• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

ZdfRNPG.png

t57OM2yl.jpg

Sherlock: Series 3
Premieres January 1st, 2014 on BBC One
For all the Yanks (that do not mind waiting and didn’t find it by unsavory means), it premieres January 19th, 2014 on your local PBS station.

Created in 2010 by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss

Steven Moffat said:
”Conan Doyle's stories were never about frock coats and gas light; they're about brilliant detection, dreadful villains and blood-curdling crimes – and frankly, to hell with the crinoline. Other detectives have cases, Sherlock Holmes has adventures, and that's what matters.”

Wikipedia said:
The show was conceived by Moffat and Gatiss during train journeys to and from the Doctor Who production base in Cardiff, where they were both writers. They aspired to produce a modern-day version of Conan Doyle's stories in which Sherlock uses the technologies that are available to him today in order to help him solve crimes. Credited as co-creators, Moffat and Gatiss each write one episode per series, with the other written by Stephen Thompson. Hartswood Films produced the series for the BBC and co-produced it with WGBH Boston for its Masterpiece anthology series. The series is primarily filmed in Cardiff, although the production also uses a variety of other locations. North Gower St in London was used for exterior shots of Holmes and Watson's 221B Baker St residence.

Sherlock depicts "consulting detective" Holmes, assisting the Metropolitan Police Force, primarily Detective Inspector Greg Lestrade (Rupert Graves), in solving various crimes. Holmes is assisted by his flatmate, Dr John Watson, who has returned from military service in Afghanistan. Although the series depicts a variety of crimes and perpetrators, Holmes' conflict with his arch nemesis Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott) is a recurring feature. Pathologist Molly Hooper (Louise Brealey) assists Holmes in her laboratory. Other recurring roles include Una Stubbs as Mrs. Hudson, Holmes and Watson's landlady; and co-creator Mark Gatiss as Sherlock's brother, Mycroft Holmes.
After an unaired pilot in 2009, the first series of three 90-minute episodes was transmitted on BBC One and BBC HD in 2010, with a second series of three episodes first broadcast in 2012. Critical reception was extremely positive, with many reviews commending the quality of the writing, performances and direction. Sherlock has been nominated for numerous awards, including BAFTAs and Emmys, winning several across a variety of categories. All six episodes have been released on DVD and Blu-Ray Disc in the United Kingdom, alongside tie-in editions of some of Conan Doyle's original books. Soundtrack albums from seasons one and two have also been released.

xuZexVjl.jpg

Where did we leave off?

Two years. TWO YEARS! That is how long it has been since series 2 premiered, and close to that since it finished airing. We have had two years of waiting and speculation as to how
Sherlock faked his own death at the end of The Reichenbach Fall.
Spoilered for those coming LTTP

But wait, Moffat and Gatiss have a gift for us:
Jt8bjXKl.jpg

Not only are we getting a new series beginning on New Year’s Day, we are getting a Christmas present for our long wait and patience.

Airing on Christmas Day, we are getting a mini episode entitled Many Happy Returns

ibox8NhrrcwUQ4.gif

iDURiEv8qipYE.gif

enhanced-buzz-27979-1386180090-10.jpg

The Episodes

Because we are very spoiler conscious on here, the titles of the three episodes:
1) The Empty Hearse, written by Mark Gatiss
2) The Sign of Three, written by Steve Thompson
3) His Last Vow, written by Steven Moffat

Speaking of spoilers:
riversong_spoilers.gif

Spoilers are a very sensitive subject on GAF. Especially with a series like this.

Episode titles and descriptions should be considered spoilers, and tagged as such. Rumors and press releases should be treated the same way as well.

Once an episode has aired in the UK, it is fair game and should not be spoiler tagged. US viewers, tread in here at your own risk once you know it has aired in the UK!

Speculation is encouraged and welcome, and should NOT be spoiler tagged unless it contains information NOT presented in the show. So, if you saw something in an interview or a commercial and they show or mention something, SPOILER THAT STUFF!

Want to post major spoilers without tagging? Then this could happen.
tumblr_m0050kagiF1qe1nqu.gif

he-fell-out-of-a-window-o.gif

Or, to be a bit more tame:
rWYESyh.gif

jbanNIhl.jpg

Or Mycroft will send the government after you…

BBC One Trailer

The Blog of Dr. John H. Watson

And now, something for Fiction

rCxBTsw.gif

zjJFodU.gif

5PE0wnR.gif

WMXIY8t.gif

19hs9Yr.gif

SdBOX8M.gif

BTM

Watched seasons 1 and 2 earlier this year. Thankfully I don't have to wait as long as the rest of you. This show is phenomenal.

All in for this. Can't wait for both the special and the start of the new season.

Also, if browsing tumblr, beware that unmarked spoilers are floating around if you're searching tags. Same with people posting spoilers on twitter.

Omg smaug and bilbo reunited so soon. Can't wait.

I know everybody likes scandal the most out of series 2, but maan I really was impressed by reichenbach fall. It's the best directed of the lot and moriarty chews up those scenes nicely

Ogni-XR21

Can't wait! Wondering what the x-mas special will be about after all
it can't be John and Sherlock celebrating x-mas together...

Wes

venison crêpe
There's not many shows that make me want to watch it live any more. But this is one.

The hype has been unbelievable. I can't freaking wait.

tumblr_ly1hobWIRA1r4tf0g.gif

#TeamMolly

Joqu

I don't think I have posted in the older thread, but man am I looking forward to the new episodes immensely. The wait has been so painful.

And yes, Cumberbatch does have some nice cheekbones. *swoon*

Top Bottom