• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero update and Backer Surveys and Reward Lockdown!

For the people that backed Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. A pretty important update.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time For Some Leg Work!

ATTENTION! This update contains important info regarding PLEDGE PAYMENTS and REWARD LOCK DOWN ON AUG 17th
First, say hello to a new foe!

y3TPlTF.png

We’ve got a brand new enemy to show off today, Bonelegs, the 2nd backer-created enemy by Matt M.P. Matt’s idea was to have a large arachnid that could respond to direct attacks, and strike upwards at players who attempt to leap out of range. The design began with some very icky and more traditional giant spider shapes, and then evolved into something like a were-spider. We worked with Matt to make sure that this spider would complement Shantae’s Spider Form (which is still a work in progress). When players encounter this creature in-game, the powerful front legs will mash together to form a shield, which players will need to work around if they hope to strike at its weak spots. The arms will also be able to pierce upwards to catch overhead heroes unawares. Don’t take this enemy lightly! We’d like to extend a huge thank you to Matt P. for bringing his vision to Half-Genie Hero!

Attack on Scuttle Town!

Since E3 the team has begun working on our first world in the game, Scuttle Town Main Street. This isn’t the same hub of activity where NPCs wander (Scuttle Town Square), but rather the action–packed variety as seen in the openings of the original Shantae (Game Boy Color) and Pirate’s Curse. For the first time ever, Scuttle Town’s Main Street will be a fully explorable environment, with secret areas accessible by using various transformations. The design is a true return to form, with Tinkerbats looting and pillaging, cannonballs firing from Risky’s ship, ambushes, scimitars, rowboats, flaming cocktails... you know, pirate stuff! Check out the concepts... this is going to be awesome!

Backer Surveys and Reward Lockdown!
Now, down to some Backer Business. We need to cover a few crucial items with you:

SURVEYS:

Remember those surveys we sent out a few months back? We’re still missing input from roughly 60% of you. We need to know stuff like T-Shirt sizes, platform of choice... miscellaneous info that is required for getting some of these rewards in motion. Please check your inboxes and/or spam filters! If you’re concerned and can’t find an email, worry not. We’ll reach out again in a new email (via BackerKit) in a few days. And, you can always reach us at support@wayforward.com

CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT:

First off, thank you very much for backing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero! We couldn’t have done any of this without you!

Due to the fact that we extended funding and enabled additional copies to be purchased through BackerKit, those who backed or added additional copies via BackerKit will need to make sure you have sufficient funds in your accounts by August 17th. Funds will be captured when we lockdown the reward tiers.

For those of you who made your donation through Kickstarter or Paypal, your money has already been processed, you just need to make sure you’ve answered your survey questions.

If you have any questions regarding your funds or survey answers, please contact support@wayforward.com

LOCKDOWN ON GOODS:

This will also occur on August 17th. Please complete your reward surveys and lock in your T-Shirt sizes, platform of choice, and any other information specific to your reward tier. Changes cannot be made after we lockdown the reward tiers--unless you contact support@wayforward.com. Thank you!

RELEASE DATES:

We do not have a firm release date for the game yet because game development is going full speed and each day provides new challenges. However, it is likely the game will release in two "rounds" to relieve pressure on the development team because of the technical hurdles multiple platform launches entail. Steam/PC, PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One are in “Round 1”, and PS3, Xbox 360, and Vita are in "Round 2." We are confident that the time between rounds will be relatively short in game development terms (1-3 months, again only an estimate) and we wanted to be up front with you, the backers, about our plan in case it had some bearing on which version of the game you want to pick. Please keep in mind these plans are still tentative and are subject to change.

BACKER BUILDS:

If you’ve pledged at a tier that includes Backer Builds, you are able to choose any platform for the final version of the game, you’re not limited to PC. Don't worry, you’re not locked in to Steam/PC just because you received the code for the E3 2015 demo on Steam!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1313176

J-Spot

Somehow I missed the survey the first time they sent it out. Now that I've claimed m PS4 copy I hope we hear a release date announced soon!

TheOGB

Banned
Looked alright I thought. Or is it just an arachnophobia thing?
The latter. Although the anxiety sure made mashing the attack button easier!

Based on this finalized guest enemy I expect I'll be able to handle it decently thanks to the more cartoony artstyle. It'd be nice not having to go through another boss fight through squinted eyes. :p

Wow, kinda surprising to hear over 60% of people having responded to the Survey yet. The Mighty No 9 thread I believe said about 50% are still unanswered.

I know real life gets in the way, but I wonder if it's people who either don't care about the rewards, or simply forgot? Wondering what they do in case they don't hear back, probably default to a PC version?

Syril

Wow, kinda surprising to hear over 60% of people having responded to the Survey yet. The Mighty No 9 thread I believe said about 50% are still unanswered.

I know real life gets in the way, but I wonder if it's people who either don't care about the rewards, or simply forgot? Wondering what they do in case they don't hear back, probably default to a PC version?

I can say for MN9 something on their end screwed up, because I never even got a survey, and my emails to them were never even answered.

mankoto

Part of the 60% here. I honestly completely I forgot until I saw this thread. I never look through my e-mails. Thankfully they just sent out a reminder so it was waiting right on top.

Now then, a Vita copy is mine. Might buy the PC version to play it a bit early though.

Moraizen

Still undecided about which platform to get it. Anyone know if there are any differences between the Wii U and PS4 versions?

Bladenic

For me, it's a matter of having used my yahoo mail which I never check and forgetting about this game. I'll check it now though.

And that spider enemy sounds annoying as shit, thanks Matt! At this rate the game sounds like it may not even make 2015.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anyone know if it'll end up being cross buy for PlayStation performs? I'm not sure if I want it on PS4 or Vita.

August 17th and the lockdown is almost here.
Instead of making a new topic. I'll post these mini updates here:
-----------------------------------------------------

Mini updates
REMINDER! PLEDGE FUNDS and REWARD LOCKDOWN will occur AUGUST 17th!

Thank you for the big push! We’re getting close, but we still have 2,600 backers who need to complete their surveys.

If you haven’t completed your survey, please do so now! We will be locking down the survey responses on August 17th as well as collecting funds pledged in BackerKit. This means you will be unable to change your answers on your survey after this date. To make any updates after August 17th, 2015 you will need to contact support@wayforward.com.

Europe, Australia and New Zealand backers!
Some of you have asked about how download codes work in various regions. If you are in Europe, Australia or New Zealand, please make sure you chose a code that will work for your region:

Wii U backers - If you are in Europe and your eShop is EU you will need to select Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Wii U – PAL/EU to get a game code that will work correctly.

If you are in Australia and your eShop is AUS/NZ you will need to select Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Wii U – AUS/NZ to get a game code that will work correctly.

PS3/PS4/Vita backers - If you are in Europe, Australia, Africa or New Zealand or your PSN Store front falls under a different territory than NTSC/US North America—you will need to select Shantae: Half-Genie Hero PSVita – PAL/EU or Shantae: Half-Genie Hero PS4 – PAL/EU or Shantae: Half-Genie Hero PS3 - PAL/EU.

Thank you and see you in the next full update!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday Tinkerbackers!!!

We’re seeing this question a lot and wanted to provide some clarification!

Due to all of our wonderful backers being spread out amongst Kickstarter, PayPal, and BackerKit, we had to find one system that included everyone. We opted to go with BackerKit—which means you will not get a survey through Kickstarter. Instead you’ll need to fill out the one located on BackerKit, which you can access here: https://shantae-half-genie-hero.backerkit.com/backer/welcome

Most of you have done this already, but some may be waiting for a Kickstarter survey that will never come! We are very sorry for the inconvenience of the new system and thank you for your patience while we get these final surveys answered.

Looking forward to hearing from you and we’ll see you next update!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/updates

Top Bottom