• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Tugatrix

giphy.gif

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Hopefully they do something novel with it being set in olden times. I'd have thought Moffat would be done with victorian London after every other dr fucking who episode was set there.

-griffy-

Banned
Okay, so I'm thinking the conceit is that Watson is writing one of his blog entries about a case as if it was Victorian era and that is what we are seeing?

Newlove

They seem to be self-aware that they're in costume and playing a role - I wonder if that's a part of the overarching plot. A strange one indeed if that were the case, but Moffat always surprises.

Didn't they already say or at least strongly hint that this special wouldn't air until the holidays?

They've always hinted at the special being a Christmas special, so yes it'll most likely air close to the holidays. After all, we got Many Happy Returns on Christmas Day so one would hope they air the special around Christmas too.

tomtom94

So, someone has pointed out that all episodes of Sherlock so far have been a '12' rating.

And that the special is being listed on the BBC store as a '15+' rating.

Not sure how UK ratings work, but should I be scared?

Probably means very little. The BBFC ratings are a little bit weird (The Dark Knight is a 12, for instance). And it could just be filler, I remember there being so much speculation about the Daredevil rating according to Netflix before it aired and then it finally changed to its actual rating about two weeks beforehand.

Ah okay, so it will likely change before the airing.

It just made me wonder what they hell could bump the rating up, considering we've had violence, nudity (sorta), and cussing all along lol

More violent violence!

I'm thinking it might be related to Anderson's role in the special from those Setlock pics, since he had a leather apron on. Might possibly be hacking up corpses or something.

I mean, even with Molly, you'll see a brain in the bowl but you won't see the cadaver with the empty skull.

Vagabundo

So, someone has pointed out that all episodes of Sherlock so far have been a '12' rating.

And that the special is being listed on the BBC store as a '15+' rating.

Not sure how UK ratings work, but should I be scared?

It probably means Watson gives Serlock a bj...

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
if the special is at least two hours I'm gonna place my own arse on a seat asap

don't care how much it's gonna cost

All I really want is character development for the supporting cast, that's all.

* Rupert has supplied bits and pieces for his headcanon of Lestrade's story at both SHERLOCKED and SDCC, but I doubt we'll ever see it written.

* Sally has been a background character, like Anderson, yet she hasn't been fleshed out like Anderson. It sucks because so many "fans" hate her yet of all the cast, she is actually the one character who represents the skeptical non-Sherlock fan. She's been in every season yet there's absolutely nothing about her as a character.

* Molly has gotten a bit more development but sad that the most interesting tidbits are from her blog. Hell, she has a cat named Toby and likes Glee, but all we really know so far is was once engaged, dated Jim from IT and crushes on Sherlock.

* They've also had Dimmock, Gregson and referenced other Yarders but I'd like to see a few more or something...

I get that Sherlock is based mostly on. Sherlock and John, but really, I want established supporting characters to actually be characters, not just chewing scenery.

Seeing this thread bumped reminded me I still hadn't watched the last episode of Series 3, so I went on Netflix to watch it tonight. The episode reinforced my feelings of the first two of the Series 3, the show has gone wildly off the track and got stuck in its own ego. Really disappointed about it too, I enjoyed the first two series greatly.

Was this series generally liked by everyone?

raindoc

Seeing this thread bumped reminded me I still hadn't watched the last episode of Series 3, so I went on Netflix to watch it tonight. The episode reinforced my feelings of the first two of the Series 3, the show has gone wildly off the track and got stuck in its own ego. Really disappointed about it too, I enjoyed the first two series greatly.

Overall I liked it, but I have same issues with it like you (I think) - I prefer Sherlock solving crimes and hope they leave the "soapy" tone of S3 behind. S1 & S2 >>>>>>>>> S3, but S3 is still better than almost anything else on TV.

tomtom94

Funny, I thought the finale was the only episode that didn't get stuck up its own ass.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

it fell hard, for me, including the last episode. Self-referential and I'd say, even arrogant. Hoping S4 will tone down the frankly irritating, excessive humour and reciprocal dick-sucking

zoukka

I kinda avoided this show because all the fangirls (and how they hyped it) I know but I'm so glad I finally watched it. One of the best shows I've seen in a decade with True Detective.

Top Bottom