• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue III Kickstarter Q&A streaming on Twitch

IrishNinja

I think a lot of the money made just now is from the new Vintage Grab Bag tiers.

dying to see what's in em

I feel like this stream is the possible proof that they don't have a bunch of big corporate backers supporting them.

oh yeah, that's another plus - this is way too Between Two Ferns for anything sony funded

The dude on the right is like a living, breathing Shenmue character. It's great

"Can you tell me where to find some sailors?"

"Sailors? Yeah sailors, alright, yeah, sailors, alright"

...everything makes sense now

I am actually excited for the Kung FU development stuff

I still don't understand technique scroll

did they say certain scrolls would be QTE's? that's new

Listen to this podcast, it pretty much explains it all.

Long story short, Awesome is WAY over their heads.

if there was any doubt about this, tonight has removed it

shiyrley

Banned
They are supposed to be explaining the stretch goals, but they don't even explain then that well...

- How's the infiltration mission?
- IT'S EASY TO PLAY!

...okay?
L2buPG1.gif
Late :p http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170016851&postcount=441

Crocodile

Going by the numbers, it seems a lot of people are upping their pledges right now rather than a lot of new people showing up.

So I'm not the only one wondering what the hell I'm watching, right? The volume, the flickering, the guy tweaking on the right? This is not me be hypercritical when I say this is not the level of quality we expected or deserve, yes?

I think everybody in this thread feels this way LOL

J2 Cool

Man.. Would love to get to the additional fighting system stuff. Plus Choubu and Bailu expanded.. It would be weird to have one expansive town, while the others aren't. Especially if its like the first town or something.

Weird thing is, I kind of want no spoilers and no information. Kind of strange with the Shenmue series being so kept under wraps as it has been, and left to imagination.

I'm glad the new tiers are getting grabbed, but they need to revamp the lower tiers too. Most of the kickstarter will be funded sub $150.

Andrefpvs

what if he's performing some sort of obscure body hypnotism in order to get us all to pledge absurd amounts to the kickstarter

I'm not even watching yet but saw there were new tiers so I icreased my pledge to the 1,000 tier. Have they mentioned any rewards mentioned in the survey?

Well the stream provided quite the significant funding boost. Even if it's just temporary it seems to have injected some energy in to the campaign when energy was desperately needed at this point. Running some quick calculations the new rewards have boosted funding by 26K in the last thirty minutes or so? Shenmue 3 has been tracking at 25K over an entire day for three or four days now. Their efforts tonight basically doubled their current day's funding. They should surge past 3.7 million before the end of the night now. Good on them.

Also they seem to finally be answering the hard questions (PS4 physical version, Shenmue remasters) with some positive and encouraging answers.

Even with the ridiculousness of the stream it has been a powerful boost to the campaign. Far more powerful than the Reddit AMA.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Fuck, I hope that guy is only there for the stream and not actually in charge of anything related to the kickstarter.

Floundering? Please this KS is on track with others. This stream has actually helped lol. Most KS lose steam after the first couple of days. This stream will actually provide a boost.

Floundering relative to their goals, not compared to other kickstarters. Clearly, these guys did this well based on E3, and the rabid fanbase, not due to how well this guy seems to be running things. The reward tiers are out of whack, and so are the stretch goals. Bloodstained was run much better than this.

I am a massive fan of Shenmue and am contributing 500$ which is the most ive ever paid for a KS or a game at all. Still this guy gives me great pause.

Lightly skimming this thread it seems like Yu Suzuki should have found better people to run the Kickstarter and this stream. I feel bad for Yu. Regardless, Shenmue 3 is coming. Hoping for the best.

Top Bottom