• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

shaving while black

PixelatedBookake

Yes I'm glad this thread got bumped. I finally picked up a trimmer for my beard and shower in the blessing. Add some bump stopper to the equation, and voila?

cordy

Banned
head clippers and skin tight ointment

bump fighter safety razors are nice with the right gel/soap though. used those for years after I discovered them.

Yeah. I just use a razor and then the skin tight ointment and I don't have bumps. Been this way for years and so far so good but I wanna try the Bevel out.

PixelatedBookake

Which trimmers did you get and what's your technique?

You brothers need to start sharing more info!

Recently bought the WAHL All-in-one rechargeable groomer($20.00). I used Barbasol Shaving Cream($4.00) for sensitive skin to lather up, shaved using the razor and alchoholed up afterwards. Then I used the high time Bump Stopper($4.00) to seal the deal. That was Monday and I have yet to get a razor bump.

I'm on the tail end of fixing this issue right now. Disposable razors and trimmers weren't cutting (heh) it for me so I switched to wet shaving with a safety razor.

Once I got my Prep/lather, blade choice, and technique down I haven't had any issues since. It took a few pretty bad shaves to get where I am now but it was completely worth it.

TalonJH

Get an electric shaver and just give up on shaving super close or learn to use a straight razor which seems to work a little better with the right skin treatment.

Edit: I need to look into a pair of Andis Outliner. Thanks Gaf.

Top Bottom