can't really do that.

Edit: Using Aether to pull Aegis on turn 10 mean you have 4pp left to remove stuff with tribunal or 2 red hot boots. Not bad when you don't have an evo to drop Aegis on turn 9. Currently on a 7 game win streak with the deck in mid masters. I want to try out other decks though lol.

According to a redditor, once you hit level 110, a new 5 star achievment unlocks and you get 400 gold, and the next star is for level 120 for another 400 gold. If it is true and follows suit for levels 110-140 (there are new character flairs in the data dumps, so that's prob the lvl 150 rewards) then that is a total of 11.2k gold for leveling all the characters.

It's going to take quite a while, but those are pretty good freebies.

Luigi87

Meh, I can buy three packs today...

Nothing...
Gold dragon card...

... Aldos, Imperial Dragoon...

... OMFG YES!

UOktlyw.jpg

KuroNeeko

Meh, I can buy three packs today...

Nothing...
Gold dragon card...

... Aldos, Imperial Dragoon...

... OMFG YES!

Congrats, mayne!
Now you just need to get that Dorothy-action!

edit: That premium telescope looks pretty nice too!

I took a break pretty early last set and come back to find Golden Lion nerfed? What happened? Lion / Tea Time or something?
I've got two and Iooking to dust something for more hot sneks.

Otherwise, Witch looks like a lot of fun this set!

Got a 7 game winstreak with this Prime Dragon Keeper deck. Pretty fun if you like aggro. Thinking that it may need a 2nd staircase to try to get dragon keeper more consistently, but it has been working so far, so eh.

Also 2478 Nep doesn't seem as good as I thought it would be, but I guess Nep decks usually take a while to fine tune. I want to try commander sword next, but I'm missing quite a few legendaries for it.

Szadek

Congrats, mayne!
Now you just need to get that Dorothy-action!

edit: That premium telescope looks pretty nice too!

I took a break pretty early last set and come back to find Golden Lion nerfed? What happened? Lion / Tea Time or something?
I've got two and Iooking to dust something for more hot sneks.

Otherwise, Witch looks like a lot of fun this set!
Neutral haven was the strongest deck after the second set of nerfs, because it could crazy explosive on turn 4-6.
Most decks couldn't handle that, but CBlood was a pretty good counter.

Since my last deck idea was a massive faliure, I'm now playing control sword, featuring Leonidas, Roland and Alexander.
Roland is basically a tech card, but I'm not sure what I'm actually teching against lol.
Regardless, she saved mea few times ,so she can stay.
I don't have Barbarossa , nor Gewain, but they should be quit good.
Lux is awesome and basically a 3 three of in anything, but aggro.

Qurupeke

I'm close to 20000 vials now (thanks Alice, Lion and Eachtar) and I'm really looking forward to building a new deck. Got a bit lucky(?) with my SFL Legendaries and I now have 3 copies of Aether of the White Wing. I didn't plan to play Havencraft but maybe I should.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just like how I got 3x Alice last expansion, I've ended up with 3x Barbarossa out of 5 legs total. I suppose I'm making a Support Cannon control deck and just lose to Ramp haha.

Dang, I tried to play super aggro sword today to try to quickly climb the 2000ish points I need to get to top 10k masters for the reward, but I barely managed a 50% winrate lol. Oh well, it's just 10 packs. That's what I get for not playing much this month.

Gonna get started on trying to make tempo forest work for me, as well as try out other fun deck ideas I have like ptp shadow. Also still need to do all those new story chapters.

Pooya

I'm playing my huuuge pile of arena tickets, I have like 15 left, probably stop buying packs and go infinite now. Take Two is a lot better now, it feels balanced and fun after a long time. Mr. Moon card is very good addition to arena, it helps you not lose to cheese like aegis, spawn or bahamut that easily. I see it offered every run so far, probably because of set bonus or something. I suggest if you see it pick it, it's probably one of the best neutral cards to draft. I feel sword is a bit too strong still, their new cards are too good. Haven has been poor but I feel even forest is viable now. So far got 3 5 win runs and my worst run was 3 wins with haven. Getting 4 wins very easily now.

I didn't get daria, but I opened a Lion and an Alice from these arena runs, pretty good. You can win SFL packs from arena too.

As for constructed, that super aggro forest deck seems really good, takes skill and it's fun to play. I like it, Liza wrecks dshift and dragon just fine. Elf song combined with Liza feels broken, not many things answer that board turn 5. Still no where as bad as Alice was.

Pooya

Sword doesn't need Albert to win anymore.

turn 1 1/1 storm or 1/2
turn 2 2/1 rush
turn 3 2/2 storm
turn 4 slacker
turn 5 round table assembly into 2x Juliet
turn 6 wow you're not dead yet? Alwida's command.

nice game.

I can see either Juliet or Round table being on first nerf list. Probably slacker thing too, that card is effectively better than windgod or cynthia lol.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
justin wong staryed playing this, I got to be his third human opponent. went 1-2, could not lay down enough aggro, he plays 3 seraphs in his havencraft deck :(

Pooya

I finally hit master yesterday, so now I have 3 months to get grandmaster by getting 25k points? How hard is that? seems easy.

Pooya

The card draw in this game is getting crazy out of hand. I guess that's going to be the sin of this set. It is too good now in some classes.

Just got dshifted on turn 7 btw with them at 2 hp. Bu but aggro beats dshift.

Luigi87

So it seems like PDK Dragon is heading the meta due to the unexpected (prior to exp release) of it slotted into Ramp, along with Aggro Sword.

Luigi87

Dragon is forever braindead cancer :D

It kills me. I like Dragon, but every time it rises up (TotG, SL) it's not for good reason... And much like TotG, it's largely a two-class meta, rather than an ideal three...

At least this time it wasn't like Cygames was aiming for PDK to be this massive bomb since they're finally past doing that with legendaries, but a month is still a long time.

Being said, I'mma try and ride this wave. PDK was a safe craft for me either way, and if it gets nerfed I get refunded (and I still have like 20k vials banked)

Luigi87

Now if only I could get my friend back into the game. She loved Dirt Rune back in DE and RoB, but fell out of the game with TotG.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Now if only I could get my friend back into the game. She loved Dirt Rune back in DE and RoB, but fell out of the game with TotG.

Yeah dirt rune finally became a real thing with the last set, I avoided rune because phase and daria were both lame and borring as hell but now that dirt is kicking I play it pretty regularly

It sucks that PDK got channeled into ramp though, I rather them nerf stuff like sybil than pdk super hard. It finally made rush dragon a possible viable thing.

I want them to make discard dragon not crap though, but once that actually works it might be too good lol

Pooya

I'm sure sword is going to get nerfed this month. Sword really is brain dead and one dimensional. My hope is that they gut Albert so that sword goes in another direction but it's not happening. They will nerf Juliet to 4. It's just a strictly better novice trooper right now and you play 6 of them basically now with added bonus that you can pull 2 of them from your deck at 5. Juliet will go to 4 with the upside that can be played for 2 in properly built commander decks. That makes sense to me.

PDK I think is very counterable and reasonable. Sword though, they go first and you have a slightly sub optimal hand you lose fast... I think there is probably like 20 percent gap for the deck's winrate going 1st/2nd, that's just unhealthy and toxic.

Luigi87

I wish Discard Dragon would be a better supported thing. They tried with RoB, it didn't pan out, then they just abandoned it... Meanwhile we still get Aldos as a leader card, lol

fertygo

PDK deck is awesome.. would wish its wont got over nerfed late month

Not sure they gonna nerf Juliet, they will just change round table had to summon 2 different commander and I also would like a nerf to CoCK the bane knight is bullshit

Szadek

PDK deck is awesome.. would wish its wont got over nerfed late month

Not sure they gonna nerf Juliet, they will just change round table had to summon 2 different commander and I also would like a nerf to CoCK the bane knight is bullshit
I hate PDK. It's hard to kill and once it's on the field and they can easily clear board every turn.
They should remove the can't be attacked part, reduce it's health or both.

Your idea for a roundtable nerf sonds good. As for CoCK, I think reducing thier health for 3 to should do the trick.
Although, I'm not sure if it really needs a nerf.

Gurrry

started playing about a week ago and love the game. reminds me a bit of Force of Will.

trying to make some budget decks but dont wanna vial out an entire classes cards. decisions!

Qurupeke

Man, the last few days have been really bad and I didn't realize when it happened. The vast majority of the matches are PDK, with the occasional Aggro Sword to annoy me even more. I've finalized my Shadowcraft deck and it feels useless 90% of the time because I'm already dead by the time I can actually counter attack. Today it's even worse than 2 days ago actually...

Gurrry

lol just ran into that stupid havencraft card that lets you just "win the game" off of a countdown.

i hatttteeeee shit like that in card games. why make cards that literally make it so that you dont have to play the game? takes out all strategy. guess i have to run amulet removal in all decks now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
lol just ran into that stupid havencraft card that lets you just "win the game" off of a countdown.

i hatttteeeee shit like that in card games. why make cards that literally make it so that you dont have to play the game? takes out all strategy. guess i have to run amulet removal in all decks now.

Nah your goal is to just kill them before they can get it off, your goal with the game is to typically either run a shit ton of control or try to win the game by turn 6-8, destroying the card just helps them btw you need to banish it and there are not many viable ways to do that.

Top Bottom