• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue III to be published by Deep Silver, details for Gamescom meet and greet

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Shenhua's face makes me worry immensely about NPC's. If thats the level they've approached the 2nd most important character, god knows how generic Poser model-esque the rest of the cast are gonna look :/

kunonabi

Shenhua's face makes me worry immensely about NPC's. If thats the level they've approached the 2nd most important character, god knows how generic Poser model-esque the rest of the cast are gonna look :/

I'm not too worried about them since the other npc we saw looked pretty good. It's just Ryo and Shenhua giving them fits for some reason.

Spaghetti

Yeah the handful of NPCs we've been shown already are pretty good. Colourful, a little goofy, pretty distinctive. Obviously we've not seen all of them, but it's not like the first two games didn't have filler NPCs to round out the population a little.

Pensé

Neo Member

The Muscleman NPC (boss?) was pretty good. But I agree on your worries.

Spaghetti

But the middle one looks like Ryo and the other two don't, nothing to do with memory at all, it's in plain sight with your comparison.
See below:

Remember people have different perceptions. It is impossible for everyone to agree or disagree on the same thing.
Yip.

I'm a giant hypocrite because I did one myself, but this whole Photoshopping the model shit is like a path to madness at this point anyway.

Also, this second model looks amazing. Save for the jacket color. Now waiting for Shenhua to be fixed.
It's not even a second model, just a complimentary angle. Just goes to show first impressions aren't everything.

Untitled-2.jpg
Anyway, now I'm home from work I can have a good n' proper look at these new images out of whatever mixer at Gamescom they were taken at, but at a glance I can dig it.

The logo doesn't look that bad from a distance, but nothing beats the cursive, and the white caligraphy version of this weird new logo is better than the liquid gold version IMO. I don't think they're longed for this world, though. Fans will eventually prevail.

At the very least I want to see the cursive logo on my Kickstarter backer sleeve for the game.

Ryo is:
giphy.gif

There's still some proportional weirdness but the image on the standee makes it work more, I think. I'm excited to see it animated, actually.

Which hopefully will be the case tomorrow... :^)

Ryo looks much better and what I would expect in that poster shot, which gives me reassurance that Shenhua will look better in-game as well. My worries about the models are basically resolved at this point.

Still don't like that logo, and hope Suzuki hears that loud and clear from the fans. I worry that it's change was due to some trademark or legal issue created when Deep Silver signed on, and we are going to be stuck with it.

J2 Cool

I was fine with the E3 2015 logo, don't know why everyone complained. This is meh.

Also still not feeling the Ryo model, just make it feel/look like him. Still haven't captured him yet.

Spaghetti

The idea has been floated that the images from today are an event featuring a sneak preview screening of what's to come in the next few days...

There's a video of something playing in the other room in this image:

12BMBKv.jpg

celsowmbr

Banned
WHAT A RELIEF MY GOD !!!!

DHxy65uXoAQQXpt.jpg

Really guys I was very sad and depressive last week VERY !
But now I know that Ryo model is literally evolving and he is almost 100% what he deserves for next gens real time graphics !

Suzuki Yu

we already saw what other NPCs might look like and they look distinctive enough and full of personality...
Shenmue-3-New-Character.jpg

shenmue-iii-dev-report-3-05-29-17_78bf.jpg

Shenmue-3-June-Update_06-30-17_004.jpg

Shenmue-3-June-Update_06-30-17_005.jpg

Shenmue-3-June-Update_06-30-17_003.jpg

back to topic i am really pleased with everything i saw recently i can't wait for tomorrow's showcase.

Any word on when the dedicated Shenmue 3 Gamescom thread is going up Spaghetti? Just asking because we're less than 24 hours away from the reveal and/or potential footage.

Evidently the footage is being released simultaneously to backers, so I would assume it is a public showing.

Yeah, Spaghetti also asked the team recently and they said:

As for anything released at gamescom, it will be made immediately available for the public. No worries there!

Thanks much
Joel & the Shenmue III Team

So everything they show on Tuesday should be made public immediately at some point tomorrow night, if my math is correct.

Top Bottom