• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue Community Thread | Still lookin' for sailors

Its gonna be so awesome experiencing the live stream with all of you. While the chances of a Shenmue announcement are slim, experiencing the event as a community will definitely put a smile on my face.

IrishNinja

ugh, i'm gonna be stuck at work, too...gonna try my best to break away & find a PC before 5p!

1394641490030.jpg

Pyrrhus

Expect nothing, friends. If nothing is announced, you aren't disappointed. If the extremely unlikely occurs, it can be a surprise.

Expect nothing, friends. If nothing is announced, you aren't disappointed. If the extremely unlikely occurs, it can be a surprise.

Pfft, expect nothing? We have for the first time in a long time a legitime shot of something actually happening! I’m definitely going in expecting something, but at the same time I’m not gonna cry a river if nothing gets announced. Sure I’ll absolutely be disappointed, but I’m willing to feel that disappointment for the sake of having some hope. Anyway, for me it will start at 8:00am...so I’ll be setting my alarm. No way in hell am I missing this! If something was to be announced and I missed it live after all these years of waiting and imagining it in my head I’d be devastated. Also, another thread absolutely must be made for the stream.

Synth

you sure? we got the link in the OP now, if there's no major announcements it's just gonna invite drive-by shitting on it

Yea I agree. When it turns out to be nothing but crushed hopes, we're going to need each others support in here. I'll be way too fragile to survive a more open thread, lol.

You guys are no fun. With this much potential I think it deserves its own thread. It’s big news no matter what the outcome might be.

And having a separate thread for possibly some crazy megaton reactions would be great.....Shenmue deserves the extra spotlight.

Anteater

hmm, Shenmue VR tech demo would make a lot of sense though

Reuse old assets, add new lighting/shadows and post processing effects, let people run around and interact with objects and play arcades.

flozuki

Hahaha, Hype level is rising, good feeling, even if we get nothing like an announcement ^^

Looking forward to the speech of Yu Suzuki about the creation of Shenmue =)

ajim

I have a little hype, but I always do. And there is always some hope that Shenmue will get a new release.

However, hindsight is a powerful thing, and my hindsight tells me getting too excited will only lead to me being more disappointed.

I agree with the people saying this is a post-mortem. Just talking about Shenmue as it was.

And after that post about Shenmue HD and Skies of Arcadia HD being canned due to low sales of Nights and Jet Set Radio... I don't have much hope.

I really hope we don't get the typical Yu Suzuki response to Shenmue 3.

"It circumstances are right, i really would like to make it" or starts to tilt his head suspiciously. etc etc

I've been burned so many times from getting hyped over Shenmue that I'm going to keep my expectations in check this time. Just going to be excited for an interesting talk about the development of the game now.

Jomjom

Banned
I've been burned so many times from getting hyped over Shenmue that I'm going to keep my expectations in check this time. Just going to be excited for an interesting talk about the development of the game now.

This is very level headed and I hope everyone had this mindset. I don't want to see a bunch of itsfuckingnothing.gifs and "fuck that Cerny guy!" after the panel.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I'm going to the postmortem tomorrow even though it has nothing to do with the games I am working on! So excited to see what Yu Suzuki has to say. One of my favorite games ever, and such an incredible achievement at the time. I'll see if there are any good photo ops.

Am I working it out right that the postmortem will be 9pm GMT?

I'm going to the postmortem tomorrow even though it has nothing to do with the games I am working on! So excited to see what Yu Suzuki has to say. One of my favorite games ever, and such an incredible achievement at the time. I'll see if there are any good photo ops.

Be sure to ask about Shenmue HD, Shenmue 3, and Shenmue/ps4 :)

Whats all the commotion about? Been outa this thread for a few days. Just picked up near mint copy of 1 for my dcast. Havent had is in years.

Mr. RPG

Guys.

I just beat Shenmue II a few minutes ago for the first time. The last thing the game said was "The story goes on..."

I cried. I can't wait for tomorrow. I can't wait for Shenmue III. It's coming. The story must go on. It has to.

I'm so hyped.

Yu Suzuki will end tomorrow with "...and the story goes on in Shenmue III for PlayStation 4."

Maligna

Banned
I'm telling you guys, he's gonna announce a kickstarter for his spiritual Shenmue sequel. Ala Mega Man/Mighty No. 9.

sakipon

I'm telling you guys, he's gonna announce a kickstarter for his spiritual Shenmue sequel. Ala Mega Man/Mighty No. 9.

For Mega Man it works, it's similar enough. For Shenmue I think the story is too important... it might be more difficult for people to get attached to a replacement.

Top Bottom