• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue III Kickstarter Q&A streaming on Twitch

L2buPG1.gif

THIS. IS. AMAZING!

zeshakag

You know what might actually get this KS to $10m?

Yu Suzuki updating the KS page tomorrow saying "We have hired a new management team for this Kickstarter campaign."

Awesome Japan =/= Ys Net.

It's fair to be concerned, but just keep in mind that people managing these KS and stuff are by and large, people who will not be touching a single code of the game.

So who hired Awesome Japan? They're still responsible. There's more to making a game than coding

Crocodile

Important to note that the actual will be made by game development pros who worked on previous Shenmue games, not these clowns from Awesome Japan.

I think everybody understands that Awesome Japan aren't game developers. But people still want this project to get as much money as possible for development yes? Their experience/competence will have a direct effect on that which in turn will affect how many scretch goals are hit and how big this game becomes.

AniHawk

The main crux of it is that Awesome Japan isn't experienced or competent enough in the first place to be managing this.

Tldr; Yu Suzuki chose the wrong agency to manage this project.
i think suzuki only knows poor management when it comes to this series.

Boke1879

Floundering relative to their goals, not compared to other kickstarters. Clearly, these guys did this well based on E3, and the rabid fanbase, not due to how well this guy seems to be running things. The reward tiers are out of whack, and so are the stretch goals. Bloodstained was run much better than this.

I am a massive fan of Shenmue and am contributing 500$ which is the most ive ever paid for a KS or a game at all. Still this guy gives me great pause.

Dude no matter what. This game was NEVER going to hit 10 million. Realistically everyone should have had their expectations around 5 million. I can see it hitting a bit more though.

Going by the numbers, it seems a lot of people are upping their pledges right now rather than a lot of new people showing up.

I think everybody in this thread feels this way LOL

I certainly do...suzuki san was like the miyamoto of SEGA, this is so sad he's been reduced to this.

Pyrrhus

I just keep hoping for Ben Judd to burst through the wall Kool-Aid Man fashion and rescue Yu.

Honestly who cares. They are asking the questions we want and we are getting the answers and the game is getting funded.

Are they? I can't hear shit.

Jomjom

Banned
Why are there so many Xbox One questions in chat? Why would you buy an Xbox One if you were at all interested in Japanese games?

It's really annoying as it drowns out the legitimate questions.

DavidDesu

Please Sony. I know I would be happy if you swooped in, funded this, and demanded PS4 console exclusivity. PLEASE. HELP THEM.

Crocodile

Honestly who cares. They are asking the questions we want and we are getting the answers and the game is getting funded.

I'm only getting answers through the chat or this thread. I can barely hear anything! I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people (who may be interested but aren't Shenmue super fans and thus have to be sold on the Kickstater) saw this, thought "why is this stream so bad" and bailed.

Then hire someone who does! This is not a valid defense for this

Unless someone like say, Sony, swoops in to take control of the KS's management, it's way too late for that already.

Firing Awesome Japan is one thing.

Hiring someone capable to immediately take control of it, the coordination, planning, etc. All of these are time-consuming things on its own, never mind hurdles like negotiation with another marketing agency and other potential issues.

If this was a 60-day KS, there might be a chance for that. But with only 20 or so days left, kicking out A.Japan will do more bad than good, because clearly Ys Net don't have the skills to manage it on their own.

<- Worked in marketing in project coordination and management. Trust me, this shit is WAY, WAY more complicated than it sounds.

Top Bottom