• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaq believes in a flat earth. Edit: Claims he doesn't believe in a flat earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

So Flat Earthers must not believe artificial satellites exist, right? How does GPS work? Simple question.

I want to know how they think the sun works. And how it is possible that it is light in some places in the world right now, and dark in others. Shouldn't it be light everywhere if the earth is flat?

Wtf is this? You are throwing away tons of real evidence, ships traveling the oceans use calculations for a GLOBE earth to reach their destinations and have been doing so for CENTURIES
People travelled empty deserts by mapping the stars and figuring out, the earth is a sphere.
YOU USE A FUCKING GPS IN YOUR GOOGLE MAPS BECAUSE THERE IS FUCKING SATELLITE IN ORBIT

Read science books you dumb ass. Stop posting.

Fucking Savage.

AHindD

If there's one thing this thread has done, is its added an extra notch to my ignore list.
Fuck me, its scary that some people (1 person in particular) are breathing the same air as me.

believe me i scoffed and laughed as well... until i looked into it, as well as many others.

hqJVulQ.gif

sCWfECJ.gif

antarctic.jpg
Most of your bubbles are plain and simple debris drifting with the same speed as the astronauts and the ISS and are visible for the camera because the sun is shining on them. The same things exactly happens on earth too.

The center of gravity of the "falling" person is still smoothly going downwards like he did before he moved his legs.

Hypron

This guy is absolutely insane. Disregarding literally thousands of years of science and most importantly all common sense in favour of crackpot theories.

Either that or he's just a master troll. His dedication to his craft would be impressive.

a very common question. just because governments of the world are all doing this means that it can't be faked? other governments cant be colluding to be in on the lie? its a lie thats been going on for 500+ years. and yes, governments collude. have to get out of the nation/state paradigm that they propagate.

everything that you know about this globe was told to you by governments.

Why in the fuck would the United States and the Soviet Union collude on this supposed grand conspiracy during The Cold War? The Space Race was a thing, you probably weren't alive to experience it but it actually happened.

How has there not been any real classified information leaked about this flat Earth revelation? If you haven't been paying attention to the news lately (and I surely doubt you have), government officials aren't exempt from having loose lips.

To finally dispel this notion once and for all, why haven't one of you flat Earth heroes gone undercover at NASA or other parts of the government to expose this big secret? You would be famous and regarded as a hero for finally sticking it to the governments and leaders of the world as well as known for delivering the truth to all of us naysayers. What government officials are given this information of a flat Earth? Does the president know? What about the other countries?

How does GPS exist?

Have you ever looked at this from a mathematical standpoint? Do you just not understand it? Did you attend college?

At what point do the governments of the world decide that the coverup has gone on long enough and that it's time to go to space for real? With all of this technology that surrounds us do you not believe this is even possible?

You've ignored other posters in this thread that have shown it's possible to view a space shuttle docking with the ISS. Why haven't you tried the same thing? If you really wanted to shut down the existence of satellites and whatnot, why don't you prove to yourself that they aren't there?

Mods: Can I call this guy a fucking idiot? I really want to call him a fucking idiot.

i will admit that was a nonsense thread. i obviously no longer adhere to what i stated from years ago.

Just wait until a couple of years from now when you look back at this thread.

How do flat earthers explain different climates? Like, why would tha artic, right in the center of a flat earth, be one of the coldest places on the planet?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Wait, do flat earthers explain gravity by claiming the disc is accelerating upwards at g?
If so, that can easily be disproved by showing g is not exactly the same on every point on earth - it varies slightly with altitude, for example - and this should have caused the disc to be ripped apart.

Kinyou

am i the only one that feels that flat earthers are onto something?

there is evidence of NASA faking spacewalks, interviews with astronauts on the alleged ISS doing somersaults but they're actually on harnesses. interviews with astronauts where they are literally talking out of their ass and bullshitting.

as for the motivations of lying to the public as to the shape of the Earth, the purpose is to promote a nihilistic belief system thats being propagated to the masses through the media and education system. and yes, its been going on for centuries. lie long enough and its no longer something you question but a fact.

many that try to debunk the flat earth come away with more questions than answers. in the end, you're relying on government institutions and agencies for answers.

What's nihilistic about a round earth? I find a a flat earth a lot more depressing. Also, what is the reason to promote a nihilistic belief system? And aren't there better ways to do that than inventing a round earth? Also why is every single country that went to space in on that?

Oare

Like, why would tha artic, right in the center of a flat earth, be one of the coldest places on the planet?

Because... There's ice and ice is cold, I suppose?
I mean, the entire flat earth schtick is based upon mistaking consequences for causes, so...

EloKa

many that try to debunk the flat earth come away with more questions than answers. in the end, you're relying on government institutions and agencies for answers.

We know since almost 2500 years (Aristoteles) that the earth is not flat due to common sense, math and observeration.
Not because of some government institutions or agencies.

Science is a lie. This YouTube video is way more reputable than some established theories or whatever you sleepers like to call them.

Is the earth so flat that flat-earthers have no hills to climb?

Have you?

Your claims are logically inconsistent. On one hand, you are proclaiming that we can trust neither academia nor the government. However, you are still placing your faith in other people: the unnamed "people" you just refered to here.

If you want to prove that the curvature of the Earth is a lie, it should be simple: film yourself making the measurements necessary for the calculation and show us your math. The math itself is simple: you could learn it and do the calculations in a day. If the Earth was flat, you could prove us all wrong in a few hours of work.

So if you want people to take you seriously, stop posting gifs you got from other people and put in some science. Maybe you will learn something from the effort.

I'm shocked this hasn't been replied to. Shocked.

I want to know the percentage of people really believeing in this shit and people that invent and bend facts for fun just to see how stupid human beings can be.

BunnyBear

i started looking into 'conspiracy' years back. a lot of pitfalls and disinfo and shillery was present. clearly during that time i fell into that trap.

Flat Earth is the grandest conspiracy of all time, and it will continue to persist in the ensuing years. It's not going to go away. It will continue to be mocked, castigated and ridiculed.

I would definitely suggest that everyone at least look into it. Do your own research without relying on government sources / institutions.

lmao best comment yet.

This is obvious, but you were horrifically wrong and off-track with the moon structures thing. What makes you think you're right this time? Clearly you're susceptible to a conspiracy theory or two, and some people are more prone to be sucked into these anti-government theories more than most. I think you'll be making the same apology post in a few years time.

This is seriously not funny

Can flat earth trolls just disappear please?

You do far more damage than good in these trying times of misinformation

Once space tourism becomes affordable I hope all these assholes can shut the fuck up for good this time

I want to know how they think the sun works. And how it is possible that it is light in some places in the world right now, and dark in others. Shouldn't it be light everywhere if the earth is flat?

Their theory is that the sun is actually pretty small and fairly close to the earth- and rotates in a circle over parallel to the flat earth, so that it illuminates part of it at a time. This would account for Erasthomes' shadows (which also work if the sun were huge and bright but very far away casting light on a round earth).

Such a sun would start small at dawn and get larger as it moved closer overhead and then get smaller as it moved towards dusk.

A distant sun cast light on a round earth would mostly stay the same size dawn to dusk, but atmospheric conditions in conjunction with a round earth could make it appear larger at dawn and dusk.

If only there were a way to observe the sun moving across the sky so we could tell which was which.

Foshy

what confuses me the most about flat earth conspiracies is

why would "the government" even want to hide the truth

there's pretty much nothing to gain from making ppl believe the form of the earth is different than it actually is

so much effort for nothing

Apath

I like how conspiracy theorists grasp onto every minor detail that could possibly even hint at their claim being real while ignoring countless pieces of evidence to the contrary.

There are millions of people who study the Earth and verify it is round, we have photographs from space, amateur video taken from balloons, mathematics and physics, etc. All of that means nothing in the face of some gifs showing specs on camera in space, a treaty, and God knows what else.
what confuses me the most about flat earth conspiracies is

why would "the government" even want to hide the truth

there's pretty much nothing to gain from making ppl believe the form of the earth is different than it actually is

so much effort for nothing
To hide The Truth!

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
If anyone wants any more backdrop on the current Flat Earth movement thats taking social media by storm check out this video.

And no, I don't consider this a source. It's one guy's thoughts on Flat Earth, and his initial attempt to debunk it but could not.

Sit back, relax, and see the craziness of the FE movement thats growing.

call me crazy, call me retarded, call me insane. its still an interesting story whats taking hold right now.

ehh not at all. i provided ample video footage of 'space' anomalies.

The only proof I need is you can fly around the earth. Is this explained in any flat earth theory? You'd have to have pacman map physics to justify that in any flat earth theory.

Vagabundo

Just read up on some of the links around the net the whole Flat Earth thing is closer to a religion or cult than anything rational.

People seem to believe what they believe, most of the actual science is glossed over and the holes filled in with conspiracy theory. It's actually a little sad.

It's clearly Egyptian sun god riding over the flat earth

Rob Bullen, amateur astronomy enthusiast who captured this pic of the shutte docking with ISS is clearly a government plant
shuttle_1838383c.jpg

I've been thinking about taking one of his relatives hostage to force him to admit his gov. ties, but the gov. mind wipes it's pawns to maintain deniability (they have a serum that makes you tell the truth, why couldn't they have a serum that makes you tell a lie?

That's an awesome shot; can't believe I've never tried this with my telescope.

the problem with conspiracy theories is that they are a house of cards

for them to work you would prefer less people to be in on it then more

in our current leaker culture i cant imagine any plot to hold up except the most powerful and secretive and even then some people just decide to go rogue

how the fuck man. government conspiracies dont hold water due to sheer economics, fatigue, and hundreds of other factors alone

its it quite simply simple. its not worth it to create this stupid shit

rjinaz

California Moon:

Antartica Moon

CLEARLY the moon is a hologramphic image that changes as you move around it, just like holograms in real life

I mean CLEARLY everyone in the southern hemisphere is a liar and posts flipped moon shots on purpose since 100 years ago because that's not how the moon REALLY looks

Or is it ME that's unknowingly part of the conspiracy embracing the dark side up moon hoax and tricking my fellow southern hemisphere skeptics by posting MY pictures?!?!

I didn't see this post responded to. How do flat earthers get around the moon being reversed on the opposite side of the planet?

Round Earth is just a conspiracy by Big Globe so we have to buy their overpriced 'spheres' (actually rectangular prisms, have an open mind) instead of circular and flat maps.

I feel like we are feeding a troll and if he isn't trolling, I'm prepared to weep inside.

I have a co-worker who sounds exactly the same and it is an honestly held belief. She is also anti-vaxx and believes in chemtrails.

It makes me incredibly sad and angry. I'm not sure why people being wrong about these things makes me angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom