• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Mariolee

I believe that's like the 2nd most asked thing lol.

I need another Greg/Molly moment. I swear it's like the one ship nearly all of fandom adores - even the most diehard slash shippers lol.

I haven't watched Season 2 in awhile, but have Greg and Molly even had a full conversation with each other before?

I haven't watched Season 2 in awhile, but have Greg and Molly even had a full conversation with each other before?

It's mostly based around the interactions in Scandal - during the Christmas party. After all, both get torn to shreds by Sherlock and you kinda have to feel for two who are a bit unlucky in the love department. Also, it was actually Rupert Graves' unscripted shock/awe/oogle of Molly in the dress that basically set fandom off.

Quick

Banned
Can't say I like Anderson's beard in Many Happy Returns.

What's up with Moffat-run shows and shoddy-looking fake beards? Assuming it's fake, it looks a lot like the fake beard Matt Smith had for two episodes from series 6 of Doctor Who.
lol

I believe that's like the 2nd most asked thing lol.

I need another Greg/Molly moment. I swear it's like the one ship nearly all of fandom adores - even the most diehard slash shippers lol.

Greg/Molly is my 'plausible adorable ship'. Basically the only one that has a chance in hell of becoming canon hehe

There is a pretty large contingent of Sherlolly shippers though. :/ Most likely simply because they get to imagine themselves as Molly. Out of all the ships, that's the one that makes the least sense in my head.

Can't say I like Anderson's beard in Many Happy Returns.

What's up with Moffat-run shows and shoddy-looking fake beards? Assuming it's fake, it looks a lot like the fake beard Matt Smith had for two episodes from series 6 of Doctor Who.
lol

...but Anderson actually had a beard in the unaired pilot :/

Greg/Molly is my 'plausible adorable ship'. Basically the only one that has a chance in hell of becoming canon hehe

There is a pretty large contingent of Sherlolly shippers though. :/ Most likely simply because they get to imagine themselves as Molly. Out of all the ships, that's the one that makes the least sense in my head.

Sherlolly has never made sense to me in the fact that not only does he treat her like she doesn't exist, but that he only ever came to her because he needed something... It's the unrealized fairy tale aspect of it I think people cling to. Which is sad because Molly is a wholly-realized character and deserves better.

I'm still shipping The Woman and Sherlock because I've always secretly wanted to get beaten with a riding crop.

E8y7W.gif

BTW, my general ring tone is totally the title song.

ocMuzgD.gif

Though I do have two frequent callers set to the Angel theme, and 'I am the Doctor'.

My text noise is the Tardis Cloister Bell.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Rewatched A Study in Pink right now. SO GOOD.

Man, I'm so hyped. I'm going on a rewatch spree.

Prompto

Banned
I started my rewatch a couple days ago. Hounds of Baskerville wasn't as bad as I remember it, in fact it was quite good. It's still one of the weaker episodes but I would put it above The Blind Banker.

I started my rewatch a couple days ago. Hounds of Baskerville wasn't as bad as I remember it, in fact it was quite good. It's still one of the weaker episodes but I would put it above The Blind Banker.

Aww yiss, another believer in that Hounds > Blind Banker for the race to the bottom. :p

Again, even the weakest episodes of Sherlock are better than most shows out there. I stand by this as fact.

I just want more nods to the established canon. Like 'The game is on', but maybe a little less obvious.

Something like "I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go." would go well in the scenario of
The Empty Hearse
Or telling Watson how he could have figured out his death by observing better by saying "You know my method. It is founded upon the observation of trifles."

Basically I just want more winks and nods to the stories for those viewers who know the stories pretty well. :)

I just want more nods to the established canon. Like 'The game is on', but maybe a little less obvious.

Something like "I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go." would go well in the scenario of
The Empty Hearse
Or telling Watson how he could have figured out his death by observing better by saying "You know my method. It is founded upon the observation of trifles."

Basically I just want more winks and nods to the stories for those viewers who know the stories pretty well. :)

It would be pretty cool.

The Nicotine patches were a nice touch, also how they changed up the Baker Street Irregulars.

But other nods would be amazing.

It would be pretty cool.

The Nicotine patches were a nice touch, also how they changed up the Baker Street Irregulars.

But other nods would be amazing.

Baker Street Irregulars were very well done! I think they have done a great job in translating the victorian atmosphere into the modern environment. There is so much scope still left though...

"Data! Data! Data! I cant make bricks without clay"... so many possibilities for including this line while he is waiting for some police software to run and return the result. Or "I can never resist being a little dramatic" when he comes back from the dead!

Actually, I am pleasantly surprised and happy that Moffat and Gatiss have shown enough restraint to not cram the episodes with nods to the original stories. In my hands it would be 90 minutes of random throwbacks with Sherlock delivering a line, then looking at the camera and winking hehe.

I cant wait for the first episode. Have the critics seen it. Any reviews out yet?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
But...but...Anderson!

Who? See, I'm not a Sherlock superfan - I've only seen each episode once, when they first aired - so I had trouble remembering who the people were in the minisode (Watson and Sherlock being the exceptions, obv).

It'd have been waaay more frustrating if the show wasn't going to air so soon. Like if they did that teaser in July or something.

For sure. I'm fine with the minisode as is, because new episodes are just around the corner, but if they had released it a few months ago instead...ack!

Mariolee

Who? See, I'm not a Sherlock superfan - I've only seen each episode once, when they first aired - so I had trouble remembering who the people were in the minisode (Watson and Sherlock being the exceptions, obv).

He's the guy Sherlock shits on most of the time in the first episode of the first season. In the minisode though, he has a beard!!!

Top Bottom